5,597,198 Members 41,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lapdock HDMI

Tip us?
 
phire420
Old
(Last edited by phire420; 21st February 2012 at 09:46 PM.)
#91  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by system02 View Post
Hi, as the Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S and the upcoming Xperia S have a HDMI-Port, too: Will it be possible to use the Lapdock with some cables and the Xperia ARC S for Document editing and Webbrowsing??
Thanks
I can be certain that video and audio output would work with the appropriate adapter (the one i mentioned above will be necessary for the lapdock side) and cable for your device's output type.
USB on the other hand may or may not work. It all depends on whether your device supports acting as a USB host, in order to work with the USB HID keyboard and mouse of the lapdock.

Find out and please let us know. And remember that the USB port pushes 5V over the red usb wire!
 
Mgamerz
Old
#92  
Mgamerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 744
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phire420 View Post
I can be certain that video and audio output would work with the appropriate adapter (the one i mentioned above will be necessary for the lapdock side) and cable for your device's output type.
USB on the other hand may or may not work. It all depends on whether your device supports acting as a USB host, in order to work with the USB HID keyboard and mouse of the lapdock.

Find out and please let us know. And remember that the USB port pushes 5V over the red usb wire!
Depends on what it does over hdmi. Mirroring maybe, but something like entertainment center wont be useful for document editing

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
Click Thanks if my post helped you It's like the free version of donating

T-Mobile $30 a month Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Primary
Sprint LG Mach - Secondary
Nexus 7 (not even rooted!)

Nokia N810 (Maemo)
HP Touchpad (WebOS)
Motorola Atrix (Gingerbread) - Sold due to OEM never keeping promises
 
sirkha
Old
#93  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairsofter1138 View Post
I hate to derail this thread, but can anybody confirm what happens when you attempt to use HDMI mirroring with the lapdock? More specifically, does the lapdock retain trackpad and keyboard functionality on the Atrix, even without webtop? It would also be helpful to mention if you are on a Blurred or CM -based ROM

I kind of want to get one of these since they're so cheap, but I would much rather use the phone itself without all that webtop crap getting in my way.
I am using a CM7 based rom, and it works pretty well with the lapdock, with HDMI mirroring. The resolution is a bit crappy, but the developers are working on it, so it will probably get better.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghei View Post
I received the lapdock today, and flipped the connectors around for my Atrix 2 which was relatively easy.
Could you post some pictures with the connectors flipped around? Maybe even step by step instructions on how to do it?
 
shanghei
Old
#94  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 452
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkha View Post
I am using a CM7 based rom, and it works pretty well with the lapdock, with HDMI mirroring. The resolution is a bit crappy, but the developers are working on it, so it will probably get better.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------



Could you post some pictures with the connectors flipped around? Maybe even step by step instructions on how to do it?
Just discovered today that the Atrix 2 will not power the 4g lapdock once the battery on the lapdock dies. So lame.
Current Devices
Motorla Atrix HD Maxx
Samsung Galaxy S3


Past Phones
Motorola Razr HD GSM
HTC One X - Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Atrix 2
Motorola Atrix - Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Samsung Captivate - HTC Evo
Iphone 4 - Iphone 3gs - Iphone 3g - Iphone 2g
 
wizzard1
Old
#95  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thought I'd share this, long time lurker first time poster

I got myself a Lapdock 500, and I do plan on adding normal HDMI and USB connections for use with a SFF gaming rig, so I disassembled my unit and took these pictures- Enjoy!

Notes:
Looks like that HDMI/USB connection is a pain. The LCD and USB for the webcam share a standard connection type. There is one unused 8-pin header, maybe for another battery? There is PLENTY of room in that system for addons! Or maybe an internal 19v power pack... That's probobly going to be my goal.

hxxp://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8083/img20120329122609.jpg
hxxp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1606/img20120329122518.jpg

Also, ungh: I have not made 8 posts yet.
 
Mgamerz
Old
#96  
Mgamerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 744
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghei View Post
Just discovered today that the Atrix 2 will not power the 4g lapdock once the battery on the lapdock dies. So lame.
It would last well less than an hour... like 10 mins

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
Click Thanks if my post helped you It's like the free version of donating

T-Mobile $30 a month Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Primary
Sprint LG Mach - Secondary
Nexus 7 (not even rooted!)

Nokia N810 (Maemo)
HP Touchpad (WebOS)
Motorola Atrix (Gingerbread) - Sold due to OEM never keeping promises
 
antonymjoy
Old
(Last edited by antonymjoy; 31st March 2012 at 11:27 PM.)
#97  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2010
Hello, I bought a droid bionic lapdock on impulse from 1saleaday yesterday. I have a galaxy nexus and I understand I can use it as an hdmi monitor but I was googling around to see how I could connect the keyb/mouse and came across this:

mbed.org/users/chema/notebook/barcode-scanner-usb-hid-over-bluetooth/

If I understand correctly this can be used instead of the wt12 as well:
sparkfun.com/products/10823

Any comments on how easy/hard it would be?

Thanks
 
Mgamerz
Old
#98  
Mgamerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 744
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonymjoy View Post
Hello, I bought a droid bionic lapdock on impulse from 1saleaday yesterday. I have a galaxy nexus and I understand I can use it as an hdmi monitor but I was googling around to see how I could connect the keyb/mouse and came across this:

mbed.org/users/chema/notebook/barcode-scanner-usb-hid-over-bluetooth/

If I understand correctly this can be used instead of the wt12 as well:
sparkfun.com/products/10823

Any comments on how easy/hard it would be?

Thanks
As long as its perfect USB and needs no additional drivers then it'll be easy. Otherwise...

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
Click Thanks if my post helped you It's like the free version of donating

T-Mobile $30 a month Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Primary
Sprint LG Mach - Secondary
Nexus 7 (not even rooted!)

Nokia N810 (Maemo)
HP Touchpad (WebOS)
Motorola Atrix (Gingerbread) - Sold due to OEM never keeping promises
 
jiggytom
Old
#99  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 774
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard1 View Post
Thought I'd share this, long time lurker first time poster

I got myself a Lapdock 500, and I do plan on adding normal HDMI and USB connections for use with a SFF gaming rig, so I disassembled my unit and took these pictures- Enjoy!

Notes:
Looks like that HDMI/USB connection is a pain. The LCD and USB for the webcam share a standard connection type. There is one unused 8-pin header, maybe for another battery? There is PLENTY of room in that system for addons! Or maybe an internal 19v power pack... That's probobly going to be my goal.

hxxp://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8083/img20120329122609.jpg
hxxp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1606/img20120329122518.jpg

Also, ungh: I have not made 8 posts yet.
I got a usb ext and hdmi ext...and I am having issues with CM9 mirroring...it keeps going on/off on the lapdock and the keyboard/mouse is not working. Do you think its because of the USB extension cable I got..I don't know if its 5 pin or not.
 
jiggytom
Old
#100  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 774
Join Date: Jun 2007
Got a new USB wire, (5 wire) and I'm getting the same result. So if anyone if wondering, Lapdock 500 DOES NOT work with the Atrix 4G.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes