Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WIND data/mms doesn't work on any 2.3 rom

Tip us?

plumcakk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] WIND data/mms doesn't work on any 2.3 rom

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my milestone xt720. I can't get any gingerbread based ROM to work with 3g/MMS correctly. I've tried fjfalcon's CM7, J.Y.Daddy's CM7, HONO, Ice&Fire... I can't get any connections trying to send MMS. Yet, when I use CM6, Bravo or even MIUIv4, my mms is working.
I've tried applying Wind baseband, tried flashing brightpoint and UK sbfs incase that was the issue to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

plumcakk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Any WIND xt720 users have anything similar? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...
And even when I'm on CM6, the MMS/Data only works if I flick data on and off. Otherwise, my mms will just sit in messaging (with no notification!) with a link to download.

any help is greatly appreciated!

molohov
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Hey there. First things first: what are your steps to set up the ROM? Do you always flash, factory reset? Or do you flash the SBF?

Did you also set up your APN settings after flashing an SBF? More information would be good

plumcakk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I usually restore to a nandroid of the stock WIND config, then boot into OR, apply updates then factory reset/ clear cache. However, I was afraid that was the problem, so I tried flashing both the UK SBF and Brightpoint SBF with fjfalcon's CM7.2 and neither have worked either.

My APNs remain after I flash, for some reason. I've tried re-entering them too.

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,578

DONATE TO ME
you need to set the APN first
else it's not going to work

what is currently shown on your APN list?

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3

plumcakk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post
you need to set the APN first
else it's not going to work

what is currently shown on your APN list?
WIND CA and WIND CA MMS. All the settings should be correct, since they work when I use them on CM6.3.6 rom.

I'm so confused

molohov
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcakk View Post
WIND CA and WIND CA MMS. All the settings should be correct, since they work when I use them on CM6.3.6 rom.

I'm so confused
So, just to clarify: this issue is more related to you sending/receiving MMS rather than related to 3G data at all?

I only use CM6, and I have the same issues with receiving MMS. The fact that there is a quick workaround (as you have described, turning data on and off) means that I don't really consider this a problem. Sending MMS works fine for me: you can see the quick 3G turning off and on again when it sends successfully.

I don't really have enough experience with CM7 roms to say anything, maybe others could chime in here?

plumcakk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by molohov View Post
So, just to clarify: this issue is more related to you sending/receiving MMS rather than related to 3G data at all?

I only use CM6, and I have the same issues with receiving MMS. The fact that there is a quick workaround (as you have described, turning data on and off) means that I don't really consider this a problem. Sending MMS works fine for me: you can see the quick 3G turning off and on again when it sends successfully.

I don't really have enough experience with CM7 roms to say anything, maybe others could chime in here?
Well, I guess, but in those instances where I can't send MMS, I can't get a data signal either. To be honest, I'd be fine with this on&off mms thing if the camera on CM6.3.6 was more stable... the reason why I want to switch up to CM7 is 'cause the camera was more stable for me.

Could anyone would has gotten CM7 to work on Wind with 3G chime in?

Thanks!

plumcakk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default update

I just tried flashing ChronosX and as expected, MMS and data don't work. This was a fresh install from SBF and the APNs was checked to be correct.

Does anyone else experience this?

molohov
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I just flashed brianlili's CronosX RC2 and I was able to send an MMS no problem. The 3G went off and on like it usually does. Also got one of my friends to send an MMS (he's on Fido), and with the same behavior I got his MMS too.