Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Do dell sell them?
9th January 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #12  
London
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
More
Probably a con, but what the heckÖ I just purchased it. If itís not 'as stated', Iíll report the bugger.
10th January 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #13  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 15

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
could keep us posted about this, i looked at the seller's feedback and seems it is fake but wondering if that is true.
14th January 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #14  
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 168

1,119 posts
The Americans have a saying "You can't put a quart in a pint pot" and that applies to battery power as well. Don't waste your money.
14th January 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #15  
London

17 posts
More
Irritatingly, battery capacity is only shown on the battery itself and not in the deviceís battery info. So, is it really 2430mah? Donít know. But there IS a difference. The 1530mah stock battery ran out of juice alarmingly quickly Ė like falling off a cliff - when at 30-40%, yet ĎBusiness Batteryí allows heavy use (downloads, browsing, videoÖ etc) right down to single digits. So now I can use Streak much more (Iíd say several hours more of constant use) when battery level is below 50% without worrying if itís going to suddenly die on me. No gain between 100-50%, though.

I was prepared to slag this off, but from my experience itís genuinely longer-lasting, especially at low battery levels. How long the battery itself will last only time will tell.

Iím not prepared to test it against Mugenís 1800mah and spend near 30 quid (plus £18 p&p) in the process.
15th January 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #16  
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 168

1,119 posts
I've read elsewhere that the cheap Chinese batteries often don't report the available power in as many steps as a 'proper' one does, so they appear to fall slower.

I don't know how old your Dell battery is but it might not be as good as it used to be when new.
15th January 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #17  
London

17 posts
More
Yep, I had to replace the Dell battery (after about 10 months use) because over the past week it became completely unstable – dropping to 70% after 30min use, suddenly back up to 95%, and plummeting from then on. But the stock battery right from the start was always weakest when two-thirds empty, and it drained juice even on standby. Last night it was 100% or ‘fully charged’ for over 3 hours (mostly on standby and some light doc editing)… that had never happened before.

The thing is actually stamped ‘made in Japan’… aren’t Japanese products supposed to be expensive? Looks suspect, but whatever. If it becomes unstable after a month or two then sure, I’ll invest in a nice new Mugen or Dell replacement. But as of now I’m fairly content with a £13 Ecell batt.
Last edited by cloy; 15th January 2012 at 06:35 PM.
21st February 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Got one of these last week, & have put it through a few recharge cycles etc, unfortunately, it's no better than the stock battery

Oh well, it was worth a try..
14th April 2012, 02:36 PM   |  #19  
London

17 posts
More
As with all cheap batteries it has a short life - no more than 2 or 3 months before it starts to rapidly drain. As a temporary and inexpensive solution it's fine, but donít expect long-lasting quality.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread