Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial Alpha[4.0.3]

Tip us?

gunfromsako
Old
(Last edited by gunfromsako; 16th February 2012 at 07:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 969
Running nice on boot manager with my class 2 heh.

Edit: forgot screen shot... http://db.tt/acLNS97M
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using xda premium
Nah that's the beat to funky town..
Lose data or slow connectivity ? My guide for EPST / On device prl flashing
The Following User Says Thank You to gunfromsako For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oOMavrikOo
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by luderbeck1 View Post
EXT4 is what many ROMs use now. It's for how your SD card is formatted and has better speed/tweaks. The ROM and kernel need to support it. Google it to get a better, an probably much more accurate, description.

I didn't have much luck with the Boot Manager devs. It's been all trial and error with me. Lots of wiping and flashing and trying different ways. Yes, you might need a PC until you get it working correctly but once you do it's all good (except for Titanium Backup giving a binary error but it still works). Root still there and can quickly switch ROMs without the PC - haven't needed mine in a while.
Question... How do slots work in Boot Manager? What does it mean when people say "phone" slot? Are you able to flip flop between Amy ROM you have on the fly, or are you only able to do certain things with a ROM that's isn't on the phone slot?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

xhazyx
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOMavrikOo View Post
Question... How do slots work in Boot Manager? What does it mean when people say "phone" slot? Are you able to flip flop between Amy ROM you have on the fly, or are you only able to do certain things with a ROM that's isn't on the phone slot?

Each slot is a ROM that you can have loaded on Boot Manager.
The 'phone slot' is where the main ROM resides, the one that's actually flashed to your phone - the other slots load from the SD card.
And the concept of Boot Manager is to allow easy switching between ROMs, you can select which ROM you wanna reboot into.
The ROMs that load from the SD card should be completely functional, but sometimes odd issues arise, i.e. no-wifi, and maybe some lag may be noticed at times since the SD card is not as fast as the eMMC that the phone uses
CM7>Sense

oOMavrikOo
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhazyx View Post
Each slot is a ROM that you can have loaded on Boot Manager.
The 'phone slot' is where the main ROM resides, the one that's actually flashed to your phone - the other slots load from the SD card.
And the concept of Boot Manager is to allow easy switching between ROMs, you can select which ROM you wanna reboot into.
The ROMs that load from the SD card should be completely functional, but sometimes odd issues arise, i.e. no-wifi, and maybe some lag may be noticed at times since the SD card is not as fast as the eMMC that the phone uses
Can you just swap ROMs in and out of the phone slot and have them work like normal? Since I rooted on 1.5, how does this affect since I need Flash Image GUI to flash ROMs without a PC?

Also, does flashing ext4 tweaks wipe the SD card?

luderbeck1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOMavrikOo View Post
Can you just swap ROMs in and out of the phone slot and have them work like normal? Since I rooted on 1.5, how does this affect since I need Flash Image GUI to flash ROMs without a PC?

Also, does flashing ext4 tweaks wipe the SD card?

The Phone ROM is the main system running. It can be any ROM and the kernel is first flashed through Flash Image then reboot and the usual wipes then flash ROM. The slots are separate images. They get created with Boot Manager. ROMs, kernels, mods, are all flashed through the app to the selected slot. Think of Boot Manager as a Virtual PC/ VMWare app type for your phone.

wrapkgb
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Any chance boot manager talk could elsewhere? No offense, but it seems like every thread at some point turns into 7 pages of issues regarding BM which then turns into 9 additional pages of people wondering what BM is, what it does and how it works. Its a vicious cycle...

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

HTC EVO3D | MISSING CM7 | BEER
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wrapkgb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b-reezy
Old
Thanks Meter 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapkgb View Post
Any chance boot manager talk could elsewhere? No offense, but it seems like every thread at some point turns into 7 pages of issues regarding BM which then turns into 9 additional pages of people wondering what BM is, what it does and how it works. Its a vicious cycle...

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App
I was seriously just about to write "Why does it seem that every thread ends up turning into a discussion about boot manager?" Beat me to the punch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-reezy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bloodrain954
Old
Thanks Meter 298
oh no! people are talking in a forum about boot manager, its the end of the world! 2012!! the mayans were right!!

pickaxeus
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain954 View Post
oh no! people are talking in a forum about boot manager, its the end of the world! 2012!! the mayans were right!!
It isn't a really big deal that people keep going on and on about boot manager, but it is off topic. I wonder if someone could just make a boot manager sticky in the development section.

linsalata28
Old
Thanks Meter 2068

DONATE TO ME
If anyone wants I started a thread in q/a about bootmanager cause I'm trying to figure out how to work it. If anyone that knows how to use it and or anyone wants to ask questions you could use this thread so that it doesn't clutter up any ROM thread. Follow the link if you want to help me or anyone out or if you need help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22599001

Sent from my Eternity 3D using tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linsalata28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9, freakin-sweet, ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe