Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more
Thread Deleted

Skype Sound output switch

OP MarceloFB

2nd June 2008, 01:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I have made a program for my girlfriend wizard so she can talk with skype using the earpiece instead of the loudspeaker...

It might be useful for others too, use it at your own risk, I do not take responsibilities for any damage made by this program...

It also may work with other phones, it is a matter of trying... of course again, at your own risk.

It is very simple, just run the program before a skype call and then bring it up and press "ok" to close.

If someone knows tha if skype broadcast some sort of message while making a call, please send the information to me so I can make a auto-switching program ;)

Do not let the program running because you can really mess things around, but nothing serious... just annoying.

standalone exe file, do not sell it!!! it is free!!

Thanks.

Check the new program, at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469223
Attached Files
File Type: zip troca2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.0 KB, 4538 views)
Last edited by MarceloFB; 10th January 2009 at 09:21 PM.
3rd June 2008, 08:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Novi Sad

56 posts
More
Thanks man, I don't need it at the moment, but it is great idea.
9th September 2008, 03:36 AM   |  #3  
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 156

1,330 posts
More
this is a fix that a lot of ppl have been waiting for but unfortunately it doesn't work on my tytn 2. is there any way that you can make a universal switch or one for the tytn 2?
24th November 2008, 09:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

545 posts
More
can someone use this fix to auto-switch when wm6 voip call is comming in?
25th November 2008, 12:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kampala
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
This is brilliant, brilliant!!!!

I suggest you repost this as VOIP: Audio redirection to earpierce and hopefully the mods can make this a sticky. This is a problem that has baffled many for long.

I've tested with both Express Talk and WM6 VOIP. However WM6 VOIP has got an issue on my phone where the volume is low with lots of noise. However in both cases,the app redirected the audio to the earpiece. Express talk is crystal clear through the earpiece and is what I'll be using for VOIP calls.

Would you care to elaborate on what issues we can expect if we leave the application running for long?
4th December 2008, 03:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

144 posts
one small problem is after running this .exe, i am unable to key lock my device. so as i speak over the earpiece of skype i have the tendancy to press buttons (eg. hangup) with my face.
4th December 2008, 03:32 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmugabi

Would you care to elaborate on what issues we can expect if we leave the application running for long?

pmugabi:
you wont hear your phone ring at all if you leave the device running. all the sounds and notifications that come through the loudspeaker will all now come through the earpiece!
5th December 2008, 09:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
would vibrate still work?

To answer my own question, I tested it and it does! (Well I tested it on my Tilt and it worked)

My own problem now is finding a ROM that works with Skype and Troca2. The one I have now will not use the mic on the phone (whether troca2 is running or not). Either way I am making progress towards my Skype only wizard!
Last edited by hilltopper06; 5th December 2008 at 09:51 PM.
7th December 2008, 11:45 AM   |  #9  

4 posts
Question SKYPE and FRING on Sony Xperia X1
Have you managed to make this software automatic??

It may be a good idea if the software would work for FRING and SKYPE only without redirecting ALL the sounds.

Is it possible??

Best

Michael
9th December 2008, 02:25 AM   |  #10  

15 posts
I am having a issue with audio not coming out as mono on MP3 files will this work for that?

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread