Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] One Vibration, Bootloader - Fastboot works, ADB doesn't work, screen always OFF

OP pirlano

21st February 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Groningen, NL
Thanks Meter: 1,509

1,111 posts
Donate to Me
More
when i power on my sensation, it seems to be working, i tryed going into bootloader than fastboot and the phone it's recognized by pc, i can get info with fastboot getvar all, but screen in OFF

maybe water spill, how i know if i can repair the phone just replacing lcd and digitizer? motherboard seems to be working but i don't know if other components are damaged

is water spill, or what can be? i remember many HTC Desire and Desire HD was having some problems with black screen because of broken capacitors

sometimes backlight are flashing
Last edited by pirlano; 23rd February 2012 at 02:45 AM.
21st February 2012, 11:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 102

312 posts
More
You keep mentioning water, did you spill water on your phone? Have you tried the rice trick?
22nd February 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 448

862 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlano

when i power on my sensation, it seems to be working, i tryed going into bootloader than fastboot and the phone it's recognized by pc, i can get info with fastboot getvar all, but screen in OFF

maybe water spill, how i know if i can repair the phone just replacing lcd and digitizer? motherboard seems to be working but i don't know if other components are damaged

is water spill, or what can be? i remember many HTC Desire and Desire HD was having some problems with black screen because of broken capacitors

sometimes backlight are flashing

Is the backlight is on?? May be the lcd is faulty.

Try to boot normally. Then connect through adb. and Type " adb logcat "
It will show the running activity. You can have idea that the phone is working or not.
If the phone is working properly , then may be the LCD is faulty.

You can capture the activity lo as " adb logcat > log.txt" and post the file log.txt here.
23rd February 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Groningen, NL

1,111 posts
Donate to Me
More
phone is working but lcd doesn't show anything, just black. Backlight seems to light up when i power on the phone, than it power off quickly
speakers doesn't make noise, but i cannot unlock ring to volume up...(volume keys are working since i can go into bootloader) so touchscreen or speaker are broken too.

maybe there are some shorting, lcd crystal seems ok, touchscreen glass seems perfect

these days snowed a lot, humidity stickers are red now, my jacket was a bit wet...
battery was dead, i tryed an other one (my GF sensation's one), and now i got this problem

1 full day into rice

i tryed adb, fastboot, phone is ok
stock rom, locked, s-on

can i check something with multimeter or oscilloscope? i'm going to disassembly it next week...i don't have my tools right here

going to check logcat too
Last edited by pirlano; 23rd February 2012 at 12:30 AM.
23rd February 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Groningen, NL

1,111 posts
Donate to Me
More
mmm fastboot works only in bootloader ->fastboot usb mode
if i start phone normally, no adb, no fastboot, i tryed to hard reset phone from bootloader too, still no adb or fastboot...

and, backlight seems flash only when entering in bootloader, starting phone normally doesn't make screen flash, the phone just vibrate...

looks like a corrupted hboot?? i'm s-on, can i reflash stock RUU and hboot with s-on?
23rd February 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 448

862 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

mmm fastboot works only in bootloader ->fastboot usb mode
if i start phone normally, no adb, no fastboot, i tryed to hard reset phone from bootloader too, still no adb or fastboot...

and, backlight seems flash only when entering in bootloader, starting phone normally doesn't make screen flash, the phone just vibrate...

looks like a corrupted hboot?? i'm s-on, can i reflash stock RUU and hboot with s-on?

If you are S-ON you have only one option .i.e try to flash the official RUU. Hope you know your CID and MID and have the correct RUU.
23rd February 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 46

304 posts
More
Quote:

speakers doesn't make noise, but i cannot unlock ring to volume up...(volume keys are working since i can go into bootloader) so touchscreen or speaker are broken too.

Can't you just ring your phone up when it has booted up to see if it is actually on and plays the ringtone?
24th February 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Groningen, NL

1,111 posts
Donate to Me
More
so it's possible to flash stock RUU with s-on from hboot fastboot?
24th February 2012, 10:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Groningen, NL

1,111 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok flashed to stock rom, no problem, so i think motherboard is ok too, i can go in hboot (always with screen off), and fastboot works, but since USB Debugging is disabled by default and i can't touch this setting, i cannot check adb

i think i need to disassembly the phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread