Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] 3G Data Bandwidth Limiter

Tip us?

ZaLiTH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default [REQ] 3G Data Bandwidth Limiter

I'm looking for something to set a Kb/s or Mb/s bandwidth limit on my HTC Desire... Similar to how NetLimiter works for Windows. There are tons of apps out there that track and/or limit the total amount of data transferred, but I haven't found any that can restrict the actual data transfer speed.

It doesn't have to be too fancy or complicated; all it needs is an option to set a system-wide bandwidth limit (like 20Kb/s for example) and it would be nice to have a way to toggle it on/off (preferably by widget or ongoing notification).

If nothing like this exists currently and somebody manages to make an app to fill to void, I'd say a donation is definitely in order.

So, does anybody know of an app that would do this? Or would someone be willing/able to write one...? I don't know nearly enough about Java to do it myself.
HTC One (M7_UL) Silver | 32GB | Unlocked | S-OFF | ElementalX 15.0 | PhilZ Touch 6.25.0 | SinLessROM GPe 8.2.0
Asus Nexus 7 LTE (2013) | 32GB | still to be rooted...
Don't trust short URLs? Check them here..

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1485

DONATE TO ME
Questions or Problems Should Not Be Posted in the Development Forum

Please Post in the Correct Forums & Read the Forum Rules

Moving to Q&A
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20
The Following User Says Thank You to lufc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZaLiTH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Thanks lufc, and my apologies.. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I saw a couple other posts of a similar type in that forum, so I thought it was the right place.
HTC One (M7_UL) Silver | 32GB | Unlocked | S-OFF | ElementalX 15.0 | PhilZ Touch 6.25.0 | SinLessROM GPe 8.2.0
Asus Nexus 7 LTE (2013) | 32GB | still to be rooted...
Don't trust short URLs? Check them here..