Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 45,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Tip us?

RealTic
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones420la View Post
i used that site... mirror 1 for the gapps

wonder if i could pull the vending.apk from my fascinate and make it work right?
im running 4.0.3

I have had bad downloads a few times from mirror 1 links. Try a different download source, i bet thats your problem.
Currently running The Peoples ROM v3.14. ktoonsez kernel ~ stock CPU tweeks, undervolted.
The Following User Says Thank You to RealTic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skyjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 529
redownload, check md5's, wipe data and caches, flash CM9, flash Gapps. Problem still present?
All your questions can be answered here

SkyJedi

Zeinzu
Old
Thanks Meter 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylcricky View Post
When my friend's Moto Defy had two bars wifi signal,my epic had only one,sometimes even disconnected.We were at same place and under the same wifi network!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Different hardware is a possibility. You should test it side by side with another Epic for a more accurate test of whether wifi is indeed worse signal or more accurate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

|| Acer ||
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Alright so today I decided to do a test to see how my battery life would react.
During the morning, I played music for about an hour and 15 minutes on airplane mode, and I only lost about 10-15%.
However, just a while ago, I decided to play music NOT on airplane mode for only 17 minutes (yes, 17 lol), and my battery life went down 15%.

So what I'm wondering is, what is it about the signal that takes away an hour of battery? I'm on EH17 modem so some may argue that affects this test, but CM7 never gave me this big a different. In fact, it was roughly the same. I know the battery life on this isn't as good as CM7, and most likely never will be, but I'm curious if it's the signal that's really draining everyone's battery.

omair2005
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by || Acer || View Post
Alright so today I decided to do a test to see how my battery life would react.
During the morning, I played music for about an hour and 15 minutes on airplane mode, and I only lost about 10-15%.
However, just a while ago, I decided to play music NOT on airplane mode for only 17 minutes (yes, 17 lol), and my battery life went down 15%.

So what I'm wondering is, what is it about the signal that takes away an hour of battery? I'm on EH17 modem so some may argue that affects this test, but CM7 never gave me this big a different. In fact, it was roughly the same. I know the battery life on this isn't as good as CM7, and most likely never will be, but I'm curious if it's the signal that's really draining everyone's battery.
Download this app from market called, Network. It is by Philipp. Change to cdma auto. This setting doesn't stick so you might have to check every so often..

Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon

bigdbag
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I think I've figured out the culprit, or least a major contributing factor in my battery woes.... CHROME browser. Using it for 10 minutes drains my battery literally almost 10% on 3g. I'm not sure if this is normal, or if anyone else can duplicate a similar result using the browser.

On separate but somewhat related note, is there a bug report about the screen flickering like crazy as it loads webpages? I get this flurry of horizontal dark lines as if it's trying to adjust brightness almost.

|| Acer ||
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by omair2005 View Post
Download this app from market called, Network. It is by Philipp. Change to cdma auto. This setting doesn't stick so you might have to check every so often..

Alright. Just curious, what does that do exactly? Has this increased your battery performance?

DonToolBag
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Question that is probably * not * CM specific, but how do you all backup Swype properly to restore after flashing? I have the Swype installer, and I have a valid swype account (to redownload) after each flash, but is there an easier way to keep it as an apk to re-install?

Once again, sorry because I know this isn't CM specific. And yes, I have a VALID Swype account to download off the site. Not asking for the apk, I can extract if someone can give me a clue as to how. Thanks!

Alpha4 is running strong, and seems that it's better battery life (for me)!

Thanks to the CM team!

DTB

omair2005
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by || Acer || View Post
Alright. Just curious, what does that do exactly? Has this increased your battery performance?
Your radio will be searching less for signal.. hence better battery

Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon
The Following User Says Thank You to omair2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Frostacious
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonToolBag View Post
Question that is probably * not * CM specific, but how do you all backup Swype properly to restore after flashing? I have the Swype installer, and I have a valid swype account (to redownload) after each flash, but is there an easier way to keep it as an apk to re-install?

Once again, sorry because I know this isn't CM specific. And yes, I have a VALID Swype account to download off the site. Not asking for the apk, I can extract if someone can give me a clue as to how. Thanks!

Alpha4 is running strong, and seems that it's better battery life (for me)!

Thanks to the CM team!

DTB
I downloaded online a blacked themed swype that worked perfect in cm7 and cm9a3. it should still be available just by searching through google.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Tags
cyanogenmod, delishus ice cream sammich, epic 4g, epic4g, ice cream sandwich, ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe