FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

which version is the correct one 4.0.3. or 3.2.1

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By roach48, Member on 21st February 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I bought a brand new xoomlast week, then I found a better deal and bought that also. I am sending the new xoom back but I noticed on the new xoom that the version was 3.2.1 then I looked at the other xoom and that version was 4.0.3.
Which is the correct one.
Thanks
 
 
21st February 2012, 10:23 PM |#2  
JoTeC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntersville, NC
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach48

I bought a brand new xoomlast week, then I found a better deal and bought that also. I am sending the new xoom back but I noticed on the new xoom that the version was 3.2.1 then I looked at the other xoom and that version was 4.0.3.
Which is the correct one.
Thanks

3.2.1 was Honeycomb OS and the 4.0.3 is Ice Cream Sandwich OS. You should be able to update the 3.2.1 to ICS if it's Xoom Wifi only OTA.
21st February 2012, 11:37 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 715
 
More
The 4.0.3 is Ice Cream Sandwich--the newest Android version.
22nd February 2012, 02:38 AM |#4  
gothickah0's Avatar
Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
the REAL question is : which one do you prefer, 4G or WIFI only?
22nd February 2012, 05:14 AM |#5  
TheStickMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothickah0

the REAL question is : which one do you prefer, 4G or WIFI only?

The REAL question is: why are you assuming that 4.0.3 is only stock. EOS has 4G capabilities for example.
23rd February 2012, 12:05 AM |#6  
roach48's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStickMan

The REAL question is: why are you assuming that 4.0.3 is only stock. EOS has 4G capabilities for example.

Ok can someone explain that,not sure what you mean.Thank's
23rd February 2012, 02:46 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
If your XOOM is rooted, it can run custom roms. TeamEOS makes a custom rom for XOOM 4GLTE models that includes 4G. People prefer these custom builds due to added customization and that 4G XOOMs don't have ICS 4.0.3 yet due to Verizon taking forever to test it and thus you can get a modified version earlier. Basically, you replace the version of Android on your XOOM that is made by Google and put another developer's version on your XOOM.
23rd February 2012, 03:48 AM |#8  
gothickah0's Avatar
Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach48

Ok can someone explain that,not sure what you mean.Thank's

ok, if you're new xoom user and wanna buy xoom don't be confused by advance user, try this: do you wanna 3g/4g internet connection (access internet with postpaid internet service which use sim card), or just WifI will do.in conclusion: XOOM 3g/4g -have sim card slot but have android ver 3.2 (upgradeable later). xoom wifi only - dont have sim slot but stock with android version 4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes