Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gadgets for Tab/Andoid

Tip us?

Pille69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gadgets for Tab/Andoid

Hello Guys
i am right now in a difficult situation. i have no preferences related to phone/tab. The samsung tab fullfiled all my requirements related to communication but the ipad just have more gadgets for the pad - like dj table, beamer, speaker, drives and much more. If you check a local Apple store they have a lot of things there and the industry keep developing new gadet for ipad. But i can not find anything for android expect for cases and charger.
soon it will come the galaxy tab 10N and the HTC with dual core and some other feature.
does anybody know more about gadgets for android ?
does not need to be for samsung only.
how you guys see it ?

i am right now in conflict with have a proper communication place and no gadgets (android) or have a limited communication center but a lot of gadgets (ipad).
what would you decide ?

Pille69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
2 weeks and not 1 post
i guess there is no gadgets for androids ?

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1,254
this section is specific to Galaxy Tab 7" accessories.
If your question is more generic than that, maybe it will get more response in other section? I don't know where though

nelsonoski1972
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pille69 View Post
2 weeks and not 1 post
i guess there is no gadgets for androids ?
If u r looking for gadgets for Galaxy Tab 7", then the answer will be a sad NO.
Sammy has been throwing a new Galaxy Tab model almost once in every 2 months but they r not bothered to release such gadgets u r seeking.Third party people r also not interested in making them since it do not pay them well.

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 903

DONATE TO ME
Reason why Apple has so many gadgets is that they use the same dock connector for all their products and its standard. I guess Apps can also utilize the data paths so it can communicate with accessories.

Android could benefit from such a universal connector (ex microUSB) but require specific instructions for hardware connections with the pins, etc.

Various shapes, sizes, pin locations, etc all make creating accessories for devices very difficult. Hell the Galaxy Nexus still doesn't have a very good selection of accessories.

The best thing I could come up with was the HDMI dock and the component cables for video out. I think there is also a SD card reader attachment also, similar to the Apple Camera kit for their iDevices.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!