Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

$5.99 plan and Opera Mini...

Tip us?

Bupahs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjok View Post
I don't get it. you were paying for both plans???? you didn't call tmob for three months? Don't you think that tmob will notify their 5.99 customers that it is no longer available?
Seperate phoes seperate plans. The 5.99 is in reality just for Wap access, not for internet, so why would t-mobile notify anyone since you should not get internt on a Wap plan? The fact that we could get internet on a Wap plan was due to open proxies that are being closed. Why would I call? I got something for free and now I dont.. do you think they would say oh we are sorry you cant keep getting a service for free.. shame on us for closing the hole in our system you were exploitimg.... lol
Keith (aka Bupahs)

"Doubt whom you will, but never yourself."

joelpk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
5.99 plan works for full Internet access. I have used this all around the country - most recently in NY and Atlanta and Sacramento.

Ihave been reading that the 5.99 full Internet is gone for over a year - WRONG. It has even worked outside the US.

Yes - sometimes I can not make a connection. I usually try to stop other programs that are running - sometimes reboot. Not sure if that fixes it - but in any event in a few mins it comes back

satru
Old
Thanks Meter 18
work with low speed.

joelpk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Don't know about low speed. I have tried using with WiFi and I will be darned if Ican tell much of a difference.

satru
Old
Thanks Meter 18
the plan 5.99 is not the same that wifi, when u use wifi you are using high speed connected to router or hotspot, the plan 5.99 you are using wap internet connection, less speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpk View Post
Don't know about low speed. I have tried using with WiFi and I will be darned if Ican tell much of a difference.

timothyjok
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bupahs View Post
Seperate phoes seperate plans. The 5.99 is in reality just for Wap access, not for internet, so why would t-mobile notify anyone since you should not get internt on a Wap plan? The fact that we could get internet on a Wap plan was due to open proxies that are being closed. Why would I call? I got something for free and now I dont.. do you think they would say oh we are sorry you cant keep getting a service for free.. shame on us for closing the hole in our system you were exploitimg.... lol
Totally misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that the 5.99 plan was done and not just the hack. I still have the hack working for me. I understand that 3G is much faster then edge. If that is so I don't mind paying the extra 14.00 for it.
"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"