5,600,429 Members 32,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fast/Easy unbrick - Droid 3 (XT862)

Tip us?

Dunkelherzmann
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Bricked Droid 3 Finally Fixed :D

Thank you very much @redsox985 for pointing out were to find the mirror, it worked great ! I finally unbricked my beloved Droid 3 a couple days back, now a new question comes to mind...

Does using this unbrick method would prevent me or whoever in that matter to be able to install a safe strap custom recovery and/or if so, also prevent the installation of a custom rom?

I have tried to install a safe strap recovery from "Codes of Hash" so I can use Darkdroid Rom once again but I have been unsuccessful in that endevour...

Thank you again for taking your time to read this, it is deeply appreciated!

gierso
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkelherzmann View Post
Thank you very much @redsox985 for pointing out were to find the mirror, it worked great ! I finally unbricked my beloved Droid 3 a couple days back, now a new question comes to mind...

Does using this unbrick method would prevent me or whoever in that matter to be able to install a safe strap custom recovery and/or if so, also prevent the installation of a custom rom?

I have tried to install a safe strap recovery from "Codes of Hash" so I can use Darkdroid Rom once again but I have been unsuccessful in that endevour...

Thank you again for taking your time to read this, it is deeply appreciated!
Maybe a dumb question but have you remembered to re root???? because safe strap is just install apk ....

Enviado desde mi XT862 usando Tapatalk
~Serge
------
Phone:
Google NEXUS 4<-- Razr XT910 (Sold)<-- XT862 Droid 3 (Sold)<--Nokia N97 (drawer/backup)<--Nokia 5800 (drowned/repaired/sold)<--Weird Chinese Dual SIM phone (forgot it ever existed[in a drawer])<--Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Ericsson(broken)
Tablet:
Nexus 10<--Asus Tf700t pad INFINITY (Sold)<--Asus Tf300t (Sold almost new for the tf700)<--Viewsonic G-Tablet (drawer/ Photoframe)
Droid 3 XT862 FASTBOOT FILES to unbrick your Droid 3 /mirror to the files here splitted with 7ZIP
The Following User Says Thank You to gierso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheGratefulDead
Old
Thanks Meter 57
This is great I unbricked three times using this method. I didn't have a extra isbn so I used a wall charger just got lucky with the wiring each time haha
I'm on the Droids heavy

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by gierso View Post
Maybe a dumb question but have you remembered to re root???? because safe strap is just install apk ....

Enviado desde mi XT862 usando Tapatalk
My thought as well. This method returns you to box stock software (5.6.890 OTA)...with no root.
The Following User Says Thank You to redsox985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dunkelherzmann
Old
(Last edited by Dunkelherzmann; 4th March 2012 at 01:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I finally got it working, I will try to describe as best as possible what I did to get it all back to track in hopes that it might actually help somebody else as well, I will make remarks on the software I used and post links to it as well.

First, I used the Unbrick method, that worked great... I can't stress enough how happy I was to see my phone working again.

Second, I rooted my phone using SuperOneClick 2.3.3 from shotfuse.org http://depositfiles.com/files/n0dcxce3t

Third, I changed the settings on the "SuperUser" app to allow root permissions to all requesting apps automatically.

Fourth, I went on the endevour of installing the "Custom Recovery" on my phone by the means of "Safestrap" or "Bootstrap" and I tried several of them but most didn't install anything even by having the root access they would not install the recovery so I kept looking...

Fifth, I finally found my shine of light: "Droid 3 Bootstrapper [TWEAKED]" this did the trick for me, it finally got me to CWM, you can download it from here http://www.mediafire.com/?oiohld4yv3fgfeo

Sixth, I then later installed Rom Manager and successfully installed Hashcode's "CM9 ICS RC0" from the Rom Manager, I have also used it with DarkDroid and it worked perfectly as well...

In any case this reply becomes a violation of XDA's rules I ask the Mods to delete it if not I hope it can help give some bit of insight to other afflicted users of the Droid 3.

I also wish to say thanks to all of you who helped me, I appreciate it deeply :)

PS: I really wanted a debloated Custom Rom, I live in Costa Rica and Verizon's bloatware is more than useless here... now I finally got it... keep up the good work!

ChocolateShein
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Anybody got a mirror? It seems that multiupload is down as of now.

Dunkelherzmann
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is the mirror for the Unbrick package

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61707107/Ver...ne_psouza4.zip

Courtesy of redsox985
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dunkelherzmann For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
I finally got it working, I will try to describe as best as possible what I did to get it all back to track in hopes that it might actually help somebody else as well, I will make remarks on the software I used and post links to it as well.

First, I used the Unbrick method, that worked great... I can't stress enough how happy I was to see my phone working again.

Second, I rooted my phone using SuperOneClick 2.3.3 from shotfuse.org http://depositfiles.com/files/n0dcxce3t

Third, I changed the settings on the "SuperUser" app to allow root permissions to all requesting apps automatically.

Fourth, I went on the endevour of installing the "Custom Recovery" on my phone by the means of "Safestrap" or "Bootstrap" and I tried several of them but most didn't install anything even by having the root access they would not install the recovery so I kept looking...

Fifth, I finally found my shine of light: "Droid 3 Bootstrapper [TWEAKED]" this did the trick for me, it finally got me to CWM, you can download it from here http://www.mediafire.com/?oiohld4yv3fgfeo

Sixth, I then later installed Rom Manager and successfully installed Hashcode's "CM9 ICS RC0" from the Rom Manager, I have also used it with DarkDroid and it worked perfectly as well...

In any case this reply becomes a violation of XDA's rules I ask the Mods to delete it if not I hope it can help give some bit of insight to other afflicted users of the Droid 3.

I also wish to say thanks to all of you who helped me, I appreciate it deeply :)

PS: I really wanted a debloated Custom Rom, I live in Costa Rica and Verizon's bloatware is more than useless here... now I finally got it... keep up the good work!
Part of your issues with granting root access is that I don't believe Super One Click 2.3.3 works with this phone. If you use PZousa's Root Tool found in a sticky around here somewhere, probably over in development, it will root fine and always grant SuperUser permission.

Dunkelherzmann
Old
(Last edited by Dunkelherzmann; 6th March 2012 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I confess I have never tried rooting my phone by other means other than SuperOneClick, I will look into it, thanks for the heads up!

*Edit: I used the Unbrick procedure to go back to Stock Firmware, then ran PZousa's Rooting Tool and then I could normally install Hashcode's Safestrap like a charm!

@redsox985 you're the man! thanks!!

gierso
Old
(Last edited by gierso; 8th March 2012 at 11:05 PM.) Reason: link to root for d3
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:

very weird you cant install the safestrap from hashcodes..
im glad at least one bootstrap worked for you!!
By the way CM9 from this week! beta 03062012 works very nice on the verizon droid!!

if you use GSM on this D3 you should make some improvements to make your life easier..
in build.prop( can use es file explorer with superuser R/W access in options)
change the network to 3 (which is gsm or 3g auto) and the Dualswitch value to false (dont know if it affects but my d3 isnt changing back to cdma anymore.)

if it is CDMA then it should be working perfectly i guess.

also the only roots i know that works are the psouza4 one click script and the new drioid 4 root method
the psousa4 is here http://psouza4.com/droid3/ also the drivers he post are the ones that worked every time for me ...
cheers
~Serge
------
Phone:
Google NEXUS 4<-- Razr XT910 (Sold)<-- XT862 Droid 3 (Sold)<--Nokia N97 (drawer/backup)<--Nokia 5800 (drowned/repaired/sold)<--Weird Chinese Dual SIM phone (forgot it ever existed[in a drawer])<--Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Ericsson(broken)
Tablet:
Nexus 10<--Asus Tf700t pad INFINITY (Sold)<--Asus Tf300t (Sold almost new for the tf700)<--Viewsonic G-Tablet (drawer/ Photoframe)
Droid 3 XT862 FASTBOOT FILES to unbrick your Droid 3 /mirror to the files here splitted with 7ZIP