Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LG] How to Developer Unlock, Relock and keep your device Unlocked (Works in Mango!)

Tip us?

Ruwin
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoolwarriors View Post
Hi all,
I'm wp7 noob coming from wm6.5, used to mess around with hspl and custom rom, but inexperienced totally about developer unlock etc.
I've got some question about devunlock:

1. Is it possible to unlock latest mango update also? (.8107 I suppose)
2. Does the unlock change anything in the relationship between my phone and Zune or the Market place?
3. Is it completely reversible?
4. Is it possible to follow the first part of the unlock procedure, sideload an homebrew .xap and istall it on the phone and then let it later re-lock without losing the app's installation?
5. How risky is this procedure? anyone who bricked his phone in this way? is ti possible to recover it once bricked?

thank you for your answers and your time!

My dear friend, all the answers to your questions lie before you.
One does not simply post questions answered several times before; one should only read the forum (!) to find his path.

Cheers!
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, powered by OmniROM (AOSP 4.4 KitKat based) and Ditto Note 3.

- Read before you post!
- Remember, you're a guest; follow the house rules.
- Be polite, thank people who helped you.

alcoolwarriors
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwin View Post
My dear friend, all the answers to your questions lie before you.
One does not simply post questions answered several times before; one should only read the forum (!) to find his path.

Cheers!
thank you for your answer Ruwin, I red the entire thread before posting, and I'm reading it again right now and I've found, better I've been able to guess, the answer for my question 2 and 3 and not reading anyone who complain about a bricked phone, maybe even my question 5 is implicitly replied.
However I still haven't found anyone reporting successful unlock of build .8107 or writing about the ability of deploy xap and then relock.
-------------------------------------------
HTC Herald --> Xperia X1 --> Optimus 7

°Dexter°
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceu160193 View Post
Tried, it still reports same problem.
If do it without Zune, error is :
Zune software is not launched. Retry after making sure that Zune software is launched.
If try it with launched Zune, error is different:
Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.
I'm still there...has anyone found a solution for us "can't deploy/unlock anymore" guys??

cyberghoser1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by °Dexter° View Post
I'm still there...has anyone found a solution for us "can't deploy/unlock anymore" guys??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1271963
| SE Xperia X10 Mini | MiniCM7 | nAa Kernel | V6 Supercharger |

Ruwin
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
thank you for your answer Ruwin, I red the entire thread before posting, and I'm reading it again right now and I've found, better I've been able to guess, the answer for my question 2 and 3 and not reading anyone who complain about a bricked phone, maybe even my question 5 is implicitly replied.
However I still haven't found anyone reporting successful unlock of build .8107 or writing about the ability of deploy xap and then relock.
I cannot answer your 8107 question as i have not updated yet. But i am sure that you can test yourself the second problem. Just unlock your phone using the MFG services (like described in the first post), install a xap file and re-lock. I am pretty sure that the locking and unlocking has nothing to do with the already installed xaps, so if no error there, the applications should work with no problem.

But my intrigue starts here: why re-locking your phone?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, powered by OmniROM (AOSP 4.4 KitKat based) and Ditto Note 3.

- Read before you post!
- Remember, you're a guest; follow the house rules.
- Be polite, thank people who helped you.

alcoolwarriors
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I finally decided to try but even if unlock status is "1" I can't deploy with xapdeployx 0.9 (even with firewall off) getting the usual error about phone not connected or booted. Zune's running and phone's synced.

alcoolwarriors
Old
Thanks Meter 0
solved using official xap deployer!

°Dexter°
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
solved using official xap deployer!
I can't deploy with this one too, and it's not an interop issue (i tried to unlock that too)...any other step you made?
You mean microsoft app deployment app by "official xap deployer", am i right?

Budniu
Old
Thanks Meter 299
I have one question: Does with that unlock method, "BT File Transfer" app from DFT (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513650) will be work ?
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8.10.14157.200 (RM-937 02061.00066.14253.40001 ROM)
My home: EncyklopediaWindowsPhone.pl, Mobione.pl and O Windows Phone.pl

MonirAbuHilal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question Visual Studio Debugging Issue

Hello,

I've LG E900 which is Branded by "STARHUB SINGAPORE", I've unlocked the phone officially using "WP Developer Registration tool", after upgrading the Mango it got locked again so I've used the MFG Unlock method and it worked perfectly.

After a while I needed to have the option of "Internet Sharing" in my phone, Since it wasn't available in the settings, I Flashed the latest Netherlands Rom which is "DZ_LG-E900AT-00-V11d-NLD-XXX-SEP-23-2011+0", and everything went fine! Internet Sharing is working also the ability to add Hidden WiFi Networks.

Again the phone got locked after flashing the new Rom, So I followed the MFG Unlock Steps, and the phone got unlocked, BUT I'm facing the following problem every time I'm trying to Debug a WP7 App using Visual Studio:

Code:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The application could not be launched for debugging. Ensure that the target device screen is unlocked and that the application is installed.
OK   
The application usually get deployed to the phone, but visual studio couldn't Launch the UI Task, I've also tried different PCs, all of them gave the same error, Any Solution for this issue??

Thanks!

Tags
chevron, e900h, lg optimus, relock, unlock