Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][RADIO]UCLA3 2.3.6 STOCK ROM(NOciq)/UCLA3 Modem/FEB 24

Tip us?

norbarb
Old
(Last edited by norbarb; 23rd February 2012 at 03:03 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_b View Post
Help a noob please.

I was able to successfully flash the modem. However, after flashing the fruit cake zip, my device is stuck at the Samsung boot screen. Can someone advise what I may be doing wrong? I flashed it using CWM.
Did you make nondroid backup? can you get back to CWM or to downlod mode?
If you have nondroid backup and you can get back to CWM just restore your backup if you have no backup try to get to download mode and return to stock. Info is here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1342348
The Following User Says Thank You to norbarb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hcyplr29
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Myself and maybe others don't understand what the fruit cake file is for. By the file size it looks like a full rom. What's the purpose if we're suppose to be on stock 2.3.5 KJ2? Sorry for the noobness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

norbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
I flash on stock and working great , get me two more bars in my home and get speed from around 8Meg to some 11-11.5 meg

freeman9911
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshepherd View Post
The one in the op not working?

The dropbox is not. The other one extremely slow

cdshepherd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcyplr29 View Post
Myself and maybe others don't understand what the fruit cake file is for. By the file size it looks like a full rom. What's the purpose if we're suppose to be on stock 2.3.5 KJ2? Sorry for the noobness.

The fruit cake basically takes the rom that's running on your phone and makes it into a CWM flashable zip. All I did was take the ota update, root it, and run the fruit cake. My intentions were to just give folks a zip to flash to see the update. Since it was failing so much. Ill clear up the thread title when I get home. And if your interested more look up rom factory in the android market.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdshepherd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

norbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshepherd View Post

EDIT: CIQ appears to have been removed
You are correct i check with so mamy ciq testing programs and nothing showng

corynat
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks to all involved for all your hard work on this. Everything went without a hitch.

killerb69
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Red face Thanks zip worked great

Just in case others can benefit - confirmed retained root after flashing modem and zip

nandroid and titanium BU in case:
STARTED ON STOCK ROOTED Skyrocket 2.3.5 AT&T (with CWM recovery)
1. wiped cache and dalvik
2.flashed modem zip
3. rebooted checked that it worked without issues
4. wiped cache /dalvik
5. flashed fruitcake zip
6. rebooted
7. all stuck - all update -still have root and all data and all

Thanks!!! modem for me made big difference in Chicago subs - used to get 3-5 mb on LTE out here and now 8-10mb with pretty solid connectivity cant wait to go into the city to see the ridiculous LTE speeds.

Galaxy Note on AT&T LTE
running ROM [ROM][MOD] [01-07-2013] ICS IMM76D UCLF6 - Stock, Rooted, Deodexed + FJ-Mod

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
running Task 13.1 slim
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killerb69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pro_b
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb View Post
Did you make nondroid backup? can you get back to CWM or to downlod mode?
If you have nondroid backup and you can get back to CWM just restore your backup if you have no backup try to get to download mode and return to stock. Info is here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1342348
I do not have a backup. I can get into CWM. I can return to stock. I did all of this to be able to flash the modem. However, it's getting stuck when I try to flash the fruitcake rom. I won't rule out me doing something wrong. I come from jailbreaking the iphone so android is a little foreign to me.

norbarb
Old
(Last edited by norbarb; 23rd February 2012 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_b View Post
I do not have a backup. I can get into CWM. I can return to stock. I did all of this to be able to flash the modem. However, it's getting stuck when I try to flash the fruitcake rom. I won't rule out me doing something wrong. I come from jailbreaking the iphone so android is a little foreign to me.
First thing you do is always make backup in CWM so you are safe if something bad happen. Yes you can return to stock and start from there.. good luck. And if you flashing custom rom make sure you fallowing ALL the steps..