[APP TESTERS] Tablet CPU Usage Monitor V2.0 (Quad Core Support) Released!

Search This thread

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
Edited; my bad too late guess u got all the testers u needed

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Last edited:

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Well, I guess 4 testers is fine and all... But if you want to give me a good free CPU monitor to play around with I won't deny it!

I'm rooted and serial's in the sig, even if you don't need more testers I look forward to your app!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Sep 11, 2011
I have a rooted prime if you need an additional tester.

---
Asus Transformer Prime (64GB)
Tablet Status: Rooted
Android Version: Stock ROM (4.0.3)
Kernel: 2.6.39.4-00003-g2108187
Build: 9.4.2.15-20120221

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Forced Close almost directly when starting the app. Free Version.
Sent crash rapport with the Android popup that shows after crash.

edit: Did now see that the Free Version haven't been updated, Only the paid that is 2.0.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

otgwindow

Mar 6, 2011
Does not work on my tablet fc.Asus prime rooted virtuis v.15.Just to let you know hope you can fix like idea!!

ffroms

Mar 8, 2009
Zadar
Only payed version is 2.0 . Free version is still 1.0.5 so that could be problem with FC.
I would love to buy it (after testing with 2.0 free version) but not available in my country (Croatia). Can you fix that?

optic76

Jul 4, 2010
Austin
Hello All,

I just uploaded version 2.0.1 which contains fixes for reported force closes and also updates to the stop/start buttons.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks!

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
And here's the thread! Lol, I've got too many subscriptions... Need to weed these things out.

Anyway, bought it and have used it in every circumstance I could think of:

Checked if SetCPU was working right, as it didn't seem to be. It's still going above my set threshold from time to time, but for the most part stays within its set boundaries. I'm guessing occasional conflict with some ASUS stuff?

Ran Antutu, Quadrant, and a few games and kept an eye on my cores and clock speeds.

Anyway, it's fantastic! Nice and simple, notifications are easy on the eye and smooth, and the app is just the same with plenty of information.

It itself takes up more CPU than many of my apps, but that's expected with the refresh rate so short, it's constantly updating.

At the very top are system_server(?), System UI (I understand this one), top(?), and ironically SetCPU(also understand this one).

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Version 2.0.1
root with vipermod

Can't get the icons that should appear on the status bar. Do I have to do something special?

Have set them to YES and choice the Statusbar icon

Last edited:

optic76

Jul 4, 2010
Austin
Hi,
Sorry for the problem. Can you check settings - applications and see if the service is running. Also, try changing the update time at the bottom of the configuration tab to fast.

Can't get the icons that should appear on the status bar. Do I have to do something special?

Have set them to YES and choice the Statusbar icon

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Hi,
Sorry for the problem. Can you check settings - applications and see if the service is running. Also, try changing the update time at the bottom of the configuration tab to fast.

doesn't show under settings - applications - running
no effect when changing update time.

Should this app show in superuser? For me it's not listed when open superuser.

When I choose to have the icons I get the msg SUCCESS: icon set.. but no icon shows up.

Last edited:

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
It itself takes up more CPU than many of my apps, but that's expected with the refresh rate so short, it's constantly updating.

This is what concerns me the most about apps like this. I wonder if it steals processing power from the system or apps as it is constantly trying to take data, poll the system and calculate. As well, I wonder about battery life effects?

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

doesn't show under settings - applications - running
no effect when changing update time.

Should this app show in superuser? For me it's not listed when open superuser.

When I choose to have the icons I get the msg SUCCESS: icon set.. but no icon shows up.

Are you using a modded theme that messed with the systemui maybe?

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
This is what concerns me the most about apps like this. I wonder if it steals processing power from the system or apps as it is constantly trying to take data, poll the system and calculate. As well, I wonder about battery life effects?

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Are you using a modded theme that messed with the systemui maybe?

No.
Running the latest stock firmware.
Root and OC is the only mods.

Real strange i cant get the icons to show. The app seems to work, it shows cpu stats and memory but cant get the icons that is the nice thing with this app.

ffroms

Mar 8, 2009
Zadar
Just bought this great app and have same issue. When I set it to On to show icon in status bar and change screen to view CPU usage and back to control it set back to Off.
I have latest .15 OTA and rooted.

EDIT: I found how to make it work. When I changed "Language & input" to English (United States) it started to show in status bar. After that I changed back to my language (Croatian) and turned OFF than ON it didn't show like before. Can you fix that for other languages optic76?

Last edited:
Reactions: optic76

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS

Yes it does. It helped lower my AnTuTu score just a wee bit :D

But battery-life? I'd imagine it's marginally affected, but not really.

With the app my system is still at 204/370 MHZ more than all other states (other than Deep Sleep). I didn't install the app until yesterday, but I'm currently on day 3 with dock+keyboard off the charger on .15 and don't see any signs of greater drain or anything today.

I also lengthened the refresh rate a bit once I was done playing with it last night: data stays relevant enough for my tastes and its CPU consumption only moved up like 1% through the night.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploaded build 2.0.3

And add some info to the slider for update time so it's easier to know how often its refresh.

Added time info

Also, I've noticed that frequency shown in app are wrong.
    It shows like 24MHz, 12MHz and 64MHz when it should be like 240MHz, 120MHZ and 640MHz.
    Actually, only correct value is 475MHz and everything else below 1.0GHz (that shows as 1.0MHz) shows wrong numbers.
    Almost fixed. Now show correct GHz but not in correct format. Shows Ghz & Mhz in the current build. Next update will fix this to MHz & GHz.

Thanks!
    Hello All,

I am looking for a few Testers to help me out testing version 2.0 of my App. In return for helping out testing. I will give you a fee version of my App.

Devices I am looking to test on
    2 Stock Primes
    Currently have 2 Testers; if more are needed you will be notified. Thank everyone who was interested.

2 Rooted Primes
    Currently have 2 Testers; if more are needed you will be notified. Thank everyone who was interested.

Thanks!

Released on Android Market 3-1-12

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1155896

Screenshot
    tabletcpuusagemonitor_v2.jpg
    Just bought this great app and have same issue. When I set it to On to show icon in status bar and change screen to view CPU usage and back to control it set back to Off.
    I have latest .15 OTA and rooted.

EDIT: I found how to make it work. When I changed "Language & input" to English (United States) it started to show in status bar. After that I changed back to my language (Croatian) and turned OFF than ON it didn't show like before. Can you fix that for other languages optic76?
    No problem on the updates. Thank you all for the feedback!!!

Checkout build 2.0.4. Pretty sure that will take care of this problem.

Thanks for the fast updates :)

Is it right that the minimum CPU frequency is 12Mhz though? I have seen it report the running frequency as 24Mhz? Surely more likely 240Mhz or it would be very slow?
    In the near future I will be working on the icon set again. Cannot commit to anything but I will see how much work your request would be.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Ah, I was expecting to see one icon with all 4 cores displayed (independantly). This is just one icon with like a summary...

I like to see all 4 cores displayed but don't need all that space taken up by it. Is it possible to put all info in one icon? (One icon with 4 bars of little less then 1/4th the width of the current one).

Sticks on a reboot now indeed btw :)