Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Howto: Unbrick Semi-Bricked X10 (red flashing led)

Tip us?

Sib85
Old
(Last edited by Sib85; 9th February 2012 at 10:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
well, i've just got my x10 thru other forumer. initially d phone is alr somehow 'bricked' with d usual red led blinking 3 times WITH its original battery

and

what i did is buy a new battery n the symptom changed, when i pressed d power button, the phone only vibrates and just that, no boot screen or whatsoever. clearly a different symptom with the other battery.

currently i'm trying to charge both the battery and tried to reboot the phone with all the methods tried in this thread. hopefully i can solve the problem by myself before sending it to the shop.

no more warranty anymore by the way...

update : currently i'm charging the phone with the original battery and the red led keeps blinking every second but the other battery doesn't have any led blinking or whatsoever and seems not charging at all. the weird thing is the new battery that i bought is alr been tested and works damn fine with other xperia x10 model

update 2 : i've already leave the phone to charge with the new battery and currently both battery when inserted gave the same red led blinks, won't even boot up. at this point, my only assumption would be the usb charging port is somehow broken and no other choice but to send it for repairs...

i appreciate it if someone have other alternatives for me to try but fyi my comp won't even detect the phone even in SEUS (latest version)

snowcolt17
Old
Thanks Meter 3
what the hell. i have this problem. and for the life of me cant fix it.. ive held the back button for like 5 minutes.. when plugged into usb it flashes the red led.. and when i try powering it on it flashes 3 times. dunno..

i tried the tape method and after about 10 minutes the red light stops flashing...

if i knew how to take the expoxy off the micro usb port i would redo the solder on it.. but i dont think its hardware related

dubleoseven
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcolt17 View Post
what the hell. i have this problem. and for the life of me cant fix it.. ive held the back button for like 5 minutes.. when plugged into usb it flashes the red led.. and when i try powering it on it flashes 3 times. dunno..

i tried the tape method and after about 10 minutes the red light stops flashing...

if i knew how to take the expoxy off the micro usb port i would redo the solder on it.. but i dont think its hardware related
I have the same problem, neither of the fixes written in this theme helps me. But my x10 is rooted, so I can't send it to T-mobile since the guarantee is void.
Did you manage to solve the problem? I'm crazy at the moment..
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe