[IMG] n2T-Recovery - Nook Simple Touch - Factory Restore / Recovery [v:0.2 17.11.11]

Search This thread

case-sensitive

Nov 4, 2010
n2t recovery files not available?

I've been trying to download the version 0.2 recovery for the last several hours, but I have not been able to connect to the server. I'd be most appreciative if someone can point me to another place where I can get this file (for unknown reasons my NST just got into a bootloop...)

tomerbd

Feb 6, 2009
Links do not work

Hi

the links

Versions: (You only need one of these depending on how messed up your NST is. Try 0.1 first!)
- Version 0.1 [Without boot partition restoration] n2T-Recovery_0.1.rar (2MB)
- Version 0.2 [With boot partition restoration] n2T-Recovery_0.2.rar (16MB)

do not work
does someone have it i have broken my nook i want to recover it
thanks!

Googie2149

Jan 6, 2012
Hi

the links

Versions: (You only need one of these depending on how messed up your NST is. Try 0.1 first!)

do not work
does someone have it i have broken my nook i want to recover it
thanks!

Look one post above yours.

Reactions: Realrawr

Bonnie_Raitt

May 10, 2011
I botched the TouchNooter process and couldn't boot. I tried .1 and then .2. .2 results in my NST performing factory restore. When it reboots, it appears to be booting fine (Read Forever screen), then flashing dots. However, part of the way through the flashing dots, the screen flashes two or three times. When I unlock the screen, I'm presented with a screen that says "Restart Required - Your NOOK encountered a problem that requires a system restart" No amount of reboots gets rid of this screen.

How should I proceed?

ros87

Oct 12, 2010
Bodø
I botched the TouchNooter process and couldn't boot. I tried .1 and then .2. .2 results in my NST performing factory restore. When it reboots, it appears to be booting fine (Read Forever screen), then flashing dots. However, part of the way through the flashing dots, the screen flashes two or three times. When I unlock the screen, I'm presented with a screen that says "Restart Required - Your NOOK encountered a problem that requires a system restart" No amount of reboots gets rid of this screen.

How should I proceed?

Sorry for the late reply.

Sounds to me that your NST ain't "that" broken.
If the N2T images didn't work you should take a look at eded333's tool Touch-Formatter

-Roger

Reactions: Realrawr
Apr 23, 2012
Chengdu
Finally I can reply here. I registered to ask for help but the POST 10 rule suspended me for quite a while.

I get things in a mess. I use the image version 0.1 to root my nook touch, but by my mistake, I flashed it to the NST itself, not in the MSD card. Now it can not be shut down. My NST is bricked in the recovery scene with a android robot, it can not go to the factory restore scene, nor can be shut down.I disconnect the USB cable and remove the MSD card, there is no answer by long press power button. I even tried 3 button reboot with the MSD card in, still no answer. Actually there is no button responds. I charged the device for more than 5 hours, the charging light was all time green.

I need your suggest....:(

PS: I am total confused. I Opened the NST, disconnect the battery with the main board, the scene of nook 2 tools and the android robot are still can be seen there. Should I say my NST can not power on or can not power off?

Last edited:

immaculate

Feb 24, 2010
Huge huge thanks for your work!

Just to clarify about that unique partition (/rom? /factory?): if someone has completely erased everything, and then restored from this image - will the device itself work fine (allowing further rooting, sideloading etc)? I.e. worst case scenario = just no B&N account?

I guess I'm not the only one who sideloads sans account anyway, and it'd be great to rely on these images instead of going through backup.

Last edited:

nar1118

Feb 23, 2008
nst image link

Finally found an image... Works, saved from bootloop:)
from youtube ""How to Root Nook Simple Touch 1.1"""
need to make some more posts b4 I do links

Restore Image (Use only if something goes wrong)
is located in the description of the video.
njoy!

mogul
tp
tp2
d2
d3
nst

Reactions: geekaren

gt573

Feb 9, 2010
Error
Sorry we're having trouble setting up your Nook. Please shutdown the device and try again.

If the problem persists, contact customer Support.

I just have Device info or power off
I'm getting this same message. Sounds like you were able to get yours working again. What did you do?

miguelroboso

Dec 23, 2010
I am puzzled. I rooted my NST with touchnooter 2.1.3; then I saw that it loses 20% of battery per day, so I decided to use nT recovery for going back to stock. No matter what I do, I cannot get there, I always end up with the android home screen. I tried 0.1, 0.2, dd from a mac, win32 image writer from windows, nothing...
does anybody have any idea on how to solve this?

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
I am puzzled. I rooted my NST with touchnooter 2.1.3; then I saw that it loses 20% of battery per day, so I decided to use nT recovery for going back to stock. No matter what I do, I cannot get there, I always end up with the android home screen. I tried 0.1, 0.2, dd from a mac, win32 image writer from windows, nothing...
does anybody have any idea on how to solve this?
Use TouchFormatter (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475613) -- I had the same problem in using n2T-Recovery to restore (from a failed rooting attempt with TouchNooter), and TF solved it for me.

BTW you can use NookColorTool->All Settings->Battery Use to find out which app is the culprit in fast draining your battery.

gioranaa

Dec 1, 2009
Ciao my noook is perfectly working, I would like to delete the "android" stuff that I've installed.
I want to have just a "pure" nook.. I tried with the first installer but nothing changed, I still have both.

I tried to download "Version 0.2 [With boot partition restoration] n2T-Recovery_0.2.rar (16MB)" but the link is no more working...

Could you help me? what do you suggest?

eded333

Apr 25, 2011
Ciao my noook is perfectly working, I would like to delete the "android" stuff that I've installed.
I want to have just a "pure" nook.. I tried with the first installer but nothing changed, I still have both.

I tried to download "Version 0.2 [With boot partition restoration] n2T-Recovery_0.2.rar (16MB)" but the link is no more working...

Could you help me? what do you suggest?

Use [NST]Touch-Formatter

Or do a reset, then a restore with n2T-Recovery, then upgrade. No need for the v2 as that is helpfull if you messed up also /boot partition.

Thraka

Apr 8, 2007
Will this ever work with glow? I got a replacement from B&N because of a manufacturing fault in my device and I need to return the bad one to them. I should probably restore it to factory before hand but I cannot find any restore images like I did with my simple touch a year ago... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCLAIMER] Images are provideded "as is", use at your own risk!

[NOTE] This project is no longer maintained!

Quite a few people seem to end up in non-bootable-states (myself included) when trying to root/app/tweak etc..
    So I made a couple of images that will help you trigger Factory Restore on your Nook Simple Touch.

Compability:
    Nook Simple Touch - [1.0.0], [1.0.1], [1.1.0]

Requirements:
    - A microSD card of atleast 128MB of size (existing data will be lost)
    - Make sure your NST is charged! A failed root will drain your NST quickly without you noticing it!

Tools:
    - Windows: win32 Disk Imager
    - Linux: d'uh .. dd
    - Mac: diskutil and dd

Still unsure about tools?, look here

Usage:
    - Uncompress the image
    - Write the image to your mSD card with one of the tools listed above.
    - Power up your Nook Touch with the mSD card inserted.
    - Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.

If all went well you should see the factory restore screen popping up in 10-20 seconds after reboot, and you'll be back to the version your NST was originally shipped with* when it's finished.

If it doesn't, please share your "detailed" story in this thread and feel free to PM me, I've restored quite a few "hopeless" cases :)

[*] Factory Restore doesn't wipe your /data

Update:
    26.11.2012 - Added new download links
    28.01.2012 - Moved files to new server

Changelog:
    [0.1]
    - Initial release

[0.2]
    - Rewrites boot partition before triggering Factory Restore

Credits:
    - Based on Nook Simple Touch 1.0.0 boot partition
    - Made possible by Noogie image by nookDevs
    Scary!

But good solution when everything else fails. Thanks!

Nothing scary about it, it only writes to a single file on your N2 to trick it into believing there has been 8 missed boot attempts. :)
    That is good to know, because timed things on smartphone and the like is a usual way to messy results. Try putting an iphone in DFU mode in order to jailbreak it...

Ah I see your point, but there's really no timing involved with this process.
    Cleaned up the instructions a little, thank you.
    Answers -
    1. By "hanging" I meant it's stuck on the last little bit of writing the restore img - never quite finishes.

Ok, so the factory restore got triggered but didn't complete, wonder why.
    Did you try to trigger restore again?

I'm gonna look into adding more advanced recovery options to the tool.

2. Just go to BN site and you can download "update.zip 1.01" for the Touch - it gets applied by placing on the root of the internal memory and booting up

Yes I know, but you said you wrote it to sdcard with winimage, which didn't make any sense :)