FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Who is willing to work on a kernel?

20th February 2012, 02:06 PM |#21  
JuLes' MostWanted's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
lol nice
i didn't know cwm supports background

--------------------------------------------------
Im willing to help others...
Feel free to pm and ask a question...
*just don't flame if I get something wrong sometimes, I'm only a HUMAN NOT AN ANDROID :D

Oh btw.. Hit thanks if I helped
 
 
20th February 2012, 02:58 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 153
 
Donate to Me
More
Well goal one would be miui compatibility. Goal 2 for now would to be finish what Brian had on his list. If you don't know what that is read the op of his kernel thread

I'd like to do unbrickable, but lack the tools.
Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
20th February 2012, 02:59 PM |#23  
cybok0's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

So who wants to see CWM FB edition?


EDIT

The kernel's initramfs can be edited and repacked.
Just a little hex editing and swapping out the logo image for CWM.

Guide and downloads coming later today.

That looks great.



Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
20th February 2012, 03:26 PM |#24  
Juls317's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterblade

Well goal one would be miui compatibility. Goal 2 for now would to be finish what Brian had on his list. If you don't know what that is read the op of his kernel thread

I'd like to do unbrickable, but lack the tools.
Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

my thread, my establishment of goals.

but that is a good start. id add voodoo and bln to that list though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
20th February 2012, 03:38 PM |#25  
FBis251's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,722
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls317

my thread, my establishment of goals.

but that is a good start. id add voodoo and bln to that list though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

This is the kind of counter-productive behavior that isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Who here already knows how to use git?
20th February 2012, 03:50 PM |#26  
Fluidification's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,487
 
More
question, aren't we trying to go away from voodoo scripting?
20th February 2012, 03:56 PM |#27  
FBis251's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,722
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfluip1

question, aren't we trying to go away from voodoo scripting?

I'd like to, it's pretty cluttered in the voodoo directory. I think he was referring to voodoo sound though.

Things I'd like to see (in order of what's most important):
MTD
BLN
Voodoo Sound
20th February 2012, 03:59 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Out of curiosity, has Bryan actually stopped working on a kernel? I remember him mentioning that just because he didn't commit changes to his github doesn't mean he's not working on different builds privately. Of choose I could be wrong, someone may have contacted him.

I do think another group working on this would be a good idea though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
20th February 2012, 04:18 PM |#29  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,413
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls317

my thread, my establishment of goals.

Than don't expect any help on this. Zero dev skills as stated in your first post and you want to direct the show? Good luck with that.

FB

That's looking sweet. Thanks for the work on that.
20th February 2012, 04:32 PM |#30  
Juls317's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

I'd like to, it's pretty cluttered in the voodoo directory. I think he was referring to voodoo sound though.

Things I'd like to see (in order of what's most important):
MTD
BLN
Voodoo Sound

I did mean voodoo sound.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using the XDA premium app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes