Post Reply

[WIP] R800x .368 .42 .62 Service Attempt

23rd February 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #61  
nickholtus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ulft
Thanks Meter: 2,435
 
2,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
i already have it, but thanks!
23rd February 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #62  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Ok, that was exciting!! :P

Back to the topic at hand. Does anybody have the build files for .62 and .88 (not the kernel build files, the android build files)

I was tearing apart the source code, and my guess is that in the build there is a baseband mis-match, and if I can get the .62 & .88 build files, I'm going to try to compile .62 from scratch for the 800x...
23rd February 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #63  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
First off: Tried to see if /boot was mounted for FXP108. It's not.

Second, I stumbled upon this in recovery (off Doom's Kernel)

Advanced -> show log prints out
Code:
persist.sys.localevar=
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=us
persist.chargemon.active=1
persist.sys.timezone=America/Chicago
persist.radio.cdma.msgid=69
persist.radio.1xevdo_lpsec=15
persist.sys.boot.sound.volume=0
So radio is stored in the /persist partition... which is once again, locked... (nickholtus, if you suddenly pop up saying "not on mine!" I'll be your fan for life)
23rd February 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #64  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

First off: Tried to see if /boot was mounted for FXP108. It's not.

Second, I stumbled upon this in recovery (off Doom's Kernel)

Advanced -> show log prints out

Code:
persist.sys.localevar=
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=us
persist.chargemon.active=1
persist.sys.timezone=America/Chicago
persist.radio.cdma.msgid=69
persist.radio.1xevdo_lpsec=15
persist.sys.boot.sound.volume=0
So radio is stored in the /persist partition... which is once again, locked... (nickholtus, if you suddenly pop up saying "not on mine!" I'll be your fan for life)

I could be talking out my ass (Or this may be useless to even mention). But, if you can't flash the radio with fastboot, and that partition is not flashable in recovery. That's probably why fxp has gsm users flash the latest ftf for the radio. I wonder if flashtool is the answer.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium
23rd February 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #65  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antEris

I could be talking out my ass (Or this may be useless to even mention). But, if you can't flash the radio with fastboot, and that partition is not flashable in recovery. That's probably why fxp has gsm users flash the latest ftf for the radio. I wonder if flashtool is the answer.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Nope, we've tried that multiple times (myself & 216 have both tried it)
Instead, my guess lies in how 2.3.4 was compiled.
Inside /devices/htc/passion (the nexus one) there is an interesting file called board-info.txt that says
Code:
require version-baseband=5.08.00.04
methinks, somewhere in this folder is the specific make argument for that baseband. That's why I want the make files for.62 and .88.

If I can merge them, we can get an aosp build, then from there we can tweak it out to be whatever we want (i.e. SE based, moto blur, etc.)

it won't be cutting edge like cm 7 (eventually I might change sources to 2.3.7, but I only have so much space/time)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
Last edited by paxChristos; 23rd February 2012 at 05:39 AM.
23rd February 2012, 05:24 AM   |  #66  
CrimsonKnight13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Norfolk, VA, USA
Thanks Meter: 252
 
685 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
I think the lot of you needs to put your donate button up for people to contribute to you if you go all out with such projects as this one.

I need to find time to muck around with such. I mostly game (on PC) when I'm not hanging out with my wife...
23rd February 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #67  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonKnight13

I think the lot of you needs to put your donate button up for people to contribute to you if you go all out with such projects as this one.

I need to find time to muck around with such. I mostly game (on PC) when I'm not hanging out with my wife...

Pssh, this is my gateway into my career (I'm a computer science major) if I get this down pat, instant resumé builder.

I actually stopped playing ps3 games to focus on my wife and this.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
23rd February 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #68  
CrimsonKnight13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Norfolk, VA, USA
Thanks Meter: 252
 
685 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Pssh, this is my gateway into my career (I'm a computer science major) if I get this down pat, instant resumé builder.

I actually stopped playing ps3 games to focus on my wife and this.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Gaming is my stress release. I'm a tinkerer all day long being as I'm a systems administrator for the US Navy (civilian). I even mess with my phone & PC every once in a while maximize hardware & software performance.
23rd February 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #69  
216Monster's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 327
 
1,162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Nope, we've tried that multiple times (myself & 216 have both tried it)
Instead, my guess lies in how 2.3.4 was compiled.
Inside /devices/htc/passion (the nexus one) there is an interesting file called board-info.txt that says

Code:
require version-baseband=5.08.00.04
methinks, somewhere in this folder is the specific make argument for that baseband. That's why I want the make files for.62 and .88.

If I can merge them, we can get an aosp build, then from there we can tweak it out to be whatever we want (i.e. SE based, moto blur, etc.)

it won't be cutting edge like cm 7 (eventually I might change sources to 2.3.7, but I only have so much space/time)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

I been searching around for a baseband file, anything that points to it or reference it in somehow, kinda like the htc file your talking about I guess but I haven't found anything yet that outright says something for baseband.

I tried creating new .ftf files trying different combos of baseband pieces, but nothing will flash unless its 100% all r800x pieces.

Is there a way to change the baseband model inside the .sin files that make a baseband to be read for/as r800x inside them ? ( for lack of better words )

I also decompiled the telephony apk and started sifting through the smalis, but I haven't found anything that's helps or clearly tells me anything yet either.

Sent from my Droid using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to 216Monster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #70  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster

I been searching around for a baseband file, anything that points to it or reference it in somehow, kinda like the htc file your talking about I guess but I haven't found anything yet that outright says something for baseband.

I tried creating new .ftf files trying different combos of baseband pieces, but nothing will flash unless its 100% all r800x pieces.

Is there a way to change the baseband model inside the .sin files that make a baseband to be read for/as r800x inside them ? ( for lack of better words )

I also decompiled the telephony apk and started sifting through the smalis, but I haven't found anything that's helps or clearly tells me anything yet either.

Sent from my Droid using xda premium

The file was located in the android source for 2.3.3 (i'm downloading source for 2.3.4 right now, and eventually i'll get on to download cyanogenmod source.) I don't think there'll be anything that nice hidden on the phone itself.

Umm... the only way i've been able to open .sin files one of two ways:
1) is to convert to img, and i think it only works on the kernel file , and then split the kernel into a zImage (un-deconstructable) and ramdisk (cpio.gz file type)
2) using a hexeditor... and you don't want to open 400mbs of files with a hex editor... trust me (unless you're awesome at that :P )

I've tried opening up this .sin file with Izarc (windows archive utility, literally opens everything) and archive manager (linux archive utility, with all available dependencies installed) to no avail...

Maybe i'm missing something (like some obscure file manager) and more power to you if you find it.

Thanks for looking into the phone smali's, it's a bummer that they lead no where.

Pax
Last edited by paxChristos; 23rd February 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Play Android Development by ThreadRank