Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One Vibration, Bootloader - Fastboot works, ADB doesn't work, screen always OFF

Tip us?

pirlano
Old
(Last edited by pirlano; 23rd February 2012 at 01:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] One Vibration, Bootloader - Fastboot works, ADB doesn't work, screen always OFF

when i power on my sensation, it seems to be working, i tryed going into bootloader than fastboot and the phone it's recognized by pc, i can get info with fastboot getvar all, but screen in OFF

maybe water spill, how i know if i can repair the phone just replacing lcd and digitizer? motherboard seems to be working but i don't know if other components are damaged

is water spill, or what can be? i remember many HTC Desire and Desire HD was having some problems with black screen because of broken capacitors

sometimes backlight are flashing

Spr33y
Old
Thanks Meter 102
You keep mentioning water, did you spill water on your phone? Have you tried the rice trick?

xdaco
Old
Thanks Meter 447

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlano View Post
when i power on my sensation, it seems to be working, i tryed going into bootloader than fastboot and the phone it's recognized by pc, i can get info with fastboot getvar all, but screen in OFF

maybe water spill, how i know if i can repair the phone just replacing lcd and digitizer? motherboard seems to be working but i don't know if other components are damaged

is water spill, or what can be? i remember many HTC Desire and Desire HD was having some problems with black screen because of broken capacitors

sometimes backlight are flashing
Is the backlight is on?? May be the lcd is faulty.

Try to boot normally. Then connect through adb. and Type " adb logcat "
It will show the running activity. You can have idea that the phone is working or not.
If the phone is working properly , then may be the LCD is faulty.

You can capture the activity lo as " adb logcat > log.txt" and post the file log.txt here.
......If my input helps you , don't forget to click thebutton at the end of the post......

...I am missing my XDA days....

1. HTC SENSATION 4G
ROM1: ARHD 7.2.0/ViperS 3.0.0

Kernel: sebastianFM V1.52
Radio: 11.76.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M
HBOOT : 1.27.1100 Revolutionary
ICS MODs:Notification Toggle 2.7

2. GALAXY NOTE-1
ROM: N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ
My WEB: www.musarraf.com
My WEB: site.musarraf.com
My BLOG: xdaco.blogspot.com

pirlano
Old
(Last edited by pirlano; 22nd February 2012 at 11:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
phone is working but lcd doesn't show anything, just black. Backlight seems to light up when i power on the phone, than it power off quickly
speakers doesn't make noise, but i cannot unlock ring to volume up...(volume keys are working since i can go into bootloader) so touchscreen or speaker are broken too.

maybe there are some shorting, lcd crystal seems ok, touchscreen glass seems perfect

these days snowed a lot, humidity stickers are red now, my jacket was a bit wet...
battery was dead, i tryed an other one (my GF sensation's one), and now i got this problem

1 full day into rice

i tryed adb, fastboot, phone is ok
stock rom, locked, s-on

can i check something with multimeter or oscilloscope? i'm going to disassembly it next week...i don't have my tools right here

going to check logcat too

pirlano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
mmm fastboot works only in bootloader ->fastboot usb mode
if i start phone normally, no adb, no fastboot, i tryed to hard reset phone from bootloader too, still no adb or fastboot...

and, backlight seems flash only when entering in bootloader, starting phone normally doesn't make screen flash, the phone just vibrate...

looks like a corrupted hboot?? i'm s-on, can i reflash stock RUU and hboot with s-on?

xdaco
Old
Thanks Meter 447

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
mmm fastboot works only in bootloader ->fastboot usb mode
if i start phone normally, no adb, no fastboot, i tryed to hard reset phone from bootloader too, still no adb or fastboot...

and, backlight seems flash only when entering in bootloader, starting phone normally doesn't make screen flash, the phone just vibrate...

looks like a corrupted hboot?? i'm s-on, can i reflash stock RUU and hboot with s-on?
If you are S-ON you have only one option .i.e try to flash the official RUU. Hope you know your CID and MID and have the correct RUU.
......If my input helps you , don't forget to click thebutton at the end of the post......

...I am missing my XDA days....

1. HTC SENSATION 4G
ROM1: ARHD 7.2.0/ViperS 3.0.0

Kernel: sebastianFM V1.52
Radio: 11.76.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M
HBOOT : 1.27.1100 Revolutionary
ICS MODs:Notification Toggle 2.7

2. GALAXY NOTE-1
ROM: N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ
My WEB: www.musarraf.com
My WEB: site.musarraf.com
My BLOG: xdaco.blogspot.com

chrisw99
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
speakers doesn't make noise, but i cannot unlock ring to volume up...(volume keys are working since i can go into bootloader) so touchscreen or speaker are broken too.
Can't you just ring your phone up when it has booted up to see if it is actually on and plays the ringtone?

pirlano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
so it's possible to flash stock RUU with s-on from hboot fastboot?

pirlano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
ok flashed to stock rom, no problem, so i think motherboard is ok too, i can go in hboot (always with screen off), and fastboot works, but since USB Debugging is disabled by default and i can't touch this setting, i cannot check adb

i think i need to disassembly the phone