Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 52,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got a call from Motorola

Tip us?

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1,522

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), it wasn't an email. It was a phone call, so I really don't have a transcript of what was told to me. Of course, you can be rest assured, I'm no Melvin, so you have no worries about being Melvined!
whatever
u don't have a recording so ur lieing
lol j/k
you have put in more time then anyone else I've seen to make an effort to actually get Motorola to say or do ANYTHING. so it figures you would receive a call from someone over there.

let's just hope that it wasn't melvin who called ya Hahahaha
how freaking messed up would THAT be lol

thanks for keeping us updated on your efforts iBolski.
I guess we can pretty much officially call you our "representative" on the Motorola bootloader/ICS front. thanks again!
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!

iBolski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia View Post
whatever
I guess we can pretty much officially call you our "representative" on the Motorola bootloader/ICS front. thanks again!

Not sure if I want that title!

In any case, if/when I hear anything, I'll be sure to update everyone. For now, I guess we just hold tight and see what happens.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DAG425
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Devil's Advocate...

Very nice work bro! Being polite and yet slightly forceful will get you a very long way with large corporations. I did tech support for MSN, Kodak, and SONY and I can tell you that you WILL NOT get the best support if you are rude, forceful, abusive, and/or threatening. I understand that we can get frustrated with what we feel are broken promises. We are their customers and we do pay their salaries. But, at the same time, we must also understand that even though we feel we are many, and can really hurt them, we aren't and we cant. Their salaries will still be paid and their profit margins will be met. We can only politely demand that they answer our questions. Yes corporations break promises. Yes they screw the little guy over. Yes they make millions off us. But there are people behind those corporations. People the same as us. Bound by those same profit margins and salaries. WE MUST CONTINUE TO REACH OUT TO THEM AS PEOPLE! Not faceless money hungry machines. Enough with the hate. As hard as it is to stifle. I have been on the other side of the fence. I have been the tech and customer service rep getting cussed at for no reason and due to those experiences, I am now a MUCH more demanding consumer. The lesson I learned is this; kick, scream, cuss, bitch, moan, and whine all you want, but it will get you no where in this life as a consumer. Ask for help, be polite, just like your mother taught you and you will get more out of people.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar goes the old adage... And its an OLD adage for a reason.

iBolski, I commend you in your efforts. Thank you for taking the high road and trying a different approach!

DAG425
SCH-i545
twitter:@DAG425

"you know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you..."
Anonymous CrackFlasher

Previous Devices:

TyTn >> Dream >> iPhone 3Gs >> Droid X²>>Droid 3>>Droid X²>>Galaxy Nexus>>Galaxy S4

Tablet:

Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi - P7510>>Nexus 7

"Just a ping testing latency..."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DAG425 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iBolski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
All I can say is, I was about to give up hope and just call it a lost cause. I'm still not holding my breath, but I'll wait and hold off on that HTC Rezound. As it is, my upgrade isn't active yet, so I'd have to pay full price which is around $600. No way.

I went ahead and responded back in my support ticket, thanking them for the phone call and how I appreciated it. But, I also let them know that we as a community still expect an answer one way or the other on both issues and to not string us along and keep us in the dark.

I think I'll have a beer, or two, or three tonight...

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

theredvendetta
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), it wasn't an email. It was a phone call, so I really don't have a transcript of what was told to me. Of course, you can be rest assured, I'm no Melvin, so you have no worries about being Melvined!
Lol my bad, not sure why I assumed it was an email. I agree, it it's a good thing they talked to you via the phone; shows that maybe they aren't afraid to face your frustration, whichis always a sign of good customer service, and if we're lucky, honesty.

No worries though, I wasn't doubting you, for I have no reason to. I've seen only good things from you
Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance.

Let us all, unite!

CadenH
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Ibolski you are the hero of the day sir. I've been following your progress with this situation and I'm glad you were so determined. I vote we ressurect a statue in your honor, or maybe just donate for all your hard work.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
~Droid X2 CM9~
~Asus TF201 Blackbean~

iBolski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadenH View Post
Ibolski you are the hero of the day sir. I've been following your progress with this situation and I'm glad you were so determined. I vote we ressurect a statue in your honor, or maybe just donate for all your hard work.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
Thanks, but let's hold off on any kudos until we see if this even amounts to a hill of beans. I'm just trying to get an answer to what we all want: the status of ICS on the X2 and unlocked bootloaders.

At least now I can relax and just let it simmer for awhile and see what happens.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

trafalger888
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2 View Post
Ibolski I trust your word. You have been driving this hard for a while now and we appreciate your effort and your updates. I know you are no Melvin
+1

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci velit
If I have helped you please hit the thanks button

kenjesse
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Ibolski - just wanted to add my thanks for all your efforts effectively on our behalf. Have you given any thought to perhaps setting up, say a twitter dx2/Moto specific account, that we in the community could follow which if the numbers are there could be powerful proof to motto that there really are a number of its customers that share your feelings on this matter. Sort of an extension of the unlock social media campaign. I for one would follow you if you set up such an account.

Again thanks for your efforts!!!

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
“Life is about chasing dreams, if you’re not, it's hard to argue you're living.”
Me (years ago during a lucid moment)

Sprint Galaxy SG3
Moto DX2 (retired)

Staggo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am intrigued that they contacted you via phone.

I think they are taking the actions that Asus and HTC has been implementing seriously, especially because of the fact that HTC does have now unlockable phones on Verizon...

ICS Is probably more of an inevitability at this point, but the unlocked bootloader I am quite surprised at actually being discussed...
DROID X2- CM7.2RCO

iPad2- $600 i'll never see again.