Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Problem

Tip us?
 
Lee_Et81
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Default Charging Problem

This problem started with my phone a couple weeks ago. I seem to have problems charging my phone. I cannot charge my phone while it's off. If I plug it into a power source via the cable it turns itself on.

Sometimes it will not charge. It usually happens if I use the phone while it's plugged into something while charging. In the status bar it indicates it is not charging. To make get it to charge the battery again I have to take out the battery and restart the phone. Sometimes I have to do this a few times before it starts charging again.

I've got my phone rooted with CWM and i'm running CM7
 
Enyo.
Old
#2  
Enyo.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 869
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Et81 View Post
This problem started with my phone a couple weeks ago. I seem to have problems charging my phone. I cannot charge my phone while it's off. If I plug it into a power source via the cable it turns itself on.

Sometimes it will not charge. It usually happens if I use the phone while it's plugged into something while charging. In the status bar it indicates it is not charging. To make get it to charge the battery again I have to take out the battery and restart the phone. Sometimes I have to do this a few times before it starts charging again.

I've got my phone rooted with CWM and i'm running CM7
This only happens to me when my phone overheats .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App





If You Like My Work, Follow Me On Twitter!

All my shared code is on my GitHub!
 
neh4pres
Old
#3  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 2,107
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Et81 View Post
This problem started with my phone a couple weeks ago. I seem to have problems charging my phone. I cannot charge my phone while it's off. If I plug it into a power source via the cable it turns itself on.

Sometimes it will not charge. It usually happens if I use the phone while it's plugged into something while charging. In the status bar it indicates it is not charging. To make get it to charge the battery again I have to take out the battery and restart the phone. Sometimes I have to do this a few times before it starts charging again.

I've got my phone rooted with CWM and i'm running CM7
What are you running? ROM, kernel?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
 
Hypnosis4U2NV
Old
#4  
Hypnosis4U2NV's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 439
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo. View Post
This only happens to me when my phone overheats .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
That's cause your using HOT Salsa CM.. Try toning it down to either MEDIUM or MILD and that should help..

Sent from my Commodore 64..
READY.
load"xda forums",8,1
 
Lee_Et81
Old
(Last edited by Lee_Et81; 6th March 2012 at 12:12 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
What are you running? ROM, kernel?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
I'm not sure. I have a CM7 nightly from 11-16-2011. It was the second to the last nightly that was made for it. It seemed to have less issues then the latest one. But, I've flashed different ROMs available from CWM and the charging issue was still present.

This is what my I have.

Basebad Version: S:i500.04 V.ED05

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14-g07dc0db-dirty, jt1134@unbuntu #1

Mod Verson: CyanogenMod-7-11162011-NIGHTLY-Fascinate

Any help is much appreciated.
 
neh4pres
Old
#6  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 2,107
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Et81 View Post
I'm not sure. I have a CM7 nightly from 11-16-2011. It was the second to the last nightly that was made for it. It seemed to have less issues then the latest one. But, I've flashed different ROMs available from CWM and the charging issue was still present.

This is what my I have.

Basebad Version: S:i500.04 V.ED05

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14-g07dc0db-dirty, jt1134@unbuntu #1

Mod Verson: CyanogenMod-7-11162011-NIGHTLY-Fascinate

Any help is much appreciated.
Have you tried to Odin to stock using v 2.2pit? Could be something buggy in your data or partitions. i.have found that some things can only be solved this way.. If you odin to stock and it still happens then it is most likely hardware.. If you need help with odin use droidstyles guide in the general section

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to neh4pres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lee_Et81
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
Have you tried to Odin to stock using v 2.2pit? Could be something buggy in your data or partitions. i.have found that some things can only be solved this way.. If you odin to stock and it still happens then it is most likely hardware.. If you need help with odin use droidstyles guide in the general section

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
i guess that's what i'll have to do.
 
neh4pres
Old
#8  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 2,107
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Et81 View Post
i guess that's what i'll have to do.
Let me know how it works out

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
 
Lee_Et81
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
Let me know how it works out

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
I seem to have another problem. Two laptops of mine can't communicate with my phone. I've installed a samsung driver for them but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe the driver I'm trying to use is outdated or bad. Can you direct me to a place that may have a working driver?

much appreciated.
 
neh4pres
Old
#10  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 2,107
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Et81 View Post
I seem to have another problem. Two laptops of mine can't communicate with my phone. I've installed a samsung driver for them but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe the driver I'm trying to use is outdated or bad. Can you direct me to a place that may have a working driver?

much appreciated.
Open Odin,Pull battery, hold volume down while plugging in usb, keep holding until download mode pops up, a box in the upper left corner should turn yellow

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes