Thread Closed

At&t Note / T-mobile 3g/4g fix Found- pledged donors step up[$455 Paid, $235 Left]

24th February 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
I'll report back soon.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

OK I reentered the first line of the ADB command with same read only response so I did ADB remount and got 'remount successful', but when I ran the command again I got the same response 'failed to copy.... 'File system is read only'. My device is being recognized. I'm open for suggestons. Please don't steer me wrong I want to be able to use this thing. Thanks
24th February 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #12  
LA JOLLA
Thanks Meter: 551

5,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
A temporary fix for this is go to root explorer and mount system as r/w

Sent from my SGH-T989
24th February 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #13  
Memphis
Thanks Meter: 53

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrileysr

I'll report back soon.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

OK I reentered the first line of the ADB command with same read only response so I did ADB remount and got 'remount successful', but when I ran the command again I got the same response 'failed to copy.... 'File system is read only'. My device is being recognized. I'm open for suggestons. Please don't steer me wrong I want to be able to use this thing. Thanks

Try:

Code:
adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /
Might have to install busybox, but I assume the root kernel installs it automatically.

Edit - And if it doesn't work, it just won't do anything, it won't hurt your phone.
Last edited by MSigler; 24th February 2012 at 03:34 AM.
24th February 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #14  

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSigler

Try:

Code:
adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /
Might have to install busybox, but I assume the root kernel installs it automatically.

Edit - And if it doesn't work, it just won't do anything, it won't hurt your phone.

ok, it accepted all commands. Now do I need to type in sopmething before I exit ADB. I am leaving the command prompt open in case I do. Thanks
24th February 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #15  
Memphis

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrileysr

ok, it accepted all commands. Now do I need to type in sopmething before I exit ADB. I am leaving the command prompt open in case I do. Thanks

If you typed in all the commands he listed and got no errors you should be done.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I would do "ADB reboot" to reboot and then give it a try.
24th February 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #16  
denver, co
Thanks Meter: 70

915 posts
More
i dd'd the modem. it gave me no signal... circle with line thru it...
i got no errors.. i pushed the bin files to sd card and dd'd them from root shell. all successful but no signal....

commands i used:
adb push mdm.bin /sdcard/
adb push amss.bin /sdcard/

adb shell

dd if=/sdcard/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
dd if=/sdcard/amss.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
Last edited by kc720; 24th February 2012 at 04:00 AM.
24th February 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #17  
Memphis

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc720

i dd'd the modem. it gave me no signal... circle with line thru it...
i got no errors.. i pushed the bin files to sd card and dd'd them from root shell. all successful but no signal....

Did you unlock as well?
The Following User Says Thank You to MSigler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #18  
denver, co
Thanks Meter: 70

915 posts
More
Quote:

Did you unlock as well?

i used nspro and used i727 model to unlock... showed successful. i did not get a change to test with a live tmo sim tho... i will do that and report back had a non live simple mobile sim in at the time.. when going to network selection it showed tmobile as an option when doing manual selection. again, i will test with live sim (tmo)
24th February 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #19  
Memphis

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc720

i used nspro and used i727 model to unlock... showed successful. i did not get a change to test with a live tmo sim tho... i will do that and report back

Yeah, that's the only thing i can think of.
24th February 2012, 05:20 AM   |  #20  

17 posts
Quote:

If you typed in all the commands he listed and got no errors you should be done.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I would do "ADB reboot" to reboot and then give it a try.

okay ADB was successful, however my phone was acting up and kept rebooting. I reflashed the at&t modem with Odin. I flashed the t mobile modem again through ADB successfully with the same results. I reflashed the at&t modem again through Odin. then I tried the method that kc720 used in post #15 with the same results. Now I'm back on the default at&t modem again. I am using an active t mobile sim card. If I can get the t mobile modem to stick I can then dial *#2263# and attempt to use the wcdma 1700 band that does show up with my t mobile sim card though when I try to use it with the at&t modem I just get the circle with the line through it where my bars should be. Hope this helps. I really want the 1700 frequency to work and ready to try something else

Sent rom my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy Note I717 General by ThreadRank