Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ICS roms choppy video fix

OP eclipsekid07

25th February 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
I couldn't find a video player that would work with cyanogen mod 9 ics rom because lack of hardware acceleration i found that MX video player (free) does work perfectly on my p1000 galaxy tab when set to software decoding though just thought i would let everyone know because i was trying multiple things to get it to work. I have only tried this with .3gp video though. My ics rom does everything I need it to now, hope this helps .
Last edited by eclipsekid07; 25th February 2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: correction
1st March 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #2  
qm4n76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106
 
334 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsekid07

I couldn't find a video player that would work with cyanogen mod 9 ics rom because lack of hardware acceleration i found that MX video player (free) does work perfectly on my p1000 galaxy tab when set to software decoding though just thought i would let everyone know because i was trying multiple things to get it to work. I have only tried this with .3gp video though. My ics rom does everything I need it to now, hope this helps .

I don't have any problem with video player in cm9
Check this
1st March 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by qm4n76

I don't have any problem with video player in cm9
Check this

If you look in the description of the video you posted its using mx video player thats why its working because currently there is no hardware acceleration.
2nd March 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
I still get like a tear looking thing on the upper right part of the screen.How to fix that?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
2nd March 2012, 03:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Settings for Mx Video Player to play .3gp videos
I checked s/w decoder, fast mode and deinterlace in decoder settings that mad my .3gp video played fine i am not sure with other video formats if they will work though what kind of video format are you using?
Last edited by eclipsekid07; 2nd March 2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: grammer
19th March 2012, 06:05 AM   |  #6  
qm4n76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106
 
334 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsekid07

If you look in the description of the video you posted its using mx video player thats why its working because currently there is no hardware acceleration.

There is HW acceleration enable on mx video player that I'm using playing the video on my post.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium HD app
20th March 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by qm4n76

There is HW acceleration enable on mx video player that I'm using playing the video on my post.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium HD app


When I posted this It was working with software decoder only, you are using a slimdizzy rom a nightly build I was using "CM9 (WIP)" at the time. Now hardware acceleration works fine anyways on Milestone 4 rom.
26th March 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Update MoboPlayer works better than Mx Video Player
I have found out MoboPlayer is a better solution for a video player. Mx Video Player seems to have some glitches with video playback. I am using build #28 AOKP ICS rom with MoboPlayer and am very pleased with MoboPlayer it works perfect with no choppy playback at all.
26th March 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #9  
qm4n76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106
 
334 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsekid07

When I posted this It was working with software decoder only, you are using a slimdizzy rom a nightly build I was using "CM9 (WIP)" at the time. Now hardware acceleration works fine anyways on Milestone 4 rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsekid07

I checked s/w decoder, fast mode and deinterlace in decoder settings that mad my .3gp video played fine i am not sure with other video formats if they will work though what kind of video format are you using?


there is a new kernel from HumberOS, this kernel can apply for all CM9 ROM , it's fix wifi and video HW accel, chek this
Quote:
Originally Posted by humberos

Main Features:

  • New wifi driver
  • HW/Accel without green glitch.

Download

http://www.humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html

Enjoy!

Greetings from Brazil!

Last edited by qm4n76; 26th March 2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: add quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qm4n76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by qm4n76

there is a new kernel from HumberOS, this kernel can apply for all CM9 ROM , it's fix wifi and video HW accel, chek this

Thanks , I will definitely try this might fix the issue i have with game loft nova game also.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes