Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Serendipity VII | Build 3 | Kernel 4.1 | **10/3** [FINAL]

Tip us?

iRide113
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawalke4 View Post
Im trying to flash this on my friends captivate. He is on sock AT&T 2.2.1 I downloaded the package and followed the directions with ODIN, however I cant find the PDA, PHONE, CSC, and PIT files in the zip. There are three folders "META-INF, system, and updates" However I cant find the pda files. I rooted the phone and installed clockwork recovery. Can I just flash this S7_Build_3.zip using CWM recovery? What is Kernel 4.1 zip for? Should I flash this first, then flash the ROM? What is the GB bootloader?
There are two packages you need to download on the website. One for GB bootloaders, one for Serendipity.
Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: ParanoidKANGdroid (Latest) | | Kernel: LeanKernel (Latest) | | Modem: I747UCLG1

Previous Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S II

reinbeau
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRide113 View Post
There are two packages you need to download on the website. One for GB bootloaders, one for Serendipity.
Unfortunately the bootloader link is dead. I know people have PMd Mikey, but it hasn't been restored yet

I was hopeful from his posts that he was going to give us a final version from the official release, but given some of his remarks in the WinMo section I don't think he'll be back to Android anytime soon.
Ann - Not a man

Did you read the first post of the thread?

The real purpose of XDA explained in one post - Click here!

| Samsung US/Canada GSM|

Μολὼν Λαβέ

gcamp0730
Old
(Last edited by gcamp0730; 20th February 2012 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinbeau View Post
Unfortunately the bootloader link is dead. I know people have PMd Mikey, but it hasn't been restored yet
I'm currently uploading the Installation.7z file, which is what "this package" refers to in step 1 of the instructions. I can't update the weebly website, but we can at least have a valid link posted here. I'll update this post when the upload finishes.

Edit:
Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sq4ugq1j69cs9ed
Get a free 20GB or more account with Copy! (Great for Titanium backups!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gcamp0730 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iRide113
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I was hopeful from his posts that he was going to give us a final version from the official release, but given some of his remarks in the WinMo section I don't think he'll be back to Android anytime soon.
Android is getting worse and worse.
Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: ParanoidKANGdroid (Latest) | | Kernel: LeanKernel (Latest) | | Modem: I747UCLG1

Previous Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S II

reinbeau
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,690
Quote:
Android is getting worse and worse.
I guess so, however, I will not do anything with apples but eat them WinMo? Micro$oft doesn't make me much happier, but if that's the way things go, then go there I shall - but not until I get my Note.
Ann - Not a man

Did you read the first post of the thread?

The real purpose of XDA explained in one post - Click here!

| Samsung US/Canada GSM|

Μολὼν Λαβέ

iRide113
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I guess so, however, I will not do anything with apples but eat them WinMo? Micro$oft doesn't make me much happier, but if that's the way things go, then go there I shall - but not until I get my Note.
Apple is already the best and will continue to raise the bar and get better and better. Nothing can compare - Android had a chance, but is now really screwing up.

Instead of Android coming out with new **** every 2 weeks, maybe they should fix what they have now and start from there. It's getting out of control.
Samsung Galaxy S III

Previous Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S II

mbc663
Old
Thanks Meter 1,095

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Apple is already the best and will continue to raise the bar and get better and better. Nothing can compare - Android had a chance, but is now really screwing up.

Instead of Android coming out with new **** every 2 weeks, maybe they should fix what they have now and start from there. It's getting out of control.
My chicks iphone4s drops 15% every hour with the sceen off. She hates it.

Rodman101
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
No. Do you need another camera to flash?

I made a CWM for the SGS II Camera for Cappy back when I had one.

Here you go...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21172955/Cam...%20%281%29.zip
I didn't want to flash a new camera because that's what messed it up and even when I reverted it still was messed up. I don't know what sort of black magic you used, but it's working with the new camera, so...Thanks!

I'm feeling serendipitous...
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S III on AT&T
Running: SynergyROM r373

Coby Kyros Tablet 7127
Running: KTZRoms Bulldog Gold T51

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate on AT&T
Running RemICS v.1.3.1

MikeyMike01
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,461

DONATE TO ME
Link fixed.

Sent from my SGH-I897
Apple iPhone 5S
Google Nexus 5
Motorola Moto X
Nokia Lumia 521
Apple iPhone 5
Google Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Infuse 4G
Samsung Captivate
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyMike01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pwneman
Old
Thanks Meter 582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc663 View Post
My chicks iphone4s drops 15% every hour with the sceen off. She hates it.
Lol, that's her fault most likely. Either her hardware's messed up(as some ppl have reported), or she excessively lets stuff run in the background. That's not normal. Most people will lose 1-4% with screen off and 3G on. That's insanely good. My cappy will get the same battery life with no WiFi or 3G on, and that's why apple wins. Plus uber good stability. That's a deal.
SimplyAOKP ICS 4.0.4 ~ ODEXED

SimplyStockV2.0 KK4/ICS THEMED ODEXED ~ SAMMY STABLE 2.3.5

Nexus S Modems for Galaxy S Devices

Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 5 (rip Android)

Previous Phone/s:
Samsung Impression
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate

~Rakesh Kadamati

Tags
ɹǝʌǝ ɯoɹ ƃuızɐɯɐ ʇsoɯ, amazing rom, best dev's on xda!, best rom ever!, developed by genius, editthistomakeitmorefunny, friggn rockstar from mars, gingerbread, has it's own commercial!, leggo, mikeymikeyilovemikeymikey, nerdy rom, sharks with laser beams, smartass dev, trolololololololololawl, unf unf unf hnnngg, winning!