[q] OTG on ICS

OP R00S

23rd February 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Im looking for a way to run a camera control software for nikon DSLRs on my note. However theese apps all are tablet software for android 3+. They run just fine on the cyanogen alpha, but that rom is too far from daily use even for bleeding edge enthusiasts, like most of us here. Thus, until now I have been forced to reflash everytime i need to control the camera with the phone.

Now several ICS ROMs have emerged, but those I have tested, though stable enough, refuse to work with USB on the go devices. The notice about the OTG cable show up all right ob them all, but they do not detect anything attached to the other end of it like in gingerbread and cyanogen alpha.

Is there a way i could fix this by copying some files from the cyanogen ROM over to one of the other ROMs? If so, which files would that be?
Last edited by R00S; 23rd February 2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: lost title
23rd February 2012, 10:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 40,568

12,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's a kernel related issue. This means that we have to wait for Chainfire to get back from his vacation and tackle this problem. Or some other kernel dev.

Nothing we can do about it right now.
23rd February 2012, 01:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Ok, though i am a novice in the world of android hacking, that is not the case, at all, regarding linux kernel hacking. Setting up a cross compiling dev environment and moving a driver from one kernel source to another or compiling a module is actually less unfamiliar to me than trixing around with binaries from different beta releases. If that is the case i might be up to it. But that would only work if the source code, or at very least the kernel headers are available for the kernels used in the betas.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread