Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] WIND data/mms doesn't work on any 2.3 rom

OP plumcakk

4th February 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
More
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my milestone xt720. I can't get any gingerbread based ROM to work with 3g/MMS correctly. I've tried fjfalcon's CM7, J.Y.Daddy's CM7, HONO, Ice&Fire... I can't get any connections trying to send MMS. Yet, when I use CM6, Bravo or even MIUIv4, my mms is working.
I've tried applying Wind baseband, tried flashing brightpoint and UK sbfs incase that was the issue to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
11th February 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

32 posts
More
Any WIND xt720 users have anything similar? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...
And even when I'm on CM6, the MMS/Data only works if I flick data on and off. Otherwise, my mms will just sit in messaging (with no notification!) with a link to download.

any help is greatly appreciated!
16th February 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 117

90 posts
More
Hey there. First things first: what are your steps to set up the ROM? Do you always flash, factory reset? Or do you flash the SBF?

Did you also set up your APN settings after flashing an SBF? More information would be good
17th February 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

32 posts
More
I usually restore to a nandroid of the stock WIND config, then boot into OR, apply updates then factory reset/ clear cache. However, I was afraid that was the problem, so I tried flashing both the UK SBF and Brightpoint SBF with fjfalcon's CM7.2 and neither have worked either.

My APNs remain after I flash, for some reason. I've tried re-entering them too.
22nd February 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,579

11,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
you need to set the APN first
else it's not going to work

what is currently shown on your APN list?
23rd February 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer

you need to set the APN first
else it's not going to work

what is currently shown on your APN list?

WIND CA and WIND CA MMS. All the settings should be correct, since they work when I use them on CM6.3.6 rom.

I'm so confused
24th February 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #7  
Toronto, Canada

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcakk

WIND CA and WIND CA MMS. All the settings should be correct, since they work when I use them on CM6.3.6 rom.

I'm so confused

So, just to clarify: this issue is more related to you sending/receiving MMS rather than related to 3G data at all?

I only use CM6, and I have the same issues with receiving MMS. The fact that there is a quick workaround (as you have described, turning data on and off) means that I don't really consider this a problem. Sending MMS works fine for me: you can see the quick 3G turning off and on again when it sends successfully.

I don't really have enough experience with CM7 roms to say anything, maybe others could chime in here?
6th March 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by molohov

So, just to clarify: this issue is more related to you sending/receiving MMS rather than related to 3G data at all?

I only use CM6, and I have the same issues with receiving MMS. The fact that there is a quick workaround (as you have described, turning data on and off) means that I don't really consider this a problem. Sending MMS works fine for me: you can see the quick 3G turning off and on again when it sends successfully.

I don't really have enough experience with CM7 roms to say anything, maybe others could chime in here?

Well, I guess, but in those instances where I can't send MMS, I can't get a data signal either. To be honest, I'd be fine with this on&off mms thing if the camera on CM6.3.6 was more stable... the reason why I want to switch up to CM7 is 'cause the camera was more stable for me.

Could anyone would has gotten CM7 to work on Wind with 3G chime in?

Thanks!
28th March 2012, 01:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

32 posts
More
update
I just tried flashing ChronosX and as expected, MMS and data don't work. This was a fresh install from SBF and the APNs was checked to be correct.

Does anyone else experience this?
28th March 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #10  
Toronto, Canada

90 posts
More
I just flashed brianlili's CronosX RC2 and I was able to send an MMS no problem. The 3G went off and on like it usually does. Also got one of my friends to send an MMS (he's on Fido), and with the same behavior I got his MMS too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread