Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 49,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Gingerbread Root] Pete's Motorola Root Tools

Tip us?

aknox077
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still post-root and I'm having trouble with installing ROMs. I understand how it's done but how do I know if it will work with my phone? The ROM I mentioned above looks nice but it doesn't say anywhere if it will work with .605 or if I have to switch to something else.
Is there a better ROM I should try to get my feet wet? Something that works with .605? I haven't been able to find any so far.

infazzdar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknox077 View Post
I'm still post-root and I'm having trouble with installing ROMs. I understand how it's done but how do I know if it will work with my phone? The ROM I mentioned above looks nice but it doesn't say anywhere if it will work with .605 or if I have to switch to something else.
Is there a better ROM I should try to get my feet wet? Something that works with .605? I haven't been able to find any so far.
The rom you linked is only compatible with 2.3.340.

Any rom that is compatible with 4.5.602 is also compatible with 4.5.605. These roms include MIUI, Revnumber's Unofficial CyanogenMod nightlies, Vortex, and many others.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
Droid X -- Transformer -- Galaxy Nexus
If I helped you, consider donating!
Feel free to PM me with any questions!

cpomike13
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Wink Thanx

Just wanted to say how dam easy this root tool work! it was hellofa lot easier than my old Dinc. I tried to donate but got this msg. from PayPal
"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com." fix it and I'll buy you lunch.

infazzdar
Old
(Last edited by infazzdar; 25th January 2012 at 10:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomike13 View Post
Just wanted to say how dam easy this root tool work! it was hellofa lot easier than my old Dinc. I tried to donate but got this msg. from PayPal
"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com." fix it and I'll buy you lunch.
I appreciate it! However, this program is not of my design. You can look on the developer's website (in the OP). I'm sure somewhere on there he will have a donation link.
And even if you still want to donate to me, I can fix the link =P

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

infazzdar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae480 View Post
It says I'm missing the "adb.exe" what should I do? Can you please help me
Do you have the androidsdk installed? Sometimes it conflicts with the adb provided with the download.

Redownload the root tool and unzip it directly to your desktop.

Make sure you have the provided drivers from the OP installed, and make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

infazzdar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
OP Updated

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

NWKENT
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Two Words..
Use SuperOneClick

sent by my Droid X_ICX Green..Yes..I still use this old thing from time to time..

NWKENT
Old
Thanks Meter 468
SuperOneClick..will Root the Motorola Droid X and X2..never reboots your phone..I have used it flawlessly on my three X's and my two X2's..so easy after the proper install to Windows (I use Win7 Pro)..do as instructed..and without fail..you will root the X and X2 in less than 5 minutes..need help..please ask..

sent by my Droid X_ICX Green..Yes..I still use this old thing from time to time..

wilspeak
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hello everyone i want to change my present rom (miui). Because of tethering problems I'm changing it to liquid gb on my droid x. I was told that I had to do a" clean install". Is PETES MOTOROLA ROOT TOOLS a " clean install ? Can anyone help or post directions for a droid x clean install & information about Pete's root tools. I would appreciate any advice & help. Thank you all

infazzdar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspeak View Post
Hello everyone i want to change my present rom (miui). Because of tethering problems I'm changing it to liquid gb on my droid x. I was told that I had to do a" clean install". Is PETES MOTOROLA ROOT TOOLS a " clean install ? Can anyone help or post directions for a droid x clean install & information about Pete's root tools. I would appreciate any advice & help. Thank you all
Pete's Motorola Root Tools is not related in any way to "clean installing".

But if you PM me I can help you with your rom issues and whatnot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk