HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]

OP Moon Shadow - NM

23rd February 2012, 11:10 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Post Temp Root my Droid? Wtf?
Hey, I used the oneclick method to be honest with you. I couldnt get the adb shell to work, it kept saying is not a bash or shell command. I did a lot of **** to trying to make it so, copied over these paths to the system paths somewhere, it was sorta ugly dude, I know it had to be something I was doing wrong in the ADK or SDK. Both of these I really wanna learn how to use at maximum efficiency. from what I can see, everything I need to become a dev, or basically just make an app is right here. So if you know where I learn this, like a for dummies thing, or lessons with tutorials, anything Id really appreciate it. I wanna fully utilize this. Anyway, I digress, I did the oneclick because I couldnt figure out what was wrong the other way, so I think I remember reading somewhere that my phone is only temp rooted.. is this true? if so how do I perm root it.and is the perm root, really permanent? Can I ever undo it?

If I am about to Complete the rooting of my x2 then could anyone give me a good ROM that would go with this build? Im interested in A LOT of customizations freeway andconnectivity over networks, since I walk around a lot in my offices at work, Network administration, getting stuff to or from another computer on my network, or controlling another pc is almost necessary. Im highly interested in music (I know all will do that kind of stuff, but I have a playstation 3 now and I want to use my phone as a device (either as a head set, keyboard and mouse like Droidmote Beta. Its free and you use it as a wireless mouse and keyboard for your computer it just connects vi IP Address over you LAN. OR a dvd player remote like the one you use that looks like a tv remote) AND all that I want to manage my PS3 with my phone.
23rd February 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 494

448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphXDA

Hey, I used the oneclick method to be honest with you. I couldnt get the adb shell to work, it kept saying is not a bash or shell command. I did a lot of **** to trying to make it so, copied over these paths to the system paths somewhere, it was sorta ugly dude, I know it had to be something I was doing wrong in the ADK or SDK. Both of these I really wanna learn how to use at maximum efficiency. from what I can see, everything I need to become a dev, or basically just make an app is right here. So if you know where I learn this, like a for dummies thing, or lessons with tutorials, anything Id really appreciate it. I wanna fully utilize this. Anyway, I digress, I did the oneclick because I couldnt figure out what was wrong the other way, so I think I remember reading somewhere that my phone is only temp rooted.. is this true?

The way to check is in the app drawer, look to see if you have the Superuser app. If so, tap the app and when it starts, press the menu button -> preferences. Then scroll down to "Tap to check for updates" and tap that entry. You SHOULD receive a message saying the the application Superuser is asking for root permissions (or something like that). Tap "Allow" and it should go in and update the superuser binary.

If you do not have the Superuser app, then most likely you are not rooted correctly.

Quote:

if so how do I perm root it.and is the perm root, really permanent? Can I ever undo it?

When you root you phone it is "permanent". Yes you can unroot your phone. Performing and SBF is the easiest way to do that. With an SBF flash and a full factory reset, it will put your phone back to stock, just like the day you took it out of the box. See my SBF thread (the link is in my signature).

Quote:

If I am about to Complete the rooting of my x2 then could anyone give me a good ROM that would go with this build?

I HIGHLY recommend CM7DX2 (look in the development section for the Motorola Droid X2). Follow the directions in the OP (original post) TO THE LETTER!

Quote:

Im interested in A LOT of customizations freeway andconnectivity over networks, since I walk around a lot in my offices at work, Network administration, getting stuff to or from another computer on my network, or controlling another pc is almost necessary. Im highly interested in music (I know all will do that kind of stuff, but I have a playstation 3 now and I want to use my phone as a device (either as a head set, keyboard and mouse like Droidmote Beta. Its free and you use it as a wireless mouse and keyboard for your computer it just connects vi IP Address over you LAN. OR a dvd player remote like the one you use that looks like a tv remote) AND all that I want to manage my PS3 with my phone.

I'm not sure if you can use your phone to control the PS3. Someone else will have to talk to that point. Come to http://webchat.freenode.net/ and go to the #cm7dx2 channel and I will try to help you out.

Ciao!
20th March 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #103  

10 posts
Question Rooting 2.3.5/413
Hey quick question; i am having trouble rooting 2.3.5 with the OTA update 413. Zergrush doesn't support it and it won't work. I can't find any other solutions. please help!
20th March 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #104  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,526

4,393 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatts

Hey quick question; i am having trouble rooting 2.3.5 with the OTA update 413. Zergrush doesn't support it and it won't work. I can't find any other solutions. please help!

try motofail method
if that doesn't work
u, need voodoo root keeper before you update to that build
The Following User Says Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 04:41 AM   |  #105  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 834

3,052 posts
More
Wow don't tell me they are really doing that to our phone. I am getting to hate Motorola! Motofail works on the bionic after they blocked the last root method.
20th March 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 494

448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatts

I just updated the OP. This root method is for Gingerbread 2.3.4 and below. For 2.3.5, you have to use Voodoo Root Keeper, or track down another exploit. Since I use CM7DX2, I am running 2.3.4. Ash pointed you in the right direction for rooting 2.3.5 though.

Ciao!
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon Shadow - NM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #107  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,526

4,393 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Shadow - NM

I just updated the OP. This root method is for Gingerbread 2.3.4 and below. For 2.3.5, you have to use Voodoo Root Keeper, or track down another exploit. Since I use CM7DX2, I am running 2.3.4. Ash pointed you in the right direction for rooting 2.3.5 though.

Ciao!

I use zergrush to root 2.3.5 all the time
but for build 412 of 2.3.5
apparently that was patched in the 413 update
I AM VERT CURIOUS if anyone has tried the motofail. method for build 413 tho
anyone?
20th March 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #108  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia

I use zergrush to root 2.3.5 all the time
but for build 412 of 2.3.5
apparently that was patched in the 413 update
I AM VERT CURIOUS if anyone has tried the motofail. method for build 413 tho
anyone?

Hey i tried the motofail method for build 413 and it failed oh well, i guess ill have to use the voodoo method
23rd March 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #109  
Flag Chicago

3 posts
More
This worked for me on my Droid X2 flawlessly! Now to find a quality Rom.
23rd March 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #110  
Flag Denton, TX
Thanks Meter: 42

345 posts
More
I've used both Pete's oneclick and Zergrush successfully. I'd say give the CM7DX2 rom a shot. I think its great!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
droid x2, dx2, root
Previous Thread Next Thread