Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

which earphones

Tip us?

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I see Koss Portapro on-ear headphones were mentioned earlier. I just got some today--based on a recommendation I saw from supercurio (voodoo sound) in his twitter feed.

I am blown away over the great sound from these. To me, absolutely outstanding for the price ($40.77, Amazon). I have about six headphones and earbuds. None are audiophile, but I thought one of the buds and one of the on-ear were pretty good. They don't hold a candle to the Portapro!

They don't look elegant, but I couldn't care less. The sound is just super.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.

tihimasmo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
A vendor told me that sporta-pro (black, foldable) feature the same speaker elements as porta-pro. Upside is they come 10 euro cheaper.
I have a pair for my pc and quite like them. I can also recommend Koss, the plug.
Daniel from Sweden

Mokshu
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just bought Jays a-jays One + a week ago and I really enjoy them.

Sound is precise and good, the remote is simple but do what's needed (the Jays app is quite light to handle/tune the settings). Earphones are light, 5 sets of earplugs to math the smallest to the biggest ears

I also use sometimes my old Jabra Halo, which is quite good also, but when I connect it using BT, i usually have micro sound cuts for at least 3mins before everything is OK. And I hate it

guruwhale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you checked out the HTC RC-E190 flat cabled headset? It is HTC branded from Expansys and has remote controls which work well for music and calls with Desire. It is available on Amazon for £10.28 with free shipping too.

mx82
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headsets. You can talk and hear music (not the same protocol). Music sounds great, talking is okay.
90% they work great, sometimes the Headset-Buttons only work after restarting my desire.
I just bought the same Headset again for 15€, it's worth that.

losdukos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use the Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth headset and it even shows caller id and music title played in stock music app using CM7.2.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

oliverfigueiredo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokshu View Post
I just bought Jays a-jays One + a week ago and I really enjoy them.

Sound is precise and good, the remote is simple but do what's needed (the Jays app is quite light to handle/tune the settings). Earphones are light, 5 sets of earplugs to math the smallest to the biggest ears

I also use sometimes my old Jabra Halo, which is quite good also, but when I connect it using BT, i usually have micro sound cuts for at least 3mins before everything is OK. And I hate it
Jays ftw. Best value out there. Better than Beats by Dre in-ear series, and about 1/5th of the price.

edstark
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon View Post
i-beats by dr Dre, best sound ever heard from earphones
sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but, as I have a ROM with beats, does it mean I need to use beats earphones to enable beats?

InMyBedNow
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Anything but Beats. Overpriced and worthless.
Sign up for DropBox! Cloud storage at its finest! We BOTH gain an extra 500MB on top of the 2GB already given! http://db.tt/FAOQ9DMQ

HTC Bravo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyBedNow View Post
Anything but Beats. Overpriced and worthless.
U think so?

I think there are better options with the same price as AKG or Koss.
Sorry about my English. If I have made any mistakes in my message, please correct me. I want to improve.