[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Vibrant (BUILD 17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PowSniffer0110

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden
Is your phone completely dead or it turns on? Connect phone to pc, vol up and power and reinsert battery for DL mode if you have odin and tar and pit files

Im just gonna go back to stock then upgrade. Im getting scared of a hardbrick :(

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Is your phone completely dead or it turns on? Connect phone to pc, vol up and power and reinsert battery for DL mode if you have odin and tar and pit files

Hey Dougieeeee helpp me. Im not a n00b promise haha. This is my girlfriends phone I had a vibrant and never had problems. K blah blah I reflashed through ODIN, phone worked now it boots and when it finishes Galaxy S bootup screen goes black and phone wont stop vibrating randomly. Can not see any UI. I need to fix and get into recovery. Phone will not be recognized through adb either. ANy help?

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
O
Im just gonna go back to stock then upgrade. Im getting scared of a hardbrick :(

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Hey Dougieeeee helpp me. Im not a n00b promise haha. This is my girlfriends phone I had a vibrant and never had problems. K blah blah I reflashed through ODIN, phone worked now it boots and when it finishes Galaxy S bootup screen goes black and phone wont stop vibrating randomly. Can not see any UI. I need to fix and get into recovery. Phone will not be recognized through adb either. ANy help?

Hmm..weird.. at this point I would reodin. In odin uncheck auto reboot and check repartitions. Did you use JFD and 512 pit at the same time? If not you should

PowSniffer0110

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden
O

Hmm..weird.. at this point I would reodin. In odin uncheck auto reboot and check repartitions. Did you use JFD and 512 pit at the same time? If not you should

Welllllll im downloading an ODIN rom right. ****ing joke finding ODIN packages now that the Rom Bible is gone. And multiupload does not work. Im now downloading euguenes373 froyo that does not brick. IDK where the 512 pit is ill find it. Where do i load that in? what field

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

and im not able to check/uncheck allow USB DEBUGGING. Thats the hard part

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
Welllllll im downloading an ODIN rom right. ****ing joke finding ODIN packages now that the Rom Bible is gone. And multiupload does not work. Im now downloading euguenes373 froyo that does not brick. IDK where the 512 pit is ill find it. Where do i load that in? what field

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I usually heimdall or odin back to stock firmware -> flash overstock -> flash cm7.

Overstock will not boot for you but you let it try to boot for a minute or two to convert your partitions. After, you can pull the battery, button combo into recovery, and flash CM7. It may take a few seconds for it to go into recovery and may look like it's just stuck again, keep holding the combo. If you get into recovery but get errors, you didn't wait long enough in the first boot before rebooting.

Overstock Kernel:
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/aries/sgh-t959/root/Cmenard-overstock-vibrant.zip

Here are the stock .pit and .tar for Odin:
http://files.androidspin.com/downlo...in/samsung/vibrant/&file=s1_odin_20100512.rar (unzip this rar and take the .pit)
http://files.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=androidspin/samsung/vibrant/&file=T959UVJFD.tar (leave this tar zipped)

.pit goes in PIT field of Odin
.tar goes in PDA field of Odin

Last edited:

PowSniffer0110

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden
I usually heimdall or odin back to stock firmware -> flash overstock -> flash cm7.

Overstock will not boot for you but you let it try to boot for a minute or two to convert your partitions. After, you can pull the battery, button combo into recovery, and flash CM7. It may take a few seconds for it to go into recovery and may look like it's just stuck again, keep holding the combo. If you get into recovery but get errors, you didn't wait long enough in the first boot before rebooting.

Overstock Kernel:

http://files.androidspin.com/downlo...in/samsung/vibrant/&file=s1_odin_20100512.rar (unzip this rar and take the .pit)
http://files.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=androidspin/samsung/vibrant/&file=T959UVJFD.tar (leave this tar zipped)

Thanks! Didnt see all this but def helps. I thinnk Im good on JFD right now and bout to flash 16B and GAPPS hopefully all is well. NOW my real question is why did formatting boot (which is what I assume it was), make me not be able to boot into recovery? I had the GLITCH recovery btw

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
It doesn't matter if you format boot but keep in mind that you must flash a kernel or a rom immediately afterwards

First, use heimdall for this procedure. Grab a "boot.img" from any cwm flash able zip like glitch v14. In heimdall, add a kernel and then add a recovery. For the file, choose the "boot.img" you extracted for both. Flash, and you will now be able to access cwm recovery with the finger combo.

Btw, you will need a pit file to load first for heimdall 1.3.x before you can choose a kernel or a recovery to flash. I think from download mode, heimdall can extract your pit. Otherwise, use the pit you already have from other Odin packages.

MP

From Porta Hell.

Sung of Sam Vibrant, T-Mobile USA

Reactions: PowSniffer0110

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
@FaultException

I have a regular 3g Vibrant and I did the FFC mod using a Vibrant 4G camera.

The rear cam work perfect in any rom (samsung froyo/gb, cm7, cm9), now the front camera works correctly only if I use a vibrant 4G based rom (bionix frost), if I use any other rom the front camera is always 180 of the actual orientation (rear cam works correctly).

Can you direct me to what values to change or play with ?

BTW: I don't know any programing but I know how to decompile an app and do some minor smali edit.

Thanks for reading.

PS: I have been looking around and found this

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/Camera.Parameters.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9080911/android-camera-in-my-app-is-rotated

but I have no idea where those are located.

Last edited:

jnusz

Feb 3, 2011
Just wanted to say that I'm running build 16B (using the Icy Glitch V14 B5 kernel) and this is the smoothest my phone has ever ran. I can't wait until everything else is implemented, i'm sure there are options that haven't been put in that will let me make it run even MORE smooth.

Thanks for your hard work guys.

FaultException

Jan 13, 2012
@FaultException

I have a regular 3g Vibrant and I did the FFC mod using a Vibrant 4G camera.

The rear cam work perfect in any rom (samsung froyo/gb, cm7, cm9), now the front camera works correctly only if I use a vibrant 4G based rom (bionix frost), if I use any other rom the front camera is always 180 of the actual orientation (rear cam works correctly).

Can you direct me to what values to change or play with ?

BTW: I don't know any programing but I know how to decompile an app and do some minor smali edit.

Thanks for reading.

PS: I have been looking around and found this

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/Camera.Parameters.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9080911/android-camera-in-my-app-is-rotated

but I have no idea where those are located.

I don't know for sure.

The Camera.Parameters would only affect the app that uses those parameters. Any other app would still be flipped.

A start would be to examine an open source Vibrant 4G ROM.

Also, are you pushing the I9000 camera files or the Vibrant 4G camera files? I believe the wiki says to push I9K files, but if you're using a V4G camera, you might try that. (If you bootloop, flash the ROM over itself to restore the original ROM files)

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
I don't know for sure.

The Camera.Parameters would only affect the app that uses those parameters. Any other app would still be flipped.

A start would be to examine an open source Vibrant 4G ROM.

Also, are you pushing the I9000 camera files or the Vibrant 4G camera files? I believe the wiki says to push I9K files, but if you're using a V4G camera, you might try that. (If you bootloop, flash the ROM over itself to restore the original ROM files)

Thanks for responding.

I'm using the libs from i9000, I can't use the v4g camera because its tw based (gb 2.3.6), unfortunately there is not aosp for for the v4g atm :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

FaultException

Jan 13, 2012
Thanks for responding.

I'm using the libs from i9000, I can't use the v4g camera because its tw based (gb 2.3.6), unfortunately there is not aosp for for the v4g atm :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Really, no AOSP-based ROMs for V4G, just not that popular, eh?

As for the camera files, I mean the proprietary files, for example, the GPSD blob from this ROM is one that was used in CM7 (Gingerbread) in the past apparently, and there is no official proprietary blobs for Vibrant for ICS being that we haven't even got official Gingerbread.

But I can imagine there being some differences in the way Android tries to interface with the blob or the blob tries to interface with Android versions.

But that could definitely be a problem, being that you're running phone A with B's camera blobs, with C's camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrafael

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
Really, no AOSP-based ROMs for V4G, just not that popular, eh?

As for the camera files, I mean the proprietary files, for example, the GPSD blob from this ROM is one that was used in CM7 (Gingerbread) in the past apparently, and there is no official proprietary blobs for Vibrant for ICS being that we haven't even got official Gingerbread.

But I can imagine there being some differences in the way Android tries to interface with the blob or the blob tries to interface with Android versions.

But that could definitely be a problem, being that you're running phone A with B's camera blobs, with C's camera.

I look at their gingerbread blobs and there are nothing like I9000 GB.

under system/lib:

libarccamera.so
libcamera.so
libcamera_client.so
libcamera_eclair.so
libcamera_froyo.
libcamera_gingerbread.so
libcameraservice.so
libcamerafirmwarejni.so
libseccamera.so
libseccameraadaptor.so

I you want I can take my ffc out and mailed to you, so you can test further ?

Danstek

Jul 20, 2011
When I'm on wifi, data connection keeps dropping for some reason. It cuts out on both wifi and cellular network and has to constantly reconnect. Cellular network works fine with wifi off though. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

FaultException

Jan 13, 2012
I look at their gingerbread blobs and there are nothing like I9000 GB.

under system/lib:

libarccamera.so
libcamera.so
libcamera_client.so
libcamera_eclair.so
libcamera_froyo.
libcamera_gingerbread.so
libcameraservice.so
libcamerafirmwarejni.so
libseccamera.so
libseccameraadaptor.so

I you want I can take my ffc out and mailed to you, so you can test further ?

Nah.

If you can, could you find an old sixstringsg CM9 kang (before he started doing it from source...), one that is the I9K CM9 with Vibrant stuff added, can you try the FFC with that and see if that works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Teamhacksung (the rest of them really!) has been porting ICS (to be CM9) for the Galaxy S and they feel that it has reached a state where it would benefit from public testing. However this is still a very early versions and there will be bugs. Bug reports are allowed in this thread only. Please check the known issues section before reporting a bug. The most minor bugs are welcomed (we'd love to know them, but we may not fix them instantly).

Download
    ROM: BUILD 17: androtransfer.com / Mediafire
    Google Apps: Download from ROM Manager. (Or http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics...213-signed.zip)
    Google Apps Fixer: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: af8bcaf5f8158e8e1be7097fc86b6b28)

Google Apps Fixer will fix your problem with not being able to add Google Account or Calendar Sync, but will also reset your Google Apps data. Only flash if you're having problems. If Google Apps Fixer does not work for you, do a factory reset from CWM (or Android Settings) and do not restore system data via TitaniumBackup.

Older Downloads

ROM
    Build 16B: Mediafire

Google Apps
    v7.1: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: 8bf66137f18de45657f29c129a8f4d52)
    v7: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: 1888fbb15f36a076cb3908acaf1bd15a)
    v6: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: 6f51ded731d173c31b8c47395ca580b7)
    v5.3: MultiUpload / tux-head.net / faramir.eriador.org (md5: e7d69d98a633b646e4f14e6a43208e66)
    v5.1: MultiUpload / tux-head.net (thanks! Kaik541) (md5: 87415730a1db2e90d3588bc895f239e5)
    v5: MultiUpload (thanks! Kaik541) (md5: 8667c9ddca581a98867fc02db29a2326)
    v4: MultiUpload (thanks! Kaik541) (No longer include apps downloadable from Market.) (md5: 8b2dad009bc2f8724d27f78bca162495)
    v3: internal
    v2: MultiUpload (thanks! koush)
    v1: MultiUpload (thanks! koush)

Installation

- First time flashing ICS to your Vibrant (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    7. WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work.
    - Upgrading from CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Coming from onecosmic's ICS build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    4. Reboot into recovery and WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. If radio doesn't work, go back to Samsung ROM and flash from there.
    - Upgrading from another build of ICS by teamhacksung?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery.

Source

Kernel Source: https://github.com/teamhacksung/samsung-kernel-aries
    Userspace Source: Patches are being integrated into CM's mainline tree. Device tree is available on teamhacksung's GitHub, but may not be buildable. No support for the source code, do not post that you are not able to build it.

Known Issues
    • Camera does not support scene modes
    • Phone unnecessarily gets data connection on device encryption password enter screen.
    • Cannot format external SD *
    • Android OS battery usage display higher than normal.
    • Sometime wrong SMS selected for forwarding
    • Format internal instead of external SD when requested to format ext. SD
    • Transfer speed slows down when screen off
    • Screenshot shutter sound
    • TV Out using HW-decoding (probably won't be fixed)
    • Sim Toolkit (probably won't be fixed)
    • No camera focus mode setting
    • Compass doesn't work in Google Maps v6
    • Unable to dial "0001" in some regions
    • Slow USB transfer speed for some people
    • Camera still photos problem after recording video
    • Top of widget selection selector says "Select screen lock"
    • Note: there are a lot of new options in Settings, but many of them are not implemented yet. DO NOT REPORT THEM AS BUGS. Additionally, some users has reported boot failure after disabling boot animation.
    • Empty wifi icon when using juice defender / sometimes on boot
    • Unused bottom bar in landscape dialer
    • Send contact to voicemail doesn't work
    • 911/E911 is unknown, one report of weirdness
    Fixed Issues

BUILD 17
    • Top of widget selection selector says "Select screen lock" (Upstream fix)
    • Chrome not working
    • Various other upstream fixes
    BUILD 16
    • Regression in BUILD 15: Superuser application crashes
    • Regression in BUILD 15: Data Roaming enabled by default
    • Back camera does not record geotagging
    • Camera crashes when changing resolution
    • New: WM8994 Extensions (aka "Voodoo Sound") is now configurable from DSP Manager
    BUILD 15
    • Duplicate entries in MediaScanner (will only prevent new duplicates, need to clear data to get rid of old duplicates)
    • Regression in BUILD 14: Screen flicker while turning off
    • Regression in BUILD 14: adb turns off every reboot
    • Mute-unmute needed on some calls (hopefully)
    • Notification power widget uncustomizable (now integrated into Settings)
    • Reboot into recovery on crash (it will still reboot, just not into recovery)
    • Unreliable Wi-Fi on screen off (hopefully)
    • Gallery face glow FCs
    BUILD 14
    • Laggy video recording in low light
    • "sin" does not work in calculator in Spanish
    • Laggy playback of some video in .mkv container (same video works in the .mp4 container) (Recommendation: Dice Player from market. Does its own mkv extraction and has hw decoding support)
    • New Feature: Gamma tuning (equivalent to Voodoo Color's "v1 gamma hack")
    BUILD 13
    • 720p Video Recording laggy
    • No camera zoom
    • Timelapse video recording crashes
    • TV Out broken on sleep
    • TV Out black video
    • Broken encryption (regression in BUILD 11) (WARNING: users with already encrypted phone will have their data cleared (for real this time))
    BUILD 12
    • Compass, accelerometer broken in certain apps
    • Random force closes (hopefully)
    • Missing camera touch to focus (thanks to havlenapetr)
    • GPS does not work (regression in BUILD 11)
    • Off-charging does not show progress
    • /datadata cache not cleared when space is low
    • Slow mass storage transfer speed
    • Automatic brightness not working
    GApps v7.1
    • Network location broken
    GApps v7
    • Market purchase broken
    BUILD 11
    • Encryption not working without a data wipe (WARNING: users with already encrypted phone will have their data cleared)
    • Cannot authenticate new apps for root
    • Data sometimes get disabled on boot
    GApps v6 / Face Unlock v6
    • Updated: based on IML74K
    • Face Unlock not working on BUILD 10+
    BUILD 10
    • No hardware composition (but hardware acceleration works)
    • Video recording does not work.
    • Video playback is not hardware-accelerated.
    • The front camera produces distorted preview.
    • Photo taking does not work with the front camera.
    • Some camera options FC. (The camera is a temporary hack, when the Nexus S ICS source is released, there will be a proper fix.)
    • Movie Studio does not work.
    • WiFi automatically turns on after quitting airplane mode if WiFi was used during airplane mode.
    • Data Roaming is enabled by default
    • Can select widget on launcher without being on the widget screen *
    GApps v5.3
    • Updated: Market apk
    • Removed: unneeded GoogleLatinIME
    BUILD 9
    • WPA Wifi Tethering broken (regression in BUILD 8)
    • Audio recording by android app crashes (phone calls still work) (regression in BUILD 8)
    • Phone crashes in landscape with T9 enabled
    • Reboot to recovery by default even though recovery not selected.
    • Slow T9 speed
    • CPU rarely scaling up to 1000 MHz
    • GMail sometimes fills up /datadata with attachments
    BUILD 8
    • USB Tethering on Windows requires the user go to to driver update and manually select the RNDIS driver.
    • Sketchy wifi tether (breaks if data connection comes up while tether is active) (it will still error, but you can now re-enable it)
    • Mounting external SD via USB broke in BUILD 7
    • Cannot accept many file types via bluetooth
    • Data activity icon sometimes gets stuck even data is off.
    • New feature: T9 Dialing by devatwork (Enable in Dialer Setting)
    BUILD 7
    • Cannot encrypt phone after restoring data.
    • Wi-Fi problems for Iran users
    • Market download temporarily goes to /datadata
    • Support for TV Out (in Galaxy S Setting application)
    • Screen appearing for a split second after screen off animation
    BUILD 6
    • Persistent "Removed SD card" message on external sd card removal.
    • Missing library for Android Open Accessory
    • Support for USB Mass Storage (see FAQ)
    BUILD 5
    • VPN does not work
    • Regression in device encryption
    BUILD 4
    • Large photos cannot be edited.
    • Missing Live Wallpapers
    • Bluetooth Reverse Tether does not work
    • Wi-Fi Direct not supported (it's supported in settings now, but apps are needed to use it as ICS does not come with any use-case for Wi-Fi direct)
    • Sometimes wifi strength won't show after boot if wifi is enabled. Toggle once to fix. (fixed, hopefully)
    GApps v5.1
    • GApps: Missing TTS libs
    GApps v5
    • GApps: Missing Picasa Sync
    • GApps: Unable to purchase apps
    Build 3
    • Device encryption does not work. (Note: temporarily broken again in BUILD 4, works on BUILD 5)
    • User does not have write permission for external sd
    • A2DP bluetooth headsets do not work.
    GApps v4
    • GApps: More missing libs for GoogleTTS
    Build 2
    • Superuser.apk does not open.
    • Installer does not work on Samsung ROMs.
    • Factory reset (from settings menu) does not clear /datadata.
    GApps v2
    • GApps: Missing voice chat, maps, text-to-speech libraries
    • GApps: Android Keyboard appears twice in Settings.
    Frequently Asked Questions

My calendar sync isn't working!
    Install the latest build and gapps and gapps fixer. If it still doesn't work, wipe your data.

App X isn't working!
    Check the list at http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1402210 (unaffiliated with teamhacksung) first and check if it works on other ICS phones. Most likely, it's the application's problem, not ours.

Can I mount the phone as mass storage via USB?
    Starting from BUILD12, mass storage is the default configuration (might not apply to existing installations). The below command can be used to change into USB Mass Storage mode. USB Mass Storage mode is always used in recovery.

Code:
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
    If you want to switch to MTP mode use

Code:
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb
    Please reboot after executing the command.

I can't adb into the phone!
    Please install Nexus S drivers from Google. (Or Galaxy Nexus's driver in MTP mode)

Can I flash other modems?
    You may flash modem packages designed for CM7.

How do I take a screenshot?
    The screenshot taking function is built into ICS. Hold volume down + power.

Can I use CM7 kernels?
    No, the kernel has modifications to make graphics, camera, data counter and data limit work.

Can I disable LED Notification?
    Yes. Untick Settings -> Display -> Pulse notification light.

Maps keeps asking me to sign in even though I'm signed in!
    Ignore the sign in dialog and pull down the notification menu. Answer the request for permission. Do this a few times and Maps will work.

How do I enter Galaxy S Settings (Device Settings)?
    Type "am start com.cyanogenmod.AriesParts/.AriesParts" from adb. Or starting from BUILD 7, it is available as an icon in your launcher.

Is there a Captivate version?
    A captivate build from the same source (but with captivate config) is available here.

What's working? Why is there only a list of issues?
    Everything else not listed are supposed to be working (aside from the usual CM7 bugs). If they're not listed, please post so that they can be added to the list of issues. A list of issues is far more useful from a development standpoint.

Why am I getting notified that my data partition is getting full when I have 1+ GB free?
    Your /datadata partition, a smaller partition, is getting full.

I want to install gazillion apps on my phone and /datadata is too small
    Run the following and datadata will no longer be used on next reboot. Your phone might become slower though.

Code:
    touch /datadata/.nodatadata
    IRC?
    #cmsgs on freenode

My adb shell isn't root!
    Run "adb root" to restart adb in root mode.

Why is "Android OS" battery usage so high?
    It's just a reporting change in ICS. Android OS now includes battery usage from more components than in Gingerbread, the actual battery drain is the same.

What is "Random Offset" during installation?
    It's just a harmless message given as a verbose logging due to the new ASLR security feature in ICS. It is not an error.

How do I get the latest version of Rom Manager without market?
    If the bundled version doesn't work, update from http://download.clockworkmod.com/rec...RomManager.apk.

I would like feature X
    This thread is not the place for it. Submit it to the CM bug tracker once an official RC is released.

Thanks

syndtr: Updated touch and graphics driver
    onecosmic: Being the first to successfully build the AOSP tree
    Kaik541: GApps from v3 onward
    ancdix: For hosting on tux-head.net
    nikademus (_renaud_): For hosting on faramir.eriador.org
    SysTem-X: For hosting on ics.haxer.org
    sixstringsg: For hosting on androtransfer.com
    CyanogenMod team: Setting up the infrastructure and being a great help in the porting process.
    sixstringsg, TkGlitch, and Skitz: Helping me get GPS going on ICS.
    Team ICS Passion: This build uses a gpsd blob they found for their ROM from older versions of CM7.
    and everyone else involved in this port or CM7 for SGS.
    I'm using it as daily since 14. The only real downer for me is the mute issue

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Mute issue has just been fixed. As soon as vibrant CM9 is merged into mainline, we can start nightlies.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Overstock Kernel:

I just ported the update-cm-9-20120330-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd-signed rom to work on the Vibrant. I just added the proper cwm keylayouts, all GPS files from ICZen RC1.4, KB5 modem, changed build prop to Vibrant, installed mute\unmute fix by replacing audio.primary.aries.so file with the fixed version from Fault Exception, removed all assert scripts in update-script so it will flash properly on Vibrant, and Glitch v14 B6 kernel. This rom is flying and I would highly recommend trying it. I would also recommend flashing Subzero Build #34 or SlimICS v2.8 stock kernel if you want GPS to lock properly after deep sleep and have much quicker USB transfer speeds. I just flashed Subzero Build#34 with Voodoo Color and it works great and GPS locks after deep sleep perfectly. I have attached the Voodoo Color version of Subzero Build#34 and you will need to flash it after you have booted in to the rom. Let me know what you think. You can download it from the following mediafire link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8e5d8qyfnasi35
    This is awesome, thank you. What is the difference between teamhacksung and CM? Are you teamhacksung or CM?

teamhacksung is kinda like the CM Samsung division.
    CyanogenMod is CyanogenMod as a whole.

I'm actually not sure if I'm a member of THS or just have hang out there because I work on a Samsung device ;)

I am a member of CyanogenMod, being a device maintainer.

If you're trying to donate directly to me, then it'd be the third option. If you want to donate to CyanogenMod to help overall CyanogenMod server costs and etc, it'd be the first option. If you want to donate to teamhacksung to help them out for the Samsung device efforts, then it'd be the second option.

EDIT: I recommend not donating to me, I haven't really done much, teamhacksung has gotten ICS going on SGS1, which Vibrant is just a skip hop away.