Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] What to do if you get the UPDATE Notification (OTA) while rooted.

Tip us?

PoorCollegeGuy
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 364

DONATE TO ME
Hello

Just dropping by to say hello and that this thread has been featured on the XDA Portal
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...g-galaxy-s-ii/

If there were only a version of this that worked on the Epic 4g Touch (Sprint version of SGS II), we're having a problem with that right now.

ThC23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 480

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeGuy View Post
Hello

Just dropping by to say hello and that this thread has been featured on the XDA Portal
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...g-galaxy-s-ii/

If there were only a version of this that worked on the Epic 4g Touch (Sprint version of SGS II), we're having a problem with that right now.
I noticed, thanks!

Powered by the SGSII....

mknewman
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Titanium is free, and does everything you will need. The donate version is very inexpensive too.
The Following User Says Thank You to mknewman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Titanium backup is great! And the pro version that does all the restoring in one go!

kenkligmann
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Which one do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnn View Post
Bloat Freezer is definitely not an app to use for freezing the Device management app anymore. An earlier forum post pointed out that it's been pulled from the market, and as this article cites, with good reason. Alternatives suggested are SystemCleanup, NoBloat, and as the OP pointed out, Titanium Backup.

Good Luck..
jasnn,

Thank you for the heads up. I read that article and seems like this Trey guy is a bit shady. Which one do you use jasnn? I plan on buy Titanium backup in the near future before I start loading custom roms, but I am looking to leave the stock rom for now and just get rid most the t-mobile preinstalled stuff. In all fairness I was pretty impressed with the dnla app allshare and also Kies Air but there was just sooo much preloaded junk.

Ken

hiz99
Old
Thanks Meter 44
thank you so much! it helped alot!

nwpressd
Old
Thanks Meter 6
thanks for this

DallasTechExec
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You

Thank you - I am a noob - not only am I learning how to's of T989 but how to let contributors know - again thanks

StifflerServices
Old
Thanks Meter 7
? i have the sprint GS2 and I tried lookin up the device management in TB like you said top freeze the ota update push but i didnt see it. I am on 2.3.6 stock rooted Gengerbread Eko2 : and all i have in that area is
DRM content 2.3.6
DRM content launcher 1.0
DRM Protected Content Storage 2.3.6
could anyone of these be what i need to freeze?

Also:
In Es file Explorer i did see a file close to what you said to look for to delete but it was WSSYNCMLNPS.APK instead. is this the one for my fone?

thanks for your help - hate the ota push been trying to figure out how to get rid of it cause i dont want to update.

let me know

ThC23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 480

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by StifflerServices View Post
? i have the sprint GS2 and I tried lookin up the device management in TB like you said top freeze the ota update push but i didnt see it. I am on 2.3.6 stock rooted Gengerbread Eko2 : and all i have in that area is
DRM content 2.3.6
DRM content launcher 1.0
DRM Protected Content Storage 2.3.6
could anyone of these be what i need to freeze?

Also:
In Es file Explorer i did see a file close to what you said to look for to delete but it was WSSYNCMLNPS.APK instead. is this the one for my fone?

thanks for your help - hate the ota push been trying to figure out how to get rid of it cause i dont want to update.

let me know
Do you have Download Manager 2.3.6?
If so try that one.
Are you already on 2.3.6? Because I noticed Device Management is no longer there once I updated to 2.3.6.

But you're on Sprint, so not exactly sure what it's called.