Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Reinstaller - Easily reinstall apps when switching phones ect

Tip us?

dtboos
Old
(Last edited by dtboos; 10th February 2012 at 05:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Thumbs up [APP] Reinstaller - Easily reinstall apps when switching phones ect

Thanks to the developer who created this. Its kind of like AppBrain was on Android.

Log in, it pulls info from WindowsPhone.com for your app history and gives you an easy way to reinstall the ones you want. Unfortunately it doesn't automatically install them as its a limitation of api's I believe, but its a lot easier than sending them each to your phone, or going through one at a time in the market.

This will be useful until full/real backups of the phone are done into skydrive (if the rumors are true for Apollo).

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...6-fa6dcd84dda4

http://wmpoweruser.com/reinstaller-b...windows-phone/
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dtboos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

addicus
Old
(Last edited by addicus; 10th February 2012 at 09:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
I just installed it. I look forward to using this application when the time comes. Just to clarify - when I get a new phone or have to restore this information on the phone I reset - I first have to install this application? Or can I do this through my windows live and zune connection?
"Live long and prosper. If that doesn't work blow this mutha up!"
-Addicus Brown

"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less."
- General Erik Shinseki

Nokia Lumia 920 (ATT)
Rom: STOCK

dtboos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicus View Post
I just installed it. I look forward to using this application when the time comes. Just to clarify - when I get a new phone or have to restore this information on the phone I reset - I first have to install this application? Or can I do this through my windows live and zune connection?
Well, to use the application to re install your other apps you'll need to install it somehow; be it from zune, the web, or on the phone.

Once its installed it just scans your history list from windowsphone.com once you give it access, and you can select which ones (or all) that you want to install. It jumps you into each one in the market for installation, but its much quicker than going through them one at a time on the web, or searching manually through the market.

withwindows
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The app is pretty useful. Of course, it would have been much more useful if certain limits have not been there, but we should blame Microsoft for that. Written about it on my site here
Follow us
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube

anseio
Old
Thanks Meter 141
I'm excited for a 'check list' approach to installing apps. I have TONS and I constantly miss some of my paid apps when I'm reinstalling.

Thank you!!!

quailallstar
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Good stuff. Just installed this app and setting it up as I type this

I'm liking the WP more than Android's ICS so far; more simple and clean overall in my opinion. Only thing missing from my Lumia 710 is hot spot capability.
The Following User Says Thank You to quailallstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ng_ducnghia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet app, exactly what I'm looking for

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
If you take a look at other apps on iOS which helps to install apps when they go free, they come with a Inbuilt system which lets users add the apps which are installed using it. That way users can track what they have or not.

I will suggest you to create something like this or let users mark which are already installed so you can make a better filter.

jesseserna
Old
(Last edited by jesseserna; 16th February 2012 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Wink Need Help!

I installed this app on my previous rom on HD2 and ive re-flashed to this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356833 and re-intalled your app and now it cannot find any apps on my account? It found over 600 apps on previous rom! I'll try un-installing and re-installing it to see if that helps. Can anyone give me some help. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind I'm just too impatient All I had to to is restart my phone

boscharun
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice and good app. A great feature is that it allows you to select which ones you need and which ones you don't. That's good because after a reset, you always want to start with a fresh small set :)