Post Reply

Differences Between SGH-I727 SGHI727R

OP AstroDigital

22nd February 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #1  
AstroDigital's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
504 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
I do know know most people here are American but I am looking for one thread that talks about the risk of putting a "Skyrocket ROM" in a "Galaxy S2 LTE"

1) Is it true AT&T and Rogers use the same frequencies?
2) Is it true hardware wise a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and Galaxy S2 LTE are the same?
3) General Speaking a ROM that says it is for Skyrocket change the APN and it will work with LTE? Rogers APN settings?

Many developers call their ROMs xxxxx skyrocket ROM I want to know if they need to be avoided or with a simple APN edit will they work on Canadian devices.
22nd February 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
834 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDigital

I do know know most people here are American but I am looking for one thread that talks about the risk of putting a "Skyrocket ROM" in a "Galaxy S2 LTE"

1) Is it true AT&T and Rogers use the same frequencies?
2) Is it true hardware wise a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and Galaxy S2 LTE are the same?
3) General Speaking a ROM that says it is for Skyrocket change the APN and it will work with LTE? Rogers APN settings?

Many developers call their ROMs xxxxx skyrocket ROM I want to know if they need to be avoided or with a simple APN edit will they work on Canadian devices.

The answer to all your questions is yes.

Take any ROM from this section and flash it on your I727R and it should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kr3w1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDigital

I do know know most people here are American but I am looking for one thread that talks about the risk of putting a "Skyrocket ROM" in a "Galaxy S2 LTE"

1) Is it true AT&T and Rogers use the same frequencies?
2) Is it true hardware wise a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and Galaxy S2 LTE are the same?
3) General Speaking a ROM that says it is for Skyrocket change the APN and it will work with LTE? Rogers APN settings?

Many developers call their ROMs xxxxx skyrocket ROM I want to know if they need to be avoided or with a simple APN edit will they work on Canadian devices.

1) Rogers LTE is on AWS (1700) while AT&T is on 700mhz. However, the phone supports both 700 and 1700 bands.
2) Yeah they're the same phones. Even the SGH-T989 and T989D are almost identical in hardware, except the LTE chip of course.
3) Pretty much
The Following User Says Thank You to SGS2X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2012, 01:07 PM   |  #4  
silver03wrx's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag westminster maryland
Thanks Meter: 2,688
 
3,314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGS2X

1) Rogers LTE is on AWS (1700) while AT&T is on 700mhz. However, the phone supports both 700 and 1700 bands.
2) Yeah they're the same phones. Even the SGH-T989 and T989D are almost identical in hardware, except the LTE chip of course.
3) Pretty much


Actually the t989 has the lte chip. Its just disabled by software
23rd February 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #5  
icenight89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 720
 
2,602 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
^^tru. Dev work is being done with our radio to try and enable it lol
15th March 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Porlamar
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
I've been thinking of this for a while, thanks a lot for the clarification!
15th March 2013, 11:46 PM   |  #7  
mahanddeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Re: Differences Between SGH-I727 SGHI727R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr3w1337

The answer to all your questions is yes.

Take any ROM from this section and flash it on your I727R and it should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Have you tried to flash the ODIN tar of Rogers JB into an i727 skyrocket ?
You might change your answer after doing so..
16th March 2013, 12:04 AM   |  #8  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,511
 
10,204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Re: Differences Between SGH-I727 SGHI727R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem

Have you tried to flash the ODIN tar of Rogers JB into an i727 skyrocket ?
You might change your answer after doing so..

Yea it won't work. But any of the roms in the forums here will work.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes