OP User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 3,884

3,461 posts
More
This is a placeholder
13th February 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
The universal moto dock is overpriced, and also crappy. I loved the D1/D2/X2 docks. This universal one they're doing now annoys me.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA App
14th February 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Was debating getting one but I'd figure I'd try it out first. Do they have these in the Verizon showrooms?
14th February 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Avenel
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
More
verizonwireless.com has the D4 car mount which I already ordered and will give an update as to its quality and functionality when it arrives. They have it for $39.99 which is actually cheaper than past docks so I am pretty content with that.

Also, Best Buy is carrying the Zagg screen shields for about $20 which is not bad if you want something really pro to protect that gorilla glass. It fits well and is the only one I have seen that is specifically designed for the D4 as of right now.
16th February 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 14

152 posts
As far as the dock goes it seems pretty solid I bought it on release day. pure gear also has has some accessories for the D4. I ordered the case/holster and the screen sheild
.PURETEK™ ROLL-ON SCREEN SHIELD KIT FOR MOTOROLA DROID 4KICKSTAND CASE + HOLSTER FOR MOTOROLA DROID 4

http://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-dev...orola.html?p=2
16th February 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 46

180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie673

verizonwireless.com has the D4 car mount which I already ordered and will give an update as to its quality and functionality when it arrives. They have it for $39.99 which is actually cheaper than past docks so I am pretty content with that.

I would not recommend the $40 VZW D4 car mount. I bought it yesterday thinking it was the same as the $60 mount in the Motorola Store/Amazon (it's not) and returned it today. The VZW mount does not come with a power cable/charger and the 3.5mm jack needs to be plugged in every time you dock your phone to get audio from your car speakers, whereas the $60 mount has a 2-in-1 cable that connects both power and audio via USB. Definitely worth the extra 20 bucks IMHO.

VZW car dock: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=50275
Motorola car dock: http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...r-DROID4-US-EN
Last edited by jy3ng4; 6th March 2012 at 02:25 AM.
18th February 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I bought the Power and protection package, the vehicle navigation dock, the HD Station, and the Lapdock 500 when I got the droid 4 - so I can answer questions on these items, if anyone has any.
18th February 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
Otter Box
The otterrbox case is now available on Ebay and probably all over by next week
19th February 2012, 11:29 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Skinomi has their techskin available for the D4. I was much happier than the ZAGG, one the warranty is great, they replace for a nominal fee regardless of reason, two) cheaper for the same quality, three) I like the feel of the tech skin better.

I also bought the lapdock100 and love it. Nice quality and really gives me laptop light functionality. It can't/won't replace a laptop or desktop but makes things easier when trying to pump out some work emails or just general browsing.
21st February 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 11

133 posts
More
i bought the holster clip from verizon for the phone, but it's too bulky, anyone see a smaller one, similar to the OG droid's?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread