Disabling Phone/3G

Tip us?

cliefan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Default Disabling Phone/3G

Looking for a ROM for my old Droid1 to use wifi only...no phone/3g...or is there a way to disable it...build.prop mod?

shalom06
Old
Thanks Meter 100
why would you do that?? u can put the phone on airplane mode ..hope it solves your problem
]

Sum Nokia(Working)--> Lg cookie Plus(Working)-->Motorola Milestone(Dead )-->Motorola Fire XT(Working)-->Motorola Defy XT(Working)-->LG NEXUS 4 WHITE(Working).

gildan27
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliefan View Post
Looking for a ROM for my old Droid1 to use wifi only...no phone/3g...or is there a way to disable it...build.prop mod?
I did this with my old Droid. I just used the latest build of CM7 for it. You can use the power widget that is included with CM7 and select the Disable Mobile Data option. Some homescreen apps, like LauncherPro, can hide apps from the drawer, so you could hide Phone/Contacts/etc. This worked well for me.

Resix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gildan27 View Post
I did this with my old Droid. I just used the latest build of CM7 for it. You can use the power widget that is included with CM7 and select the Disable Mobile Data option. Some homescreen apps, like LauncherPro, can hide apps from the drawer, so you could hide Phone/Contacts/etc. This worked well for me.
But he does not want to hide the apps, he wants to disable the telephone function, right? The only way to realize this is using the airplane mode ...

cliefan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Sorry getting back to this soo late....busy week of work.

My plan is to use this for my 4yr old as a teaching device. Reading/Writing/math with Time limits/etc...The idea would be that phone/gps would be permanently off, wifi enabled.

Looking into the Parental Control App too.

shalom06
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliefan View Post
Sorry getting back to this soo late....busy week of work.

My plan is to use this for my 4yr old as a teaching device. Reading/Writing/math with Time limits/etc...The idea would be that phone/gps would be permanently off, wifi enabled.

Looking into the Parental Control App too.
why dont u try freezing or uninstalling the dialer ...idk if it can cause any problems with the system haven't tried doin it
]

Sum Nokia(Working)--> Lg cookie Plus(Working)-->Motorola Milestone(Dead )-->Motorola Fire XT(Working)-->Motorola Defy XT(Working)-->LG NEXUS 4 WHITE(Working).

Dave Lister
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Use a custom launcher like ADW and remove any shortcuts to the phone and contact apps. That way your kid can't accidentally dial 911.