FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Froyo - Android 2.2 on Kaiser Anyone?

27th May 2010, 07:07 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
GTA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey great xda people!!

Just wondering if anyone is working on a Froyo ROM? Or if there is even a Froyo build to cook a ROM yet?? I sure hope so, because I was thinking of reformatting my 16gb microSD to give it like, 2 to 4gb of Ext2 space to install apps on. But with the announcement of Android 2.2 supporting apps on SD, we will have whatever size our microSD can hold right?

So does that mean we won't even need to create the Ext2 partitions anymore?
Last edited by deezy7; 27th May 2010 at 07:14 PM.

27th May 2010, 09:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
We already have apps2sd; there are huge kernel differences.

There isn't even an rom for the G1 that's usable (everything works), we always port from the G1.
28th May 2010, 01:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
GTA

More
wait, so, if we use apps2sd, does that mean we don't need to use those the Ext2 partitions + "data on sd partition" combination?
28th May 2010, 08:36 AM |#4  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robuser007

We already have apps2sd; there are huge kernel differences.

There isn't even an rom for the G1 that's usable (everything works), we always port from the G1.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/a...dream-and-mag/

it is almost there
28th May 2010, 01:59 PM |#5  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
I'm waiting for it too...
28th May 2010, 04:27 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
GTA

More
I'm so excited Phones are just too much fun
20th February 2012, 09:52 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I m in a trouble i want to install Android on my htc kaiser with wm 6.5 but failed i want to install by heret.exe method dont need to remove my wm so i tried method for 2.1 eclair ,2.2 foroyo and 2.3 gingerbread after penguin it stucks with dont mount sd card in 2.1 eclair and something like system.img failure in foroyo 2.2
I have .tgz file for both 2.3 gingerbread and foroyo for kaiser while one .tgz file is full hardware functionality i searched on net .Now plz tell me what to do to run by heret.exe file
20th February 2012, 12:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Have you try Polymod 2.1 which I ever use It works .or maybe you need to change you sd card.what I know is that some rom not compatible with HaRET. I'm using CyanogenMod 7 now ever use CyanogenMod 6 with NAND
23rd February 2012, 05:48 AM |#9  
Flag San Diego, California
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Logs would help. You will probably find a file named something like dmesg.log in the andboot folder, but I don't remember clearly. I made a mistake in my private message to you, where I said that the zImage and initrd needed to match so that the drivers would match the kernel. In fact, the drivers are not in the initrd but instead are in an androidupdate.tgz file that you should find the same place you found the kernel.
Ugh, guys, I've been away from kaiser long enough I barely remember how to do anything. I think it might not be safe for me to give advice anymore. But if you post your questions here, maybe someone will know the answer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread