Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD][PORT]Search key to ICS recent apps for ICS Passion

OP bobshute

20th February 2012, 07:49 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 19

174 posts
More
Any chance this could be updated to work with euphoria? Really got used to it and now I need it. Thanks
20th February 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
More
Played the guinea pig and tried flashing this over Euphoria RC1. Search key popped up recent apps as expected, but the menu key force closes Euphoria Launcher every time. Also, had an odd message in the power menu, looked like a list of permissions (write sd card, etc).
2nd March 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 8

320 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1217

Would this work on Br1ck's ice cream zenwich? Wondering before I flash

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Did not work for me... caused problems
22nd March 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #34  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 12

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderx2009

Any chance this could be updated to work with euphoria? Really got used to it and now I need it. Thanks

This this this! I got used to it on Passion and hate having to long press home on Euphoria.
22nd March 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 164

545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donteventrii

This this this! I got used to it on Passion and hate having to long press home on Euphoria.

I don't have one for Euphoria. Euphoria is based on AOKP but Neo changed the framework. You will get a bootloop.
Last edited by bobshute; 22nd March 2012 at 09:15 PM.
22nd March 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 3

69 posts
Does the link still works? i tried to click on it on my vibrant and it said the file is not available.
22nd March 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 164

545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yw2012

Does the link still works? i tried to click on it on my vibrant and it said the file is not available.

Fixed the Passion Link.
Last edited by bobshute; 22nd March 2012 at 08:08 PM.
22nd March 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 3

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshute

Fixed the Passion Link.

Awesome! Confirmed that it works now. =)
23rd March 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 221

1,362 posts
since long press home already brings up recent apps, what i did was download "exsbar" from the market, and it allows you to map long press search to any application. i use search a lot in apps like youtube, browser, etc. i personally mapped it to camera, so i can launch it from anywhere in the OS.

seems like recent tasks having to be remapped to the search key seems pointless since long press home already does that by default, and that can't be remapped....
23rd March 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #40  
Flag philly
Thanks Meter: 16

205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thachosenone

since long press home already brings up recent apps, what i did was download "exsbar" from the market, and it allows you to map long press search to any application. i use search a lot in apps like youtube, browser, etc. i personally mapped it to camera, so i can launch it from anywhere in the OS.

seems like recent tasks having to be remapped to the search key seems pointless since long press home already does that by default, and that can't be remapped....

i disagree that it's "pointless". Long-pressing seems to have a delay of 2-3 seconds (for me) before the menu comes up. Simply tapping the capacitive keys is nearly instant. it's nice to have instant access to something i actually use.

wish this were available for euphoria.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread