Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

which earphones

OP dur09

8th February 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 62

843 posts
I see Koss Portapro on-ear headphones were mentioned earlier. I just got some today--based on a recommendation I saw from supercurio (voodoo sound) in his twitter feed.

I am blown away over the great sound from these. To me, absolutely outstanding for the price ($40.77, Amazon). I have about six headphones and earbuds. None are audiophile, but I thought one of the buds and one of the on-ear were pretty good. They don't hold a candle to the Portapro!

They don't look elegant, but I couldn't care less. The sound is just super.
11th February 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 48

349 posts
A vendor told me that sporta-pro (black, foldable) feature the same speaker elements as porta-pro. Upside is they come 10 euro cheaper.
I have a pair for my pc and quite like them. I can also recommend Koss, the plug.
Daniel from Sweden
12th February 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #23  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 7

40 posts
More
I just bought Jays a-jays One + a week ago and I really enjoy them.

Sound is precise and good, the remote is simple but do what's needed (the Jays app is quite light to handle/tune the settings). Earphones are light, 5 sets of earplugs to math the smallest to the biggest ears

I also use sometimes my old Jabra Halo, which is quite good also, but when I connect it using BT, i usually have micro sound cuts for at least 3mins before everything is OK. And I hate it
13th February 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #24  
London
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Have you checked out the HTC RC-E190 flat cabled headset? It is HTC branded from Expansys and has remote controls which work well for music and calls with Desire. It is available on Amazon for £10.28 with free shipping too.
15th February 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #25  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
I'm using Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headsets. You can talk and hear music (not the same protocol). Music sounds great, talking is okay.
90% they work great, sometimes the Headset-Buttons only work after restarting my desire.
I just bought the same Headset again for 15€, it's worth that.
21st February 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I use the Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth headset and it even shows caller id and music title played in stock music app using CM7.2.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
2nd March 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #27  
Flag Vanløse
Thanks Meter: 9

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokshu

I just bought Jays a-jays One + a week ago and I really enjoy them.

Sound is precise and good, the remote is simple but do what's needed (the Jays app is quite light to handle/tune the settings). Earphones are light, 5 sets of earplugs to math the smallest to the biggest ears

I also use sometimes my old Jabra Halo, which is quite good also, but when I connect it using BT, i usually have micro sound cuts for at least 3mins before everything is OK. And I hate it

Jays ftw. Best value out there. Better than Beats by Dre in-ear series, and about 1/5th of the price.
7th March 2012, 01:18 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

i-beats by dr Dre, best sound ever heard from earphones

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but, as I have a ROM with beats, does it mean I need to use beats earphones to enable beats?
1st April 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 13

115 posts
Anything but Beats. Overpriced and worthless.
3rd April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 7

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyBedNow

Anything but Beats. Overpriced and worthless.

U think so?

I think there are better options with the same price as AKG or Koss.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread