Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSM has been unlocked on sprint branded Photon 4g!

Tip us?

Michael443
Old
Thanks Meter 13
it does not work, flashed it with CWM and stayed at bootloop, reflashed again and the same. i dont know if its the version of the photon , think it had sprint latest.

jonas916
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Well, somewhere along the line I flashed the sbf for a Motorola Electrify 2.3.5. At this time there is no way to unlock the bootloader. So I'm gonna try to send it to Motorola to see if they can fix it for me. Until then I'm kind of frozen up on testing this.
Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE.

Mastajeff
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Let me know if you come up with something that needs testing.. id love to help get this done as ill be leaving for att very soon

rdbunch
Old
(Last edited by rdbunch; 3rd February 2012 at 03:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
This is exciting, like really ****ing exciting (if it works)

I take it when this zip is flashed, you no longer need a subsiddy card/password for ATT/T-Mobile? OR did you never need a sub code for this phone, it was just locked....

EDIT: For any that do not have an ATT sim to test with, http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...0b2w?tabModule check here.
The Following User Says Thank You to rdbunch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sndtubes
Old
Thanks Meter 15
So is this dead now, too?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

rdbunch
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Yeah i think so :/

XDA Premium App

Rippa_MD
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The title of this thread is not quite accurate.

Perhaps a more suitable title "GSM has been unlocked on sprint branded Photon 4g! Update Has not been unlocked...WOMP WOMP"

Any news?

Neroga
Old
Thanks Meter 513
I'm a huge fan of Joker's and Turl's CM9 for the ATRIX 4G so I decided to buy a Photon. I have an active AT&T account in the US and I've noticed that when I pop my sim card into the Photon and do *#*#4636#*#* that it recognizes my number and shows AT&T but only for a few seconds. But it flickers back and forth between AT&T and no service and shows I have voicemail and I've even received a text message but couldn't reply to it. If anyone needs testing, I have both an Atrix and Photon and am willing to flash any amount of mods as I would love to use the Photon as my main phone. Shoot me a message if anyone has anything.

Sent from my CM9 MB860

Lightsword1942
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
I'm a huge fan of Joker's and Turl's CM9 for the ATRIX 4G so I decided to buy a Photon. I have an active AT&T account in the US and I've noticed that when I pop my sim card into the Photon and do *#*#4636#*#* that it recognizes my number and shows AT&T but only for a few seconds. But it flickers back and forth between AT&T and no service and shows I have voicemail and I've even received a text message but couldn't reply to it. If anyone needs testing, I have both an Atrix and Photon and am willing to flash any amount of mods as I would love to use the Photon as my main phone. Shoot me a message if anyone has anything.
Interesting, that might be a possible exploit vector if it can be scripted or something.

Neroga
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsword1942 View Post
Interesting, that might be a possible exploit vector if it can be scripted or something.
I could upload videos to youtube of it if you guys want more proof.