Files to get your Mesmerize back to stock 2.1 and 2.2.1

Search This thread

keenano

Feb 22, 2011
Lost roaming 3G

So I lost roaming 3G when I flashed the latest Heinz update. Never had a problem with this before. I couldn't update the PRL because the phone app would crash on every attempt. I have resorted to doing a full EE19 stock restore, but still no 3G while roaming. This is a problem since I spend 90% of the time roaming. Any ideas on how to correct this issue. Thanks

mbrulla

Apr 17, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
EE19 Question

Does the EE19 file here contain bootloader or would I need to use the EC10?

Making my "backup" folder JIC something goes wrong from MTD.

thanks in advance.

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Does the EE19 file here contain bootloader or would I need to use the EC10?

Making my "backup" folder JIC something goes wrong from MTD.

thanks in advance.

All of the files here are full builds. They contain every partition for the phone so you will be able to repartition in Odin.

Reactions: mbrulla

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
try doing a factory restore with the option in your phone. reboot.
once you are in the phone then pull the battery plug in USB and run odin and flash it.

I would only do this if you are on a full stock build. CWM is the best way to wipe data/factory reset. If you use the in rom option with custom rom's/kernels (specifically voodoo with lagfix enabled) you risk mixing RFS/EXT4 and you'll have to end up flashing a full build in odin, so best to stay away from that option.

Apr 14, 2009
Does anyone have any ideas for me? I completely and totally forgot that i had installed voodoo lagfix and i did a factory reset. It completely puked on reboot and now i can ONLY get into download mode. Can't turn on the phone at all.

I've tried using odin to flash the two files at the beginning of this thread but odin fails every time when it tries to flash the boot.bin.

Any suggestions for saving this phone?

mbrulla

Apr 17, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
Does anyone have any ideas for me? I completely and totally forgot that i had installed voodoo lagfix and i did a factory reset. It completely puked on reboot and now i can ONLY get into download mode. Can't turn on the phone at all.

I've tried using odin to flash the two files at the beginning of this thread but odin fails every time when it tries to flash the boot.bin.

Any suggestions for saving this phone?

Flash the full build of EE19 in ODIN and check "repartition".

sdhotwn

Apr 23, 2009
Madison, WI
Are the files included at the start of the thread full USCC files including the radio files? Or are they using Verizon radios or other components?

Reason I ask is I did use these a few months ago to get back to stock and things have generally been fine, but my phone refuses to work in the Chicago area, but is completely fine everywhere else. Zero signal of any sort when close to Chicago, fine anywhere else. Super weird and I'm trying to trace down what the cause could possibly be.

Thanks!

Steve

Riarle3

Aug 9, 2011
Okay, so I read through the thread and I can't find anything that will fix my problem. I had CM7 on my phone and it worked except that there were glitches and I got to the point where I just wanted to reflash it to stock. I followed the instructions, disabled voodoo's lagfix, and tried using odin to install the EC10 stock files. After clicking start on odin, i follow the activity log in the bottom left and see that it gets stuck on factoryfs.rfs, and after about 30 minutes it fails. What did I do and what do I do about it? Please help.

dsauce

Nov 5, 2008
Can anyone re-up the full restore packages with megaupload gone? My mesmerize is completely borked, only boots to the samsung recovery utils screen, tried everything, and I think I'm at the point where I need to do a repartition/restore, but cannot find a source to get any full restore package for the phone :(

KingPin6

Sep 19, 2007
Can anyone re-up the full restore packages with megaupload gone? My mesmerize is completely borked, only boots to the samsung recovery utils screen, tried everything, and I think I'm at the point where I need to do a repartition/restore, but cannot find a source to get any full restore package for the phone :(

I downloaded them all and uploaded here : http://cdn.kpsn.org/android/mesmerize/
if anything else needs to be upload link me to it.

Last edited:

Dreadlink

Feb 21, 2011
Having issues

So basically my phone was freezing up. It was stock and I decided to reflash it so that I would stop getting error messages from TouchWIz. Long story short I thought I did it correctly but for some reason my phone resets EVERY time I turn it off.

1. I opened Odin.
2. Selected the .pit file
3. Selected .tar file and checked PDA
4. Pulled battery and put it in Download Mod
5. Ran Odin and completed sucessful

Issues Occured:
I started my phone up and EVERY APP I had installed crashed and I got a ERROR message.

Then I uninstalled and re-installed all of them even though I assume re-flashing would remove them.

Phone appeared to be working right.

But then I restarted the phone and all my text and info was gone. Strange.

So what do I do to re-flash correctly to stock?

LEVATATOR™

Dec 26, 2010
Cana VA
Updated to include 2.2.1

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

If you are unfamiliar with how to use Odin pay attention to what you are doing. Flashing the wrong file or flashing to the wrong place can potentially be a nightmare.
*********ONLY FLASH MESMERIZE FILES TO YOUR MESMERIZE*****

First download both files if you don't already have Odin. Unzip the Mesmerize DI14 zip file or EC10 zip file. You will notice that there is a .pit file and a .tar.md5 file. You will flash both at the same time if you want to go COMPLETELY back to stock. This process will wipe all data from your phone except your phone number and anything on your sdcard.

1. Pull your phone battery
2. Start Odin
3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
-your phone should go into download mode
6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
-if not, try another USB port
7. Click Start

It will look similar to this.
Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize Files located here:
Mesmerize 2.2.1: EE19 Full Froyo Restore Package
Mesmerize 2.2.1: EC10 Full Froyo Restore Package
Mesmerize 2.1: Full Eclair Restore Package
Odin3 v1.3 located here: Odin3

This is a stock kernel that is in a flashable zip. If you are just wanting or needing to go back to a stock kernel for some reason and do not want to flash everything back to stock, this is what you want. If you are using a voodoo kernel, make sure you disable lagfix before flashing the stock kernel.

Mesmerize EE19 kernel only: Stock EE19 kernel only
Mesmerize EC10 kernel only: Stock EC10 kernel only
Mesmerize DI14 kernel only: Stock DI14 kernel only
links dont work ... nothing megaupload works

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Reactions: LEVATATOR™

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Hi guys. I'm trying to help a friend fix his phone. Not sure exactly what he did to get it boot looping so I can not tell you how he did or more importantly what he did exactly. I just know it will boot loop at the first samsung logo, it wont go into recovery but I can get it into download mode. I have all the needed files to fix I think but I am stuck on the driver situation. No matter which driver, computer, USB port, or cable I use I can NOT get the computer to recognize the phone, it always pops up as an unknown device as soon as I plug it in (without battery) but before I can hit Vol down, no matter which combination of cables, computers, usb port, and drivers I can not for the life of me get the computer to recognize the Mesmerize.

Any ideas would be very gratefully accepted at this point, I hope someone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong. This is not the first time I have used Odin,but I can not figure out what I am doing wrong!

***EDIT***
I got download mode working, now no matter which pit and tar files I flash, it wont boot past first logo. I even tried Heimdall, any ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to include 2.2.1

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

If you are unfamiliar with how to use Odin pay attention to what you are doing. Flashing the wrong file or flashing to the wrong place can potentially be a nightmare.

First download both files if you don't already have Odin. Unzip the Mesmerize DI14 zip file or EC10 zip file. You will notice that there is a .pit file and a .tar.md5 file. You will flash both at the same time if you want to go COMPLETELY back to stock. This process will wipe all data from your phone except your phone number and anything on your sdcard.

1. Pull your phone battery
    2. Start Odin
    3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
    4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
    5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
    -your phone should go into download mode
    6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
    -if not, try another USB port
    7. Click Start

It will look similar to this.
    Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize Files located here:
    Mesmerize 2.2.1: EE19 Full Froyo Restore Package
    Mesmerize 2.2.1: EC10 Full Froyo Restore Package
    Mesmerize 2.1: Full Eclair Restore Package
    Odin3 v1.3 located here: Odin3

This is a stock kernel that is in a flashable zip. If you are just wanting or needing to go back to a stock kernel for some reason and do not want to flash everything back to stock, this is what you want. If you are using a voodoo kernel, make sure you disable lagfix before flashing the stock kernel.

Mesmerize EE19 kernel only: Stock EE19 kernel only
    Mesmerize EC10 kernel only: Stock EC10 kernel only
    Mesmerize DI14 kernel only: Stock DI14 kernel only

I downloaded them all and uploaded here : http://cdn.kpsn.org/android/mesmerize/
    if anything else needs to be upload link me to it.
    Hey here's odin http://db.tt/tp0wsvfW

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

The md5 file to be put into the PDA slot of odin

http://db.tt/gRjsZLGZ

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

PIT file :

http://db.tt/TUKDFsnV

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Now ... please go to
    ROOTZWIKI.COM to get EVERYTHING else u need for the MEZ :p

for some reason I cant disable it in the boot menu

Just add a file to the voodoo folder on your sdcard called disable_lagfix and reboot. It should talk through the disable just like the enable.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    Will this unroot or take voodoo off your mesmerize? kind of want a fresh start.