OP lucasarran

12th February 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanpeebles

Nothing yet on my xoom 2 here in the UK. Anyone had an update in the UK?

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk

I have received my Update on my Xoom 2 and living in the UK.
12th February 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 245

1,282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Almost all but given up on getting a Xyboard 8.2 b/c of lack of ....ANYTHING...development, updates, ICS...etc. But I just read on the XoomForums that they are very very close to root for the Xyboard. Then I would imagine something like bootstrap or safestrap would work to install custom ROMS.
14th February 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
OK just been onto Moto tech support and they dont plan to release the honeycomb update to all devices :

fooked over yet again. well done moto.

Code:
MOTO: Ok, can you please specify what is happening when you try to update. You connect to the Wi-Fi, then you go to Settings  > About tablet > System update ... any error messages, what is the alert message?
ME : i just get the message "your device is up to date.  No update is necessary at thsi time"
MOTO: Ok, let me check with our technical team regarding update. I'll be in a minute.
ME : im running android 3.2, build number 1.6.0_218.3-MX615
ME : from what ive read on teh forums it seems as thoguh anyone with a 1.6.0_218 build hasnt recieved the update
MOTO: that means that you particular XOOM 2 is up to date. If there was a small update for specific devices for 3.2.2 (x.x. 2 ) version  - that means this update fixes some issues or problems for those devices. If your device is not receiving update automatically - that means there is no update for your particular Xoom2
ME: the only thing is the issues that this update fixes ARE relevent on these tablets
ME:  http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/GB-EN/TABLETS/MZ615/Blur_Version_0.268.4-MZ615-Retail-EU.en-GB.html
ME: i.e. its fixed rendering problems in teh browser / appstore and several other bits
ME :  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22338528
ME : is there any chance i get get hold  of the update and isntall it manually
MOTO: I've checked with our technical team and at the moment this particular built number - doesn't need an update.
Last edited by LuckyDip23; 14th February 2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: remove name
15th February 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 25

191 posts
i still haven't received the update . Does any one knows a way to forced my tablet receive it ?

By the way motorola schedule to begin rolling out ics in q3 for Xoom 2 and this is unacceptable ...
15th February 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

268 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcykkk9

i still haven't received the update . Does any one knows a way to forced my tablet receive it ?

By the way motorola schedule to begin rolling out ics in q3 for Xoom 2 and this is unacceptable ...

I find it unacceptable too! We were promised an update within 6 weeks of release, but now we have to wait for Q3 when the RAZR is receiving the update in Q2 seems quite unfair.
16th February 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 64

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke.arran

I find it unacceptable too! We were promised an update within 6 weeks of release, but now we have to wait for Q3 when the RAZR is receiving the update in Q2 seems quite unfair.

We weren't promised ICS within 6 weeks of launch...
16th February 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian893

We weren't promised ICS within 6 weeks of launch...

I got told different when I was purchasing my Xoom 2 in shop.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucasarran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #18  
Flag Florida!
Thanks Meter: 78

553 posts
Quote:

OK just been onto Moto tech support and they dont plan to release the honeycomb update to all devices :

fooked over yet again. well done moto.

MOTO: Ok, can you please specify what is happening when you try to update. You connect to the Wi-Fi, then you go to Settings > About tablet > System update ... any error messages, what is the alert message?
ME : i just get the message "your device is up to date. No update is necessary at thsi time"
MOTO: Ok, let me check with our technical team regarding update. I'll be in a minute.
ME : im running android 3.2, build number 1.6.0_218.3-MX615
ME : from what ive read on teh forums it seems as thoguh anyone with a 1.6.0_218 build hasnt recieved the update
MOTO: that means that you particular XOOM 2 is up to date. If there was a small update for specific devices for 3.2.2 (x.x. 2 ) version - that means this update fixes some issues or problems for those devices. If your device is not receiving update automatically - that means there is no update for your particular Xoom2
ME: the only thing is the issues that this update fixes ARE relevent on these tablets
ME: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...-EU.en-GB.html
ME: i.e. its fixed rendering problems in teh browser / appstore and several other bits
ME : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22338528
ME : is there any chance i get get hold of the update and isntall it manually
MOTO: I've checked with our technical team and at the moment this particular built number - doesn't need an update.

Man, thats some bs, I'm on 16.0M-218.14-MZ617 and I haven't gotten the update so I guess I'm not one of the chosen ones, but my tablet definitely has some of the problems addressed by the update!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 with Verizon 4G LTE
22nd February 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 25

191 posts
i still haven't received the update . Does any one knows a way to forced my tablet receive it ? Maybe through android recovery ?
24th February 2012, 08:01 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
I just got my Xoom 2. I have Android 3.2.2 and Build-number: 1.6.0_268.6-MZ616

Is this the current version? My Tablet say's, that no updates are required.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread