5,598,233 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Add user contributed "Tips & Tricks" section?
Great idea 31 79.49%
No, bloats the thread with contribution posts 4 10.26%
What? ... Let's talk later, my bus comes. 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] SCI MIUI 2.3.23v1.0 En/De / 2.4.13 EN (17 Apr.)

Tip us?

nicolas550
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Some questions

Hello,

First my appologize for your work, you have the only one rom whitch my DHD have no bugs on camera.

But you say multi language, and french isn't in your rom why ? In other ICS it is...

I try to install some other launcher how, nova or trebuchet, but i try only, don't work ?

I install gapps without success too...

I not lucky or there are some answers to my problems?

Thx

padrequart
Old
(Last edited by padrequart; 22nd February 2012 at 09:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas550 View Post
Hello,

First my appologize for your work, you have the only one rom whitch my DHD have no bugs on camera.

But you say multi language, and french isn't in your rom why ? In other ICS it is...

I try to install some other launcher how, nova or trebuchet, but i try only, don't work ?

I install gapps without success too...

I not lucky or there are some answers to my problems?

Thx
Hi, apologize in french means s'excuser......don't mind, everybody knows you want to say thanks......You have no bugs with cam because this rom is Gingerbread.......anyway this rom is very good.
IN the second or third post there is a "how to" make a language pack.....be careful when you download the updater script, may be your pc store it as a txt file. you need to delete de txt extension to get the lang pack work.....good luck.
DHD.
ROM: Trying.....
Radio 12.68.60.29U_26.16.04.09_M
The Following User Says Thank You to padrequart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iximages
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Ok thank you so much for your help!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App

enewman17
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iximages View Post
Thank you so much for this rom! I love it!
One issue though...Ive noticed really bad data speeds...

Im on HTC Inspire w/ 12.56.60.25u_26.10.04.03_m for a radio

Is this a right match for this rom?
Pretty sure its mainly due to gingerbread... Both CM7 and MIUI 2-3mbps tops but really average 1-2 which sucks because upload is usually faster at 1.4. HTC Sense Roms especially the stock one for Inspire would yield 4-5 on average. Now on the ICS version of MIUI and LOrd's IceColdSandwhich I get 5-6+ hit 8 once.

Anyway try editing the Build.prop and change
# ace RF team request
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=3

and reboot twice.
I always change these, believe it yields best results for me.
Im also on Inspire but using radio 12.59.60.26P_26.11.04.21_M / which everything seems to be fine on all roms with this radio.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iximages
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Changed my settings and flashed that radio you posted. Did about 25 speed tests and now getting 2 to 3.5 for download and about 700 on the upload. Definitely made a difference! Thank you!
Are you liking lordmods rom? And are you using that on your inspire? Just curious.

Sent from HTC Inspire 4g proudly running SCI Miui. Using xda premium

enewman17
Old
(Last edited by enewman17; 23rd February 2012 at 01:08 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5315

DONATE TO ME
Your welcome.
I love lords rom. But I always come back to sci-miui. proxusers port of miui4 is awesome and miui4 keeps getting better. So I'm sure here in the future we'll be using (sci-miui4) ;) I would use miui4 if the volume + mod worked or if the miui team would just incorperate that like cm7 did.

Sent from the handheld device I can't put down / Inspire 4G

a user
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2033
oh i see somebody else was so kind posting his build.prop values for the mobile data issue. actually these are the ones i would recommend too in your case.

you may try to compare them with my deault ones and only change a subset of them. maybe this further increases your speed.

it is said that it is impossible to have one for all settings here. these settings depend on your local carrier and country. i obviously am using values as default ones fitting my situation :P
they should be perfect for europe at least.

anyhow, you may wanna play with the values. there is a thread on xda explaining a bit about them. you can safly experiment with them as the worst thing that could happen is that your mobile fails at all. though it can always be reverted back by editing them or reflashing the rom.

as already mentioned: changes to these values need you to reboot twice to take effect.

p.s. i'm glad you guys like my rom. as i see here are some new comers i apologise that i currently won't be able to answer as fast as in the past. i am currently in the process of changing my job. finally i have to go into the world business, away from my current university position

a user's CM 10.1 tweaks

&

SysTune
Optimize under the hood of your system!
Tuning and Settings discussion and downloads

If you want to support me you can buy my app. Cheaper than a donation

a user
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas550 View Post
sorry, but currently there is no time to keep a multilanguage pack updated regularly. there were also some issues with the needed tools in their linux version.

but if you try to make a language pack for your language for my rom and have trouble i am here to help you. though as explained above i currently am sometimes a bit slow on answering.

a user's CM 10.1 tweaks

&

SysTune
Optimize under the hood of your system!
Tuning and Settings discussion and downloads

If you want to support me you can buy my app. Cheaper than a donation

iximages
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Anewman17-seeing v4 on this would be awesome! I'm sure the day will come!

iximages
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
A user-its a pleasure to be a part of this thread! Thank you for creating a smooth as silk rom!
I came from "freshly squeezed" to this and I love it!
Just a note on those changes in the build for my data. My speed definitely increased after the changes, which was awesome. But I noticed my signal in the status bar was saying 3g. I rebooted again and even tried changing themes. Still wouldn't change. So I toggled my airplane mode and it switched back. But also my speed increased even more!! I finally have no more lag while on the net!! I'm at work which normally has very bad signal for everyone here and I'm hitting speeds of 4 to 4.5 on the download and 2.5 to 3 on the upload!!!
I'll try some variations of the values and keep you posted in case anyone else is having this issue.
Thank you again guys for your help!!!

Tags
aosp, miui, rom