5,595,964 Members 31,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you like to see UbunTop as an upgrade for WebTop+?
Keep UbunTop separate. 47 20.00%
Make UbunTop a upgrade to WebTop+. 81 34.47%
Have UbunTop as both standalone and upgrade. 107 45.53%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

[WebTop] Tegra2 UbunTop v1.1.0 (a.k.a Mr. Creosote Edition) 6/29/12

Tip us?

dhoshman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I'm selling my lapdock 100 for $125 let me know if your interested. Just saying lol.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

twospirits
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
I haven't made my mind on a price yet on the lapdock. Have really had the time to research pricing either. My end goal is a lapdock 500 just to see what the 10/100 and card reader chipsets are. I'd then find external usb devices with the same chipsets for atrix/lapdock100 users to expand functionality.

I work as a tech in a Sprint store. Considering that it's the lowest I've ever been paid for a tech position, the drawbacks outweigh the benifits. Quitting also gives me the chance to go back to school for my degree. So don't worry, I'm not leaving Sprint as a carrier or the MoPho.
Loki,

one of the guys over at androidforums posted that he tested out the Lapdock 500 to see what the vga port actually does and he claims the following...
Quote:
It doesn't support extended screen, it just mirrors the display.
There is a button on the keyboard you press, the toggles the VGA display on/off.
One press is shows on the lapdock AND the projector,
a second press it doesn't show on the lapdock and ONLY shows on the projector,
and a 3rd press turns the projector off and only displays on the lapdock.
So if you do get a Lapdock 500, it would be sweet if somehow, someway you can get Ubtuntop to do what this iDisplay for Android does.

TS
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the Guidelines

Google plus user

cpuchip
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default thunar trash services error

I've noticed one of your issues seems to be with thunar not connecting to trash services...

I've been playing around with my Atrix and laptop dock lately.
I have not installed Ubuntop yet, but I have rooted/webtop2sd/webtopscripts_1.6 and installed xfce4 via
sudo apt-get install xfce4

I looked at the files in Ubuntop

one of them pointed to:
/osh/usr/local/bin/start-oshwt-2.sh
(I believe that's the location)
you commented out 3 lines and added two lines for xfce
I think it was xfce
looking at the file now:
ubuntop/Webtop+ v1.2 & UbunTop Upgrade/Ubuntop Upgrade/start-oshwt-2.sh

I was seeing how you got xfce to stick.

if instead of these two lines:
sfalv -i "xfdesktop"
sfalv -i "xfce4-panel"

you used this line:
sfalv -i "xfce4-session"

then it'll start everything you need for xfce to work, including trash services.

I've been running modified that way for a week with no adverse affects

cpuchip
The Following User Says Thank You to cpuchip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
It is a fix but xfce4-session has a noticeable impact on memory usage (RAM) and it's that reason why I never implemented it. If Webtop+/UbunTop users can deal with the extra memory usage, I'll see where I can offset the usage and put it in an update.

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 1st February 2012 at 05:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
So after digging through my notes and retracing my steps from SBF 154_5/ Ubuntop alpha up to current releases, I've located the UbunTop w/ 4G issue and fixed it. Here's the details.

The initial UbunTop alpha was based on 154_5 as that was the latest available. On the old 154_5 base one could flash a custom webtop and relock without issue. There was no interest on UbunTop or WebTop+ for locked phones at the time. There was interest in WT+/UT for unlocked so that's where my focus was. UT+/WT for locked devices has only received any real interest within the past couple weeks. Considering that 154_5 allowed for custom webtop flashing I simply updated the WT+/UT release but didn't double check to see if 198_6/198_7 still allowed for custom webtop flashing and relocking.

Well it turns out that not only does 198 have a stock recovery reflash script it also fails to relock if the webtop partition is replaced. You can use SystemR89's "easy signed" and change all kinds of stuff and still have the phone relock just fine. As soon as you flash WT+/UT or any other image it will fail to relock. This even includes a dd image of the stock partition or osh.smg ripped from the sbf. Thanks Moto.

The solution is a somewhat time consuming process and requires the use of webtop2sd. There is a big advantage though. As long as you have root, webtop2sd and a working webtop2sd partition, this method retains WT+/UT even after an OTA. The drawback is that it major updates require that you perform the process all over again.

I have updated the WebTop+/UbunTop w/ 4G guide on the second page. Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
updated first post
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Looks like they stole your idea: http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
On Hiatus

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3088

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan View Post
Looks like they stole your idea: http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
Still not back yet but wanted to say that I 've been aware of their project for some time now. I see it more as validation of the hard work all the webtop modders have put in. I also see the public response to Canonical's announcement as proof that we're not crazy.

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
I also see the public response to Canonical's announcement as proof that we're not crazy.
Lol....exactly.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
On Hiatus

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Still not back yet but wanted to say that I 've been aware of their project for some time now. I see it more as validation of the hard work all the webtop modders have put in. I also see the public response to Canonical's announcement as proof that we're not crazy.
and once this is released you will be using its source for your own projects right i love the idea of this new "ubuntu for android" and you have done such an amazing job with your webtop+ and ubuntop. i would hate to see you stop doing what your doing when this comes out just because of what it is. i see "ubuntu for android" as another operating system begging to be ripped apart and reworked in several android developers eyes to be something more.

idk if ive explained my self clear enough.. here are some examples.

from android we have:
MotoBlur
touchwiz
sense

and most importantly and in my opinion the most ripped apart and put back together android out there... Miui!

this is also not including the countless launchers on the market that completely effect the feel of androids interface..

what im saying is.. it would be amazing for Ubuntu for android to recieve the same kinda of love and attention as a feature for almost every future phone that comes out with an hdmi port or support for MHLhdmi.

Tags
photon, ubuntu, webtop