[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Search This thread

fl4r3

Feb 24, 2008
London
CM7 was running really nice and smooth. Was quite surprised!

The only problem was I couldn't get any signal (GSM user in the UK). Tried all the fixes posted but didn't work....usually stuck with full 3G bars but phone force closes. Weird thing is if someone calls me the phone rings on their side rather than saying it could not connect eventhough my phone doesn't ring.

Anyone come up with a solution that works yet for GSM users?

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
CM7 was running really nice and smooth. Was quite surprised!

The only problem was I couldn't get any signal (GSM user in the UK). Tried all the fixes posted but didn't work....usually stuck with full 3G bars but phone force closes. Weird thing is if someone calls me the phone rings on their side rather than saying it could not connect eventhough my phone doesn't ring.

Anyone come up with a solution that works yet for GSM users?

Have you tried the "Settings--> More--> Mobile Networks--> Toggle Data Roaming" fix?

D3 CM9 Alpha 7

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
My question is... How can you have a ROM (not stock) and safe-strap at the same time?

Boot to your stock rom, uninstall safestrap, install CWM (Droid 3 bootstrapper), install the rom you wish to use as your safe system, uninstall CWM, reinstall safestrap and now you have a custom ROM as your safe system and can continue to update/change your non-safe. NOTE: Be sure that you only have 1 recovery installed at a time (Droid 3 bootstrapper OR safestrap), having both installed at the same time will cause issues.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2012
I have been on A7 24hrs plus now with zero FCs, no issues with 3g,wifi,lights,keyboard or anything. Very nice work Hashcode. Much improved battery for me. I can't wait for Beta. I see you are in contact with the Atrix Dev team, very cool. Your work is the only thing I can defend myself with from the ICS trash talk. If I get anything to break ill post the log... and as soon as I can ill put 20 bucks on your books.

XT862 CM9A7

The-Captain

Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2011
Hello

First, thanks Hash and whole crew for this great ROM.
I have second phone so camera is not big deal for me.
Is it possible to have 1% battery on CM9, maybe in next release?
I like it when is 1%.

Thanks

Lets not push Hashcode with more and more stuff to work on, have faith. He has been doing a great job, already and has a lot to do with all the other things he is doing.

Reactions: jjhiza

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
Lets not push Hashcode with more and more stuff to work on, have faith. He has been doing a great job, already and has a lot to do with all the other things he is doing.

I agree that people shouldn't continually request different features on this thread, however there currently is not a place for this. It might be a good idea if Hash could set up a feature request tab on his website (similar to the one on Nova Launcher). This way people have a place to request features and others can also support those requests with a vote for it and we can all see what features are the most requested and most likely to be worked on.

Side Note: Hashcode doesn't necessarily have to do this himself (he is already busy). Someone else could construct this sort of thing and let has simply add the link on his blog (With his approval and permission of course).

Last edited:

nasty007

Jan 6, 2010
Kutina
I agree that people shouldn't continually request different features on this thread, however there currently is not a place for this. It might be a good idea if Hash could set up a feature request tab on his website (similar to the one on Nova Launcher). This way people have a place to request features and others can also support those requests with a vote for it and we can all see what features are the most requested and most likely to be worked on.

Side Note: Hashcode doesn't necessarily have to do this himself (he is already busy). Someone else could construct this sort of thing and let has simply add the link on his blog (With his approval and permission of course).

I'm sorry, i did not mean to push Hashcode, i'm really appreciate his great work on this ROM.
This was just one future that would be good to have.

nicktastique

Oct 7, 2011
What is this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-02-21-17-50-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-21-17-50-36.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_2012-02-21-18-05-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-21-18-05-15.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 256

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
It is one of two foreign language keyboards that come pre installed in this build. OpenWnn.apk is the other. Unless you need to type in one of these languages (I'm guessing not) you can delete them both from system/app.

Reactions: nicktastique

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
    No Camera Video
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

More Information:

NEW! http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

GITHUB sources are now here:

https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
    droid3-ics-netstats_480.png
    I'm booting up a new build for camera testing as we speak.

It's been a long time coming just to get to this point.
    KNOWN ISSUES (as of 2012-01-12 build):
    • GSM users have reported phone still FCs quite a bit. I have a solution for this but it's a work in progress and takes a long time to do (porting Motorola World Phone code to ICS from Gingerbread). I am sorry for the hassle, but usually a wipe cache/dalvik cache will reset your connection.
    • Mute button on calls doesn't work
    • Camera doesn't work
    • Codecs which reference the /dev/ion driver don't work (including audio only for Netflix)
    • Backlighting for keyboard and capacitive keys only works with "Auto Brightness" set: see here for custom settings http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Bluetooth in general needs an overhaul. It does work to make phone calls, but that's about it.

NICE LINKS TO HAVE
    Nova Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

HANDY WORK AROUNDS:
    • For users experiencing high battery drain: goto "Settings" -> "Sounds" and uncheck "Touch sounds" and "Screen lock sound".
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who have lost 3G: enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone. Wipe cache/dalvik cache if you still don't get 3G back or have many phone FCs.
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who seem to boot up into an phone FC loop. Try removing "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app folder. Is probably only useful for DualRadio models.
    • For a Gallery replacement use "QuickPic" from the market

QUICK REFERENCE "/system/build.prop" ITEMS OF NOTE FOR NON-VZW USERS

CHANGE THIS TO 3 for GSM(PRI), 4 for CDMA and 7 for GLOBAL PHONE
    # Default network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network=7

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO DISABLE THE DUAL MODE RADIO
    # BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO FORCE A SIM SETUP ON THE LOCKSCREEN
    # BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

FOR BACKLIGHT CUSTOM SETTINGS IN CM9: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957

** AS A RULE, IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING "ODDNESS" WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE AND TRY AGAIN
    FYI: Fixed the links in the OP to account for the new home of files.rombot.org where the files are located.

Also, support for this build is mostly done as we are moving to the new KEXEC alpha. But I wanted to make sure that the links were still valid.
    Alright, sounds good. I will flash it when I get a chance. Thanks!

In this case, I took the updated files from the official soak test (906) and pushed them up so that they are used in the D3 cm/aokp builds.

Jhiza has the right of it, sometimes you'll see minor improvements here and there. Will need some input as to how much of a difference the new binaries make.

NOTE: CM9 has added back in the theme system, and I merged that into last nights build as well. And updated the CM release tools -- flashing zips now tries to keep your gapps in place. So from the 5/7 build on, if you have gapps installed and don't need to update them, then don't re-flash gapps after flashing the rom.zip. THIS IS ONLY A CHANGE FOR CM9.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Tapatalk 2