Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

3% battery drain

OP abhi29021992

25th February 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #11  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 43

312 posts
More
how do you guys avoid touching your Note for so long? i can't put mine down
25th February 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 29

31 posts
Being asleep I guess ;)
26th February 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #13  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 198

2,428 posts
ok, if you have your radio turned off, and wifi turned off, and screen turned off, your note can last a couple/few days on standy

I misread, i thought the OP was actually USING his phone and the % only dropped like 1% in 8 hours or 3% in 5 hours which of course would be SUPER

but for me even when im sleep i leave wifi on
i could save more juice by not having the wifi on yeah sure
26th February 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #14  
Flag Mackay
Thanks Meter: 118

671 posts
More
I have my phone drop into 'phone only' mode at 20% battery. From that point, the amount of battery use is negligible. I believe all the hype about 'standby time' now. I think it could last a week at least like that from a full charge.

The fact is it is good at conserving battery until you use the other features. Then it drains like crazy in comparison.

So to get great battery life:

Turn off WiFi
Turn off mobile data
Turn off auto-sync
Turn screen to 1% (I find 0% turns the screen off!)
Turn off GPS
Turn off bluetooth
Kill all unused apps & services
Turn the screen off.

Or, you could buy a 'dumb' phone, of course! That is effectively what you are doing by this.
26th February 2012, 09:43 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 32

188 posts
Unlike Symbian where app is authorized to initiate said connection (wifi/cellular), it was possible to keep apps like email/fbook poll every 10/15 minutes. In Android, the design is such that apps don't initiate connection.

So during weekend days when email is not utmost important, I use Tasker to turn wifi/cellular/sync on every 15 minutes for short interval of time. This saves a lot of battery drain. But obviously suitable when you do not need to be on the edge of info highway.
26th February 2012, 10:49 AM   |  #16  
Flag Bamberg
Thanks Meter: 15

237 posts
More
Morning!

Second start of the day: 4mA drain in flightmode, 56mA on standby with WiFi on.

And after a full day of playing arround (no games) and getting used to the Note yesterday the battery was still at 50%...

Ah yeah, some more values:
Bluetooth on, doing nothing: 51mA (so it adds nothing more to the standard standby drain)
Bluetooth + Headset, doing nothing: 102mA
26th February 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 9

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromepearce

I have my phone drop into 'phone only' mode at 20% battery. From that point, the amount of battery use is negligible. I believe all the hype about 'standby time' now. I think it could last a week at least like that from a full charge.

The fact is it is good at conserving battery until you use the other features. Then it drains like crazy in comparison.

So to get great battery life:

Turn off WiFi
Turn off mobile data
Turn off auto-sync
Turn screen to 1% (I find 0% turns the screen off!)
Turn off GPS
Turn off bluetooth
Kill all unused apps & services
Turn the screen off.

Or, you could buy a 'dumb' phone, of course! That is effectively what you are doing by this.

I'm certain the Note could do a week on standby.

Doing the things you mention above, I once managed to get my Dell Streak to last for 5 days after I left my charger at my girlfriend's house. The battery was already down to 50% when I left her house, so it lasted 5 days on half a battery!

I think the battery life on my Note is about 25% better than my Streak, so it could easily do a week...

You know, if you wanted it to I can't think of any reason you would want it to, other than being without a charger like I was.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread