Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3% battery drain

Tip us?

leppo
Old
Thanks Meter 43
how do you guys avoid touching your Note for so long? i can't put mine down
Current devices: Moto G
Past devices: iPhone 5, HTC 8X, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250), Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000), iPhone 3GS

Dancairo
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Being asleep I guess ;)

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
ok, if you have your radio turned off, and wifi turned off, and screen turned off, your note can last a couple/few days on standy

I misread, i thought the OP was actually USING his phone and the % only dropped like 1% in 8 hours or 3% in 5 hours which of course would be SUPER

but for me even when im sleep i leave wifi on
i could save more juice by not having the wifi on yeah sure

jeromepearce
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I have my phone drop into 'phone only' mode at 20% battery. From that point, the amount of battery use is negligible. I believe all the hype about 'standby time' now. I think it could last a week at least like that from a full charge.

The fact is it is good at conserving battery until you use the other features. Then it drains like crazy in comparison.

So to get great battery life:

Turn off WiFi
Turn off mobile data
Turn off auto-sync
Turn screen to 1% (I find 0% turns the screen off!)
Turn off GPS
Turn off bluetooth
Kill all unused apps & services
Turn the screen off.

Or, you could buy a 'dumb' phone, of course! That is effectively what you are doing by this.
Living in the tropics and loving it

willstay
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Unlike Symbian where app is authorized to initiate said connection (wifi/cellular), it was possible to keep apps like email/fbook poll every 10/15 minutes. In Android, the design is such that apps don't initiate connection.

So during weekend days when email is not utmost important, I use Tasker to turn wifi/cellular/sync on every 15 minutes for short interval of time. This saves a lot of battery drain. But obviously suitable when you do not need to be on the edge of info highway.

UncleManuel
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Morning!

Second start of the day: 4mA drain in flightmode, 56mA on standby with WiFi on.

And after a full day of playing arround (no games) and getting used to the Note yesterday the battery was still at 50%...

Ah yeah, some more values:
Bluetooth on, doing nothing: 51mA (so it adds nothing more to the standard standby drain)
Bluetooth + Headset, doing nothing: 102mA
LG G2 "The Different One"
LG KK 4.4.2 (KOT49I.D80220b)

Asus TransformerPad TF300T "The Red One"
Asus JB 4.2.1 (10.6.1.27.5)

Samsung Galaxy Note ("The Attention W'hore")
Biftor SlimKat V6.0

HTC HD2 ("The Veteran")
HyperDroid CM7

purple zebra
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromepearce View Post
I have my phone drop into 'phone only' mode at 20% battery. From that point, the amount of battery use is negligible. I believe all the hype about 'standby time' now. I think it could last a week at least like that from a full charge.

The fact is it is good at conserving battery until you use the other features. Then it drains like crazy in comparison.

So to get great battery life:

Turn off WiFi
Turn off mobile data
Turn off auto-sync
Turn screen to 1% (I find 0% turns the screen off!)
Turn off GPS
Turn off bluetooth
Kill all unused apps & services
Turn the screen off.

Or, you could buy a 'dumb' phone, of course! That is effectively what you are doing by this.
I'm certain the Note could do a week on standby.

Doing the things you mention above, I once managed to get my Dell Streak to last for 5 days after I left my charger at my girlfriend's house. The battery was already down to 50% when I left her house, so it lasted 5 days on half a battery!

I think the battery life on my Note is about 25% better than my Streak, so it could easily do a week...

You know, if you wanted it to I can't think of any reason you would want it to, other than being without a charger like I was.