Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Disabling Phone/3G

OP cliefan

25th February 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 28

213 posts
Donate to Me
Looking for a ROM for my old Droid1 to use wifi only...no phone/3g...or is there a way to disable it...build.prop mod?
25th February 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 108

439 posts
More
why would you do that?? u can put the phone on airplane mode ..hope it solves your problem
29th February 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliefan

Looking for a ROM for my old Droid1 to use wifi only...no phone/3g...or is there a way to disable it...build.prop mod?

I did this with my old Droid. I just used the latest build of CM7 for it. You can use the power widget that is included with CM7 and select the Disable Mobile Data option. Some homescreen apps, like LauncherPro, can hide apps from the drawer, so you could hide Phone/Contacts/etc. This worked well for me.
1st March 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gildan27

I did this with my old Droid. I just used the latest build of CM7 for it. You can use the power widget that is included with CM7 and select the Disable Mobile Data option. Some homescreen apps, like LauncherPro, can hide apps from the drawer, so you could hide Phone/Contacts/etc. This worked well for me.

But he does not want to hide the apps, he wants to disable the telephone function, right? The only way to realize this is using the airplane mode ...
4th March 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 28

213 posts
Donate to Me
Sorry getting back to this soo late....busy week of work.

My plan is to use this for my 4yr old as a teaching device. Reading/Writing/math with Time limits/etc...The idea would be that phone/gps would be permanently off, wifi enabled.

Looking into the Parental Control App too.
4th March 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 108

439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliefan

Sorry getting back to this soo late....busy week of work.

My plan is to use this for my 4yr old as a teaching device. Reading/Writing/math with Time limits/etc...The idea would be that phone/gps would be permanently off, wifi enabled.

Looking into the Parental Control App too.

why dont u try freezing or uninstalling the dialer ...idk if it can cause any problems with the system haven't tried doin it
5th March 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 20

68 posts
Use a custom launcher like ADW and remove any shortcuts to the phone and contact apps. That way your kid can't accidentally dial 911.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread