No registration required

ICS for Droid X

OP mskks64

17th January 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 560

1,047 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm hearing on several forums about the upsides of ICS, though I'm thinking I shall wait it out for camera support.
17th January 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 232

1,140 posts
Donate to Me
More
Once camera is working, CM9 will be a true beast.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
11th February 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
EncounterICS = Awesome
I flashed EncounterICS beta 3 the other day and other than the camera and voice inputs not working it is the smoothest running rom I have ever had on my DX. The battery life is great and the new features of ICS make me never want to flash back to anything else. If the short broken items list isn't a big deal for you, this rom makes for a great daily driver. Not a single issue yet!
14th February 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 1

67 posts
I just flashed it the other day and I am having horrible battery life. But besides that it is an excellent from that really only needs camera to be *fully* functional.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
17th February 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 2

79 posts
Well I want to switch from what I got. I have flashed MIUI ICS 2.2.5a twice now and I really like the rom. But, my battery life just isn't up to par with my rooted .605 or Vortex on .605.
I would switch back in a heartbeat if I could get the battery issue figured out.
I mean, it seem like it will hardly charge while plugged into usb. It will but very, very slowly. Once plugged into the wall or my car plug it will charge right up????
I ran it down to like 30% here at work and all I have is usb charger and it just kept either loosing charge or it would only go up 1%.. Really weird and I have never had that happen.

I have the ICS rom and thinking about trying out. I can live without the camera as long as it runs good and battery is stable.
19th February 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 232

1,140 posts
Donate to Me
More
CyanogenMod 9 beta is now available for the Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
20th February 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 2

79 posts
I've been using Encounter ICS all weekend and really like it. Been running smooth and battery life has been good. If only the camera worked.
23rd February 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #38  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 52

201 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infazzdar

CyanogenMod 9 beta is now available for the Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yes it is. This is a MAJOR improvement over EncounterICS- voice input works, it has incorporated the newest CM9 improvements (new settings, CM9 custom stuff, etc.) and maybe the best part... active development. The camera still isn't working and because the drivers needed to make it work are closed source it may be a while (if ever) before it's working. Supposedly the devs are close to a fix for the droid2 and if that happens it may be possible to port it over to the X- don't quote me on it, it's just what I've read. This ROM is fine for a daily driver, though, if you don't mind being without a camera. If you still want to try it and can't live without the camera load it up with Boot Manager. They say it won't work but I'm running it now. It is fine as long as you first are running on a 2nd init rom, install your 2nd init rom of choice INTO AN SD SLOT in boot manager (MIUI, CM7, whatever) and load CM9 (ICS) AS THE PHONE ROM. It will work, trust me. Anyway- it's definately worth checking out. If you liked EncounterICS you will love this. =) OK, well apparently I haven't posted enough to post a link here. You can find the CM9 thread at droidforums (dot) net (fwslash) forum (fwslash) droid-x-roms (fwslash) 199030-cyanogenmod-9-beta (dot) html
or google "13th Angel" (developer) and cyanogenmod 9 beta droidx
Last edited by sickopsycho; 23rd February 2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: oops- forgot to mention where you can find it...
24th February 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickopsycho

yes it is. This is a MAJOR improvement over EncounterICS- voice input works, it has incorporated the newest CM9 improvements (new settings, CM9 custom stuff, etc.) and maybe the best part... active development. The camera still isn't working and because the drivers needed to make it work are closed source it may be a while (if ever) before it's working. Supposedly the devs are close to a fix for the droid2 and if that happens it may be possible to port it over to the X- don't quote me on it, it's just what I've read. This ROM is fine for a daily driver, though, if you don't mind being without a camera. If you still want to try it and can't live without the camera load it up with Boot Manager. They say it won't work but I'm running it now. It is fine as long as you first are running on a 2nd init rom, install your 2nd init rom of choice INTO AN SD SLOT in boot manager (MIUI, CM7, whatever) and load CM9 (ICS) AS THE PHONE ROM. It will work, trust me. Anyway- it's definately worth checking out. If you liked EncounterICS you will love this. =) OK, well apparently I haven't posted enough to post a link here. You can find the CM9 thread at droidforums (dot) net (fwslash) forum (fwslash) droid-x-roms (fwslash) 199030-cyanogenmod-9-beta (dot) html
or google "13th Angel" (developer) and cyanogenmod 9 beta droidx

I have been watching that build every day. Just waititng for a few more of the issues to be ironed out before i flash it. Good news is that the camera is close to functioning. really the only part about it that doesn't is the ability to actually take pictures. Otherwise viewfinder/camera modes/zoom/etc is fuctioning. Angel over at rootzwiki was going to put it in his CM9 rom but it was causing problems so he removed it till the dev working on the camera gets a little further.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread