[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Search This thread

MNstan87

Jan 14, 2011
I got a problem guys. My phone died a little while ago and I plugged it in to charge. Now, ten minutes later, it still wont turn on. The white LED by the HDMI plug is lit, but Im getting nothing on the phone. What do I do??

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Press down the 'ok' and power button for ten sxeoncds. Then the enter button for five. Then wait fifteen minutes :] fixed

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Honestly its more usable then i thought we wuld ever get. Cnt wait for beta !

Last edited:

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Not sure what you mean. Simply boot into safstrap and flash the zip. Then thats it

willdo7474

Dec 8, 2008
Ok, quick question...I flashed the zip (since AOKP is based off of this build), but I'm not sure what to do with the patch file. I can't run it in Script Manager... is it just for dev purposes, or does it need to be placed somewhere?

D3 AOKP

Camera only works on this

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
I figured that might be the case, but I figured I'd give it a go, since Hash said the AOKP build is based off of the CM9 build. No big deal...I just don't feel like flashing back just to test, lol. I don't use the camera that much anyway, so I can just wait until Hash gets it up and running on his builds. Thanks for the quick responses guys. :)

D3 AOKP

AragornPE

Dec 28, 2010
Recife
Wow. Just, wow.

This ROM is great! It's fast, responsive, and light! I can notice some small lag, but I believe this comes from the lack of HW codecs, so it's ok. The camera fix is also working pretty well, just a small lag due to all the writing and reading. But very, very good for an Alpha! Can't wait for Beta!

On a side note, I tried to install AOSP Helper from Juice Defender and it just won't work. There is no downside for the ROM (ie. Bootloops or blackscreens) but it won't work. Found this funny because it used to work on every custom ROM for the M2.

M3 - XT860
Hash's ICS Alpha#7

djdmbrwsk

Aug 7, 2010
Anyone know if the camera flash works with A6? Haven't had the time to move to A7 yet, lol.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
    No Camera Video
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

More Information:

NEW! http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

GITHUB sources are now here:

https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
    droid3-ics-netstats_480.png
    I'm booting up a new build for camera testing as we speak.

It's been a long time coming just to get to this point.
    KNOWN ISSUES (as of 2012-01-12 build):
    • GSM users have reported phone still FCs quite a bit. I have a solution for this but it's a work in progress and takes a long time to do (porting Motorola World Phone code to ICS from Gingerbread). I am sorry for the hassle, but usually a wipe cache/dalvik cache will reset your connection.
    • Mute button on calls doesn't work
    • Camera doesn't work
    • Codecs which reference the /dev/ion driver don't work (including audio only for Netflix)
    • Backlighting for keyboard and capacitive keys only works with "Auto Brightness" set: see here for custom settings http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Bluetooth in general needs an overhaul. It does work to make phone calls, but that's about it.

NICE LINKS TO HAVE
    Nova Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

HANDY WORK AROUNDS:
    • For users experiencing high battery drain: goto "Settings" -> "Sounds" and uncheck "Touch sounds" and "Screen lock sound".
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who have lost 3G: enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone. Wipe cache/dalvik cache if you still don't get 3G back or have many phone FCs.
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who seem to boot up into an phone FC loop. Try removing "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app folder. Is probably only useful for DualRadio models.
    • For a Gallery replacement use "QuickPic" from the market

QUICK REFERENCE "/system/build.prop" ITEMS OF NOTE FOR NON-VZW USERS

CHANGE THIS TO 3 for GSM(PRI), 4 for CDMA and 7 for GLOBAL PHONE
    # Default network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network=7

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO DISABLE THE DUAL MODE RADIO
    # BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO FORCE A SIM SETUP ON THE LOCKSCREEN
    # BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

FOR BACKLIGHT CUSTOM SETTINGS IN CM9: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957

** AS A RULE, IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING "ODDNESS" WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE AND TRY AGAIN
    FYI: Fixed the links in the OP to account for the new home of files.rombot.org where the files are located.

Also, support for this build is mostly done as we are moving to the new KEXEC alpha. But I wanted to make sure that the links were still valid.
    Alright, sounds good. I will flash it when I get a chance. Thanks!

In this case, I took the updated files from the official soak test (906) and pushed them up so that they are used in the D3 cm/aokp builds.

Jhiza has the right of it, sometimes you'll see minor improvements here and there. Will need some input as to how much of a difference the new binaries make.

NOTE: CM9 has added back in the theme system, and I merged that into last nights build as well. And updated the CM release tools -- flashing zips now tries to keep your gapps in place. So from the 5/7 build on, if you have gapps installed and don't need to update them, then don't re-flash gapps after flashing the rom.zip. THIS IS ONLY A CHANGE FOR CM9.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Tapatalk 2