Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Audiovox 6600 Ext ROM uploaded

OP Trub

5th March 2005, 05:34 PM   |  #11  
Retired Moderator
Zürich, Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 47

2,456 posts
More
mamaich,

Please no offence but Did you check what the camera.exe reproted as version before the swap?

Based on FixCamera_18157.sa.CAB (17.11.04 Camera.exe Version 2.11, Build 18157). It seems that this file is longer and the last part of it in Hexdump shows clear text that gives me the idea that it has more functions.

Even the Camera.exe out of camaeralbum.sa.cab shows a higher date stamp. (27.10.04) than the one out of camera_Patch_10080401.sa.CAB (21.09.04 Camera.exe Version 2.21 (Build 17576).

Could it not be possible that HTC got the version number wrong (2.11 vs 2.21) but kept the build number increase?

Its a thought ?

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...RK_Patches_13x
6th March 2005, 03:22 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 214

1,150 posts
Donate to Me
There is something strange with version numbering of camera application. Someone has to test all these camera builds to find the one with the best quality and features.
6th March 2005, 11:32 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
Album 3.0 includes a nifty image editor. Or maybe I didn't noticed it on the older versions. You can play with image contrast, gamma, sharpness and others, as well as paint, fill, crop, etc. Nice

OTOH, this bundled editor is pretty big. Also the camera apps (any build) don't seem to render pictures any better. Pictures are filled with artifacts as always. I still can not believe the blueangel's camera is that bad. Looks like the raw image is compressed right out of cmos sensor and then software handled into uselesness.
7th March 2005, 12:13 AM   |  #14  
Retired Moderator
Flag Raaholt
Thanks Meter: 3

572 posts
More
I asked my father in law whats up with the ****ty quality on the BA camera.

He is the inventor of the bludy PhotoBoxes positioned all around Scandinavia.
He also has the very first Digi. cam. chip made. It's BIG, it's ENORMOUS and take real ****ty pictures *LOL*.
When he bought it many years ago, i think he said it costed around 25.000,- NKR. Thats 2.94 pieces of BA :shock:
He made a camera and tried to gather some investors, but no no no, that thing you got there, it will never go in production, no absolutly not.
Well they sure where right, werent they :? :lol:

He asked me to do some tests on MTF charts. He dont have any original MTF charts, and i werent able to download any.
So i just made a grid of horisontal and vertical lines with a 3mm distanse between them.

Problem 1)
Digi cams. record images in 2 frames.
Some manufactures only process the one frame. My guess to why; To sell it twice.
First release Nr.1 as 1Megepixel, and then release Nr.2 as 1.3 Megapixel or something like that.
Imagine you hold your hands up and put your fingers in between each other. Take away one hand away, this represent the one image.
An image that misses half the quality.

On my test on my Grid, it diddent seem that this is it.

So back to father in law.
Well then the chips are normally produced in 3 qualities.
Lets say a, b, c
the a, b, c is different in the way of there ability to filter out Static noise.
This can in some extend alsoo be done in the processing of the raw data produced by the chip, but never better than the data produced by the chip.

I just talked to him about this once, and will ask him some more.

But if there are any techies in here with some info on this, please respond.

Also, someone uploaded naked imgs. of the BA. Anyone got some details on the cam. chip??
7th March 2005, 05:12 PM   |  #15  
Retired Moderator
Zürich, Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 47

2,456 posts
More
Ok I admit I got side tracked.

I was cooking the Audiovox_6600_Ext_ROM_136110_WWE rom when I started playing.

Here is what I can work out on the subject of Camera and Album.

CAB: \Extended_ROM\EraseREG.sa.CAB
Cleans up the reg entries for camera and album

CAB: \Extended_ROM\IOTA.sa.CAB
Set up the PhoneExtendFunction\IOTA\Phone links to point to http://pda.sprintpcs.com/

This seems to be the site were you can sign up for an account if and only if you have a phone number from there network.

Further I think that this is the account that will allow you to post your pictures with the application Picturemail.cab as it has a reset mail account option.

CAB: \Extended_ROM\IOTA_6600.sa.CAB
Defines you as a HTC Device owner with a 6600 for the above site.

CAB: \Extended_ROM\getmail_sprint.CAB
This is a today plug in that then points to the sign up screen of sprintpcs there via the DESKTOP PC as the pda version is not supported you can set up your account.

CAB: \Extended_ROM\CameraAlbum.sa.CAB
Version 3.00 Build 17747
Adds Camera.exe Version 2.13 Build 17947
Which adds MPEG4 and 3gpp2 support as well as Ambience settings, Image control (contrast) and a editor.

I cant work out the statement of the lack of MMS support, as I have never used it. Can somebody explain what I am missing as in were I would see that I am missing it.

CAB: \Extended_ROM\CallerID.sa.CAB
Version 1.18.
(I had to remove it from statup)
(I had to rename a dll to get this one to install over my version 1.17).
I further had to create a short cut under windows to the IA_P_Contats.exe.
With this all done, I was able to open it once check the version number and now have yet to find a way back into it.

CAB: \Extended_ROM\PictureMail.sa.CAB
This installs the app that allows you to upload via your mail account with the option click for picture, (send icon), Send to picture mail.

If you choose this you will be sent to the web and in the background you sigh in with your account (tel number) I think that is, for us you just wait.

With all that said and done I am back to caller id 1.17
21st February 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
nice
nice info...thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread