I have been going crazy with this battery life problem. I started with stock 2.3.4 and everything was great. Then AT&T upgraded me to 2.3.6 and things were really bad. Android OS showed upwards to 80% consumption and I was getting over 6% per hour idle consumption. And my saga began:
- I downgraded to 2.3.4 and I thought everything was great, but no, it was not. Somehow it started going south again.
- So I went with SHOStock 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 and same thing
- I read all of (well, most of) Entropy's writings and ran wiresharks, BBS, CPUSpy etc and nothing really looked that off
- I went to UnNamed 1.3.2/DD 1208 as everybody said that was the one. Nope
- Went with the Hellraised European ROMs (several). Nope
- Tried about every Kernel out there. Nope
- Went back to try all those ROMs without any apps added to ensure it wasn't one of my apps. Nope, they were all horrible battery life still.
Finally I decided that the only thing that was constant in my phone was the HW. So most likley there was something physically wrong with my phone. Before going to the store to return it, I decided to Format my SDCARD. So I did and guess what... <1% drain per hour. I added all my apps from TiBu and still <1% per hour today. It has only been a few hours and last time when I reverted to 2.3.4 it worked for a while and then went back to bad, so I cannot claim that this is a fix. However, formatting my SDCARD storage definitely made a difference.
I am sharing to see if somebody can make any comments on if it makes sense. I will post again in a couple of days to let you know if the good battery life has continued or the drained returned.