Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEW] OEM SGS2 T989 Spare Battery Charging System & Phone Stand

Tip us?

asianxtreme
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Have this spare battery charger. 30% off @ T-Mobile.

It's great. Keeps the battery cool while/after charging. Never afraid of running out of juice

gorillaz1
Old
Thanks Meter 87
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Samsung ET-CGPK009GSTA Sprint SPH-D710 Battery Charger with Stand - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black

I got this one for my GalaxyS4g, it says it works with sprints Galaxy S2. Will it work with Tmobs?

jordanishere
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaz1 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Samsung ET-CGPK009GSTA Sprint SPH-D710 Battery Charger with Stand - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black

I got this one for my GalaxyS4g, it says it works with sprints Galaxy S2. Will it work with Tmobs?
All it does is charge a spare battery that isnt connected to the phone. if the batteries fit the charger, there shouldnt be much of a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

Natureboy72
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Allgamer, I just bought this system.is is safe for me to leave the battery plugged in after its been charged? or is it better for the battery to be unplugged

Thanks

Sum14u2nvy
Old
(Last edited by Sum14u2nvy; 28th February 2012 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Can you please post the link as to where you bought it? I want one lol. Also, in the back of the battery, does it say Near or Noar?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Motorola Pebl ---> Motorola Razr (flip) ---> Motorola Slvr ---> Samsung Blackjack ---> iPhone 2G ---> LG G2x ---> HTC Sensation --->T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> GSM Galaxy Nexus ---> AT&T Note ---> T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 ---> ?iPhone 5?

Please hit thanks if you found my post helpful/useful.

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1,578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natureboy72 View Post
Allgamer, I just bought this system.is is safe for me to leave the battery plugged in after its been charged? or is it better for the battery to be unplugged

Thanks
it is safe to leave it in, it will not continue charging after it's full

you'll notice the battery will get cold after a while, a long while after the green is lit, that is the sign that it is no longer charging, during charge it gets quite warm, when the light is red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum14u2nvy View Post
Can you please post the link as to where you bought it? I want one lol. Also, in the back of the battery, does it say Near or Noar?

sorry i do not remember which eBay guy i got it from

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to AllGamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobkoure
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I saw those 'Noar' batteries on ebay. With the picture un-enlarged, it looked like an OEM Samsung battery (which is "Near"). Thank goodness counterfeiters can't spell in English.
Actually laughed a bit when I first clicked a picture and saw "Noar" in the enlarged picture.
OTOH, maybe Samsung can't spell, either...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaz1 View Post
Looks like the OEM charger for the gs4g (T959 if I remember correctly). I've got at least one. The T-mob gs2 (T989) battery is larger and will not fit in the recess. The charger part will probably work fine if you want to take a dremel to it.

Sum14u2nvy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Its a fake battery. I mean it works but its hella ****ty. It dies really fast. And they can spell, its just that they have the Samsung Logo on it. If Samsung got a hold of a fake one, they could sue the maker under copyright infrigment. Hence why they use o because it's close to E.

Motorola Pebl ---> Motorola Razr (flip) ---> Motorola Slvr ---> Samsung Blackjack ---> iPhone 2G ---> LG G2x ---> HTC Sensation --->T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> GSM Galaxy Nexus ---> AT&T Note ---> T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 ---> ?iPhone 5?

Please hit thanks if you found my post helpful/useful.