5,815,061 Members 37,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At&t Note / T-mobile 3g/4g fix Found- pledged donors step up[$455 Paid, $235 Left]

Tip us?

davidrileysr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'll report back soon.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

OK I reentered the first line of the ADB command with same read only response so I did ADB remount and got 'remount successful', but when I ran the command again I got the same response 'failed to copy.... 'File system is read only'. My device is being recognized. I'm open for suggestons. Please don't steer me wrong I want to be able to use this thing. Thanks

yalkowni
Old
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
A temporary fix for this is go to root explorer and mount system as r/w

Sent from my SGH-T989

MSigler
Old
(Last edited by MSigler; 24th February 2012 at 03:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrileysr View Post
I'll report back soon.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

OK I reentered the first line of the ADB command with same read only response so I did ADB remount and got 'remount successful', but when I ran the command again I got the same response 'failed to copy.... 'File system is read only'. My device is being recognized. I'm open for suggestons. Please don't steer me wrong I want to be able to use this thing. Thanks
Try:

Code:
adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /
Might have to install busybox, but I assume the root kernel installs it automatically.

Edit - And if it doesn't work, it just won't do anything, it won't hurt your phone.
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 LTE
Toshiba Thrive

davidrileysr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSigler View Post
Try:

Code:
adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /
Might have to install busybox, but I assume the root kernel installs it automatically.

Edit - And if it doesn't work, it just won't do anything, it won't hurt your phone.
ok, it accepted all commands. Now do I need to type in sopmething before I exit ADB. I am leaving the command prompt open in case I do. Thanks

MSigler
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrileysr View Post
ok, it accepted all commands. Now do I need to type in sopmething before I exit ADB. I am leaving the command prompt open in case I do. Thanks
If you typed in all the commands he listed and got no errors you should be done.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I would do "ADB reboot" to reboot and then give it a try.
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 LTE
Toshiba Thrive

kc720
Old
(Last edited by kc720; 24th February 2012 at 04:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70
i dd'd the modem. it gave me no signal... circle with line thru it...
i got no errors.. i pushed the bin files to sd card and dd'd them from root shell. all successful but no signal....

commands i used:
adb push mdm.bin /sdcard/
adb push amss.bin /sdcard/

adb shell

dd if=/sdcard/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
dd if=/sdcard/amss.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

MSigler
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc720 View Post
i dd'd the modem. it gave me no signal... circle with line thru it...
i got no errors.. i pushed the bin files to sd card and dd'd them from root shell. all successful but no signal....
Did you unlock as well?
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 LTE
Toshiba Thrive
The Following User Says Thank You to MSigler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kc720
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Did you unlock as well?
i used nspro and used i727 model to unlock... showed successful. i did not get a change to test with a live tmo sim tho... i will do that and report back had a non live simple mobile sim in at the time.. when going to network selection it showed tmobile as an option when doing manual selection. again, i will test with live sim (tmo)

MSigler
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc720 View Post
i used nspro and used i727 model to unlock... showed successful. i did not get a change to test with a live tmo sim tho... i will do that and report back
Yeah, that's the only thing i can think of.
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 LTE
Toshiba Thrive

davidrileysr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
If you typed in all the commands he listed and got no errors you should be done.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I would do "ADB reboot" to reboot and then give it a try.
okay ADB was successful, however my phone was acting up and kept rebooting. I reflashed the at&t modem with Odin. I flashed the t mobile modem again through ADB successfully with the same results. I reflashed the at&t modem again through Odin. then I tried the method that kc720 used in post #15 with the same results. Now I'm back on the default at&t modem again. I am using an active t mobile sim card. If I can get the t mobile modem to stick I can then dial *#2263# and attempt to use the wcdma 1700 band that does show up with my t mobile sim card though when I try to use it with the at&t modem I just get the circle with the line through it where my bars should be. Hope this helps. I really want the 1700 frequency to work and ready to try something else

Sent rom my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe