How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[webtop] webtop2sd discussion (currently version 2.0.1)

OP Sogarth

28th December 2011, 02:27 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 354

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
has anyone gotten this to work with the OTA 5.9.901 ? I get the same fc error above.
28th December 2011, 08:13 AM   |  #72  
Flag Lake Stevens
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
Errors out for me also on rootrd/ota 5.9.901, linux swapspace works though. And that is where I believe more performance is gained. And I found I didn't have much luck running any packages well, thru synaptic anyway.

Swap space plus the weptop updates in .901 fixed the low memory errors I was constantly getting. So i'm happy with that improvement

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
28th December 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 354

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
i may have missed something - how did you get synaptic on there without webtop2sd?
29th December 2011, 06:16 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 43

233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrmulio

i may have missed something - how did you get synaptic on there without webtop2sd?

Unfortunately synaptic works to well ;9. I installed xfce gnome bunch of other stuff and filled the 999000 drive space. OOPS now synaptic won't run for me to remove things. How could someone manually remove a package to make some room? Guess I could fastboot the webtop, start over. no harm there really other than the time...

Or yeah the webtop2sd apk working would be nice. FC on 901 here too.

ok deleted all parial and downloaded synaptic files. Now it starts, under preferences/files set synaptic to delete downloaded packages after install.
Last edited by stoffelck; 29th December 2011 at 06:59 PM.
30th December 2011, 07:06 AM   |  #75  
Flag Lake Stevens
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
I meant when I had synaptic running with weptop2sd on 5.7.893.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
6th January 2012, 01:45 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Has anyone been able to run this on 5.5.893? I am also seeing the FC issue but wanted to check so I know if it was something I have done or not.
23rd February 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Has development stopped completely for this? As with 5.5.893, I get FC with 5.9.902

Is there another script or instructions for doing something similar by hand?
24th February 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 13

80 posts
this may help someone out. i was getting fc's after moving to 902. i found that if i ran titanium backup it would say my phone didnt have full root access and it would ask if titanium backup could fix the root permisions. after i would do that webtop to SD would work.

I flashed to eclips 2.1 and webtop worked fine on that.

moral of the story is to chek your root access make sure you are rooted properly.
12th March 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy webtop2sd problems
im running ecliple 2.2 on .902 and the app starts up fine but my options are greyed out and when i push run i get"valid partitions have not been seledted.aborting" im sure its something simple ive missed does anyone know what
7th April 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #80  
Flag Princeton. MA
Thanks Meter: 10

60 posts
More
Party's over??
Obviously I'm arriving to this party after everyone has left - heheh. Just checking if there is any hope of getting webtop2sd up on rooted 5.9.902? I didn't have any installation problems with 2.0.1 but I don't see any change in the webtop at this point.
After the reboot when installation completed I see the partition was created (split 16gb card into 8 webtop + 7 sd apps) partitions. And webtop2sd diagnostics reports "Currently mounted webtops: webtop mmcblk0p2".

I saw a post that seemed to indicate users need to 'move webtop to new partition' ? I am just trying to determine if I need to move apps to the new partition and/or manually boot into that to use the 'new' webtop installation. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by skay; 7th April 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread