Screen quality

OP ericizzy1

29th January 2012, 07:40 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 11

64 posts
I don't mind the screen as a whole but I've had a defective one and this new one is messed up too. The first one has some stuck pixels that wouldn't switch off red. The replacement has what can only be described as a smudge near the middle of the screen. A nickel sized area is dimmer than the rest of the screen, it's most apparent on a bright white background. The whole screen will be uniformly white except this one area that is slightly grey. I took it to Sprint and showed them, they said Moto wont do anything about it. Really bothers me, not sure if there's anything I can do.
31st January 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 17

202 posts
I like LG's Nova and Asus IPS display a. AMOLED looks nice, but due to burn in, it's not meant for phones.

Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk
20th February 2012, 12:31 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 56

372 posts
More
did anyone notice this type of pattern on their screen? i can see it in direct sunlight.

20th February 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #74  
California
Thanks Meter: 87

814 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrun

did anyone notice this type of pattern on their screen? i can see it in direct sunlight.

That's normal.
20th February 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 90

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
What you're seeing, and is shown in the photos, is the digitizer. Its the part of the screen assembly that recognizes input. Yes, mine is also visible when held on an angle into a bright light.

I've owned some phones where the digitizer isn't noticeable (htc devices) and others where its annoyingly obvious (palm pre). This one is kind of middle of the road noticeable IMHO.
20th February 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #76  
Flag Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks Meter: 71

835 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSmithInNY

What you're seeing, and is shown in the photos, is the digitizer. Its the part of the screen assembly that recognizes input. Yes, mine is also visible when held on an angle into a bright light.

I've owned some phones where the digitizer isn't noticeable (htc devices) and others where its annoyingly obvious (palm pre). This one is kind of middle of the road noticeable IMHO.

Somewhat True (All of it except HTC devices. Went thru 2 of them in 2 years with HTC Tilt. Got replacements off e-bay for like $10.00. Now that I think about it, guy I met on Tilt forum when thru a couple too, which is how I knew about it.)

As for Photon, I really cannot tell?
20th February 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #77  

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000

Somewhat True (All of it except HTC devices. Went thru 2 of them in 2 years with HTC Tilt. Got replacements off e-bay for like $10.00. Now that I think about it, guy I met on Tilt forum when thru a couple too, which is how I knew about it.)

As for Photon, I really cannot tell?

Im afraid to ask what you guys were doing to phones to cause the screen assembly to malfunction but you have my attention .... ?
20th February 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #78  
Flag Pennsylvania, USA

835 posts
More
Quote:

Im afraid to ask what you guys were doing to phones to cause the screen assembly to malfunction but you have my attention .... ?

1. The original Tilt was a POS!
2. I play with my phones no less than12 hours a day, I do.

And I will tell you a funny story quickly. I loved the tilt and texting was fun. I was in Stockholm at a bar, I started kicking it with these 2 6' blonde chicks. They wanted to know about America and I wanted some...........I went to take a leak, the 2 sluts AND my Tilt was gone!!! That pissed me off for 2 reasons, my first 32Gb MicroSDHC card, no way to call home, and Tilt was no longer available, So it was HTC Fuze next.

Since we are all friends here, Swedish women LOVE black men!!!

I went to a professional Basketball game, of the 24 players on the court, only one was white!!

I went to Swedish National Hockey. I was rooting for Finland as they had a brother on their squad. Homie never stood a chance as he spent 2.5 periods in the penalty box!!!

Lastly, no matter where you live in the US, If a woman ask where your from, pop a virgia and tell them NYC!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!

And if you REALLY want to party, take the 48 hour Viking Booze cruise from Stockholm to Helisinki and back. $350.00 for a Suite, get bottle of Henny, some Gin, and bottle of Grey Goose!!! The German women will find you!! I don't speak any German, but we had a GREAT time!!

Hum..........Dont get into drinking contest with Russian women, you will not win!!

I was hated in South Korea and China, no love from them!!!

Singapour, 1/2 the women are actually men!!!

New Zeland & South Africa are simply Beautiful! (Seriously Breath taking!)

Rio is a slum! Paris is a Slum! Germany has some nice Churches? Norway is nicee as long as you don't eat the Fish with that white sauce on it!

And my last piece of Advice (Since this is a phone thread!), if you have the chance to travel like I have the last 3 or 4 years, As soon at you get to Newark International Airport, TURN OFF THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE!!!!! Before I learned to flash and get VodoPhone SIM card, AT&T will ram you in the a**!!
20th February 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #79  

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000

1. The original Tilt was a POS!
2. I play with my phones no less than12 hours a day, I do.

I suddenly have a strange urgency to book a trip ... im thinking Sweden, maybe Germany for some reason? LMAO! Damn sounds like you had some good times with that HTC.
20th February 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #80  
Flag Pennsylvania, USA

835 posts
More
Quote:

I suddenly have a strange urgency to book a trip ... im thinking Sweden, maybe Germany for some reason? LMAO! Damn sounds like you had some good times with that HTC.

Well, on the cheap, Fly to Stockholm, party for the night, take the 48 hour cruise I mentioned (Get the suite, you'll need it!) Once they find out your American and from NYC................Take that same cruise from Stockholm to Luburg, Germany. Bus from Luburg to Hamburg, Germany. High Speed Train from Hamburg to Berlin! Germany is nice with lots of clubs, but there are just as many brothers there as in NYC it's self! Sweden and Finland I stuck out like a sore thumb and they found me!

I loved HTC and it worked like a charm. Fuze also! Dead Duck with Evo. Have not tried Photon as I have not left the country since June. Photon has been great for me until I startedF**king with it, now that I put it back to stock, great again. Maybe one or 2 dropped calls since I got it. I'm heading back to Sydney in June, so at some point before I leave I'll root it, but until then........Actually now that I think about it, after last week, I'm not rooting ****!!! I will pay you, deed, shabby, or joker to do it!! As Clint Eastwood said - "A mans got to know his limitations!" I found mine last Wednesday!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread